Expert Sleepers has released version 1.2.0 of Silent Way, a suite of plug-ins designed for use as part of a modular analogue synthesiser system.
This release adds a new plug-in to the Silent Way suite – Silent Way LFO.
As you might guess from the name, this plug-in is a low frequency oscillator device. It offers a variety of waveforms, tempo sync, and can be combined with the control outputs (e.g. envelopes, velocity) of the Voice Controller plug-in to achieve effects such as vibrato that fades in during each note.
Silent Way v1.2.0 features
- Silent Way Voice Controller, a virtual instrument plug-in designed to directly control an analogue synthesiser by generating the appropriate CV and gate signals via an appropriate audio interface. By listening to the synthesiser’s output signal, the plug-in is able to calibrate itself to generate the appropriate pitch CV for the incoming MIDI notes. As well as the basic pitch and gate signals, the plug-in can generate three multi-stage envelope CVs which you can feed to VCAs, VCFs etc. in your synth.
- Silent Way LFO, intended as a low frequency oscillator, performing the same functions as LFOs in any other synth e.g. vibrato, filter cut-off modulation, auto-pan effects etc.
- Silent Way DC, a simple plug-in that generates constant output signals. It is intended to be used in conjunction with parameter automation (via MIDI or directly by the host application) to generate varying signals. For example, you could use it as an LFO where you draw out the LFO waveform in your host’s parameter automation GUI.
- Full MIDI and OSC control.
- MIDI/OSC scriptability.
- Sample-accurate handling of MIDI note messages.
Silent Way is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $49 USD.
More information: Expert Sleepers