Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
de la Mancha releases Impakter
de la Mancha has released Impakter, a vintage drum module plugin containing 320 samples of original drum sounds generated on analogue synths and drum machines.
It’s simple and fun to use with a few advanced features to give some variation and randomisation on every loop.
- 320 original electronic drum samples generated on vintage hardware synths and drum machines.
- 4 modules for kick, snare, hats and percussion sounds.
- Each module can host 2 samples and trigger either depending on user defined probability.
- 2 levels of randomising can be assigned to each modules’ volume, pan, decay and pitch for variation every loop.
- Boomer module has resonant low pass filter and dirt control.
- Smacker module has resonant band pass filter and dirt control.
- Tweeter module has tempo-sync repeat function with hold.
- Lazer module has tempo-sync delay function with damping.
- 2 midi triggers for Smacker for differently pitched sounds.
- 3 midi triggers for Lazer for differently pitched sounds.
- 2 midi triggers for Tweeter for different decay envelopes.
- 2 stereo outputs for separate post processing.
- Global envelope decay control.
- 52 presets covering a range of sounds and styles.
Impakter is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC for $24 USD. A demo version is available for download from the product page (It is fully functioning except you will get 1 second of silence every 10 seconds and a nag screen on start up. Only has 32 of the 320 samples from the full version).
Visit de la Mancha for more information and audio demos.