Expert Sleepers updates Silent Way to v2.4.0
Expert Sleepers has released version 2.4.0 of its Silent Way suite of plug-ins designed for use with analogue synthesisers, and especially as part of a modular analogue synthesiser system.
The plug-ins produce no sound themselves, nor do they process sound – rather, they generate signals to be used as control voltages (CVs), which can be patched into the control inputs of oscillators, filters, VCAs etc. of an analogue system.
Also, with the addition of the CV Input plug-in, it is possible to bring CVs from the synth into the computer, for recording or processing.
Changes in Silent Way v2.4.0
- Added new Run modes and a periodic reset feature to Silent Way Sync.
- Added virtual MIDI input ports to Silent Way ES-4 Controller and ES-5 Controller.
- Added ‘Manual DAC’ feature to Silent Way Step LFO.
- The Audio Unit version now implements Apple’s newer Audio Component API, allowing usage in modern (post-OS X 10.6) hosts that do not support the older Component Manager API.
- Updated Silent Way Soundplane’s OSC support for the new t3d format in the Soundplane Client v1.0 and above.
Silent Way for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $59 (USD, plus VAT if applicable).