GForce Software has announced the release of the Mac version of impOSCar 2, the successor to the impOSCar software synthesizer, a component emulation of the rare and classic OSCar synthesizer.
Some say we’ve behaved like over-protective parents, refusing to let our corpulent teenager out for fear of it bullying the other kids on the block. That may indeed be true but we’re finally pleased to announce that the Mac version of impOSCar2 is being given its independence.
impOSCar 2 key features
- Successor to the multi-award winning impOSCar.
- Two Oscillators & 13 Waveforms.
- New Mono Unison and Poly Unison Modes.
- New Aux Mod Section with comprehensive routing.
- Programmable Additive Wave Matrix Grid.
- Nine Filter Types with Drive, Cutoff, Q and Separation.
- New Chord Memory and single note retrigger.
- 6 Portamento modes with new Unison glide voice spread.
- New Unison Voice Pan.
- New Note Pan Modes.
- Programmable Velocity Responses and New Aftertouch.
- Improved Arpeggiator.
- New Instrument and Effects Versions.
- Small, Regular or Large Interface Sizes.
- New Ring Modulator.
- New Chorus Modes.
- 1000+ Patch library featuring sounds created by original OSCar users inc Billy Currie (Ultravox) Darren Price & Rick Smith (Underworld) & Paul Wiffen (the original OSCar sound designer and programmer for Stevie Wonder & Jean Michel Jarre).
impOSCar 2 is currently available to purchase for Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone) for €139 EUR excl. VAT. A Windows version will follow soon.