EastWest has announced Hollywood Brass, the second installment in the Hollywood series, once again combining the talents of Shawn Murphy, Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix and Thomas Bergersen.
Recorded in place at EastWest Studio 1, widely regarded as the “best brass recording room in the entire world” with 5 true mic positions, Hollywood Brass is designed to work seamlessly with Hollywood Strings (and the upcoming Woodwinds and Percussion). Running on the next generation and completely revamped engine, PLAY 3, Hollywood Brass will run flawlessly on your system along with Hollywood Strings. This is also exciting news for current Hollywood Strings users, as PLAY 3 and the new Hollywood Strings program update are free to all users.
Hollywood Brass is approximately 150 gigabytes of pure Hollywood magic. A world class group of brass artists, worthy of a Shawn Murphy recording, was gathered for this brass sampling marathon which lasted for 21 straight 11 hour days followed by a year of post production.
Hollywood Brass gives you complete control over the players and includes:
Solo Trumpet, 2 Trumpets, 3 Trumpets, Solo French Horn, 2 French Horns, 6 French Horns, Solo Trombone, 2 Tenor + 1 Bass Trombone, Solo Tuba, Solo Cimbasso and a low brass section consisting of : 2 Tenor Bones, 1 Bass trombone, 1 tuba and 1 cimbasso
But most importantly check out our articulations chart which really shows how far we went to create the ultimate orchestral brass library. No Shortcuts here!!
Hollywood Brass also includes new brass reverb impulses taken from the smash hit convolution reverb Quantum Leap SPACES.
Hollywood Brass features
- Produced by Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix, and Thomas Bergersen.
- Sound engineered by Shawn Murphy (Academy Award, C.A.S. (Cinema Audio Society), BAFTA, and EMMY award-winng sound engineer).
- Extensive multiple-dynamic “true legato” solo and ensemble brass, with multiple sized sections and mutes.
- 5 user-mixable mic positions, extensive articulations, and no shortcuts!
- Includes new PLAY 3 64-bit/32-bit software on both MAC and PC, powerful scripting for ease of use, more user control and detail than any other collection, all recorded in the world famous EASTWEST Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes.
Hollywood Brass will be available July 10th, 2011. Introductory prices for Hollywood Brass Diamond and Gold editions are available.