de la Mancha has released bathtub, a versatile compression effect plug-in for Windows PC.
bathtub is really 2 flexible and configurable stereo compressors that can be routed to be in series or parallel, can be fed the input signal split into high/low frequencies or full band, and can perform as different styles of compressor, limiter or maximizer to produce a range of flavours and effects. The metering shows you visually what is happening too, so you can see how much compression and gain you are getting
- 2 Band multi-function compressor with comprehensive metering.
- Flexible controls allow use as a compressor, limiter or maximiser.
- Can be used as a single band compressor, dual band compressor, dual parallel compressor or dual series compressor.
- 2 bands can be split high / low freq or full spectrum.
- 2 bands can be in parallel or series.
- Fully adjustable frequency split point with adjustable overlap/gap of bands.
- Each band has a full set of independent compression controls for different compression flavours in each.
- Each band has stereo balance for independent Left and Right channel compression.
- Each band has mid/side stereo narrow/width control, which can be used to narrow the low frequency and spread the high, or have independent mid/side compression.
- Either or both bands can use sidechaining to drive the compressor from an external signal.
- Either or both bands can be muted to help with sound design or save CPU in single band mode.
- Attack / Release curve can be linear or non-linear.
- Stereo input detection can be linked or unlinked.
- Input detection can be filtered to reduce distortion at short release times.
- Input detection can be stereo average or max level.
- Input detection can be Peak or RMS level with adjustable window.
- Optional soft limit at final output.
- Look-ahead defined by user in ms.
- Wet/Dry mix control allows blending of dry uncompressed signal for NY style parallel compression.
- Metering for each band and combined output, covers stereo input, output and gain, gain reduction and clip indicator/counter, with adjustable sensitivity. All meters show actual and peak levels.
bathtub is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC and costs $29 USD. It can also be purchased in a bundle with erratic2 for $54 USD (saving $14 USD).
A demo version can be found on the product page (includes sidechain and non-sidechain versions).
Visit de la Mancha for more information.