Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
GTG Synths releases GTG DS 7 and GTG MicroOrgan MK III
GTG Synths has released GTG DS 7 and GTG MicroOrgan MK III, two freeware VSTi plugins.
GTG DS 7 is a drumsynth, alternative to FreeDrum. This one has a much improved sound, more punch and depht. Multiple outputs and test button for each sound.
- PLAY buttons to audition drum sounds. (In some hosts activating PLAY buttons whilst recording will record event data, not note data)
- Multiple outputs: If your host supports multiple outputs, the OUT buttons (click and drag) should be used to assign a mixer output track for one or more drum sound (six outputs total)
- Auto mute: Closed hi-hat mutes open hi-hat if the open hi-hat key is released before hitting the closed hi-hat key (this is not the case with overlapping notes)
- MIDI Implementation chart included
In hosts like FL Studio, you will have to assign the drum synth to mixer output track 1 from the instrument channel settings. This will enable a routing to the succeeding mixer tracks 1-6 instead of the default setting that routes to the Master track.
GTG MicroOrgan MK III is an updated version of MK II version, with:
- Added percussion decay
- Added A/B switch
- Improved key click with key-off function
- Vibrato in 3 drawbar regions
You can download both freeware plugins from GTG Synths.