Handmade Sounds releases Bouzouki 8-string Acoustic
Handmade Sounds has released Bouzouki 8-string Acoustic, a Greek bouzouki sample library for Kontakt which captures the unique sound of the bouzouki and simulates a realistic playing technique.
The library is comprised of 1500+ 24-bit samples and a single Kontakt instrument patch. Note on and release samples were recorded chromatically–that is, every fret of every course, sampled at soft, medium and hard velocities, down and up strokes, hammer-on, pull-off, slide and tremolo articulations. There are also multiple takes for customary major, minor and diminished chords and multiple noise samples including body resonance, fret and pick noises.
Extensive scripting has gone into the patch. This script simulates real playing by processing the velocity, speed and legato of the played notes and applying a number of rules that affect the final sound, e.g. appropriately positioning the notes on the correct fret and course, muting strings where needed, micro-tuning and fading sample attacks, and more. Additionally there are 12 keyswitches that allow full manual control of course/fret positioning and articulation.
Demonstration of the Bouzouki 8-string Acoustic for Kontakt by Handmade Sounds
Bouzouki 8-string Acoustic features
- 1547 24-bit/44.1-kHz, full-length samples (no loops other than tremolo articulation).
- Chromatically sampled; all 27 fret positions, all 4 courses.
- Soft, medium, hard velocity levels for each note.
- Alternating down/up strokes for each velocity level.
- Sustained, Hammer-On, Pull-Off, Tremolo and Slide articulations, all chromatically sampled.
- 1, 2 and 3 semitone Hammer-On and Pull-Off samples per note.
- Sampled major, minor and diminished chords, with all customary inversions.
- Realistic playing noises layered at adjustable levels.
- Automatic or manual control of course/fret positioning, articulation and up/down stroke.
- Adjustable thresholds for fast/slow auto-positioning, fast/slow picking, forced down-stroke.
- Mono/Poly voice modes, for solo or polyphonic playing (4-voice max, one per course).
- Real-time fretboard display of the note position/articulation for precise control.
- Pitch-bend wheel triggered slides.
- Velocity controlled slide duration.
- Basic effects suite (EQ, Compressor, Reverb, Limiter) in user interface.
Bouzouki 8-string Acoustic for Kontakt v4.1.1 or higher (full retail version is required) is available to purchase as a download for 49 EUR.
More information: Handmade Sounds