Humanoid Sound Systems releases Scanned Synth Pro
New features in Scanned Synth Pro
- The Psycho! Button: antisocial behaviour in a button
- A Polyphonic Filter with cutoff frequency modulation and pitch-tracking allowing the sound to be shaped naturally and untuitively as well as expanding the range of possible sounds even further
- An Echo effect
- Improved sound quality including making the distortion even more gorgeous
- Improved efficiency allowing you to run more synths and effects simultaneously
- A huge library of professionally designed factory preset sounds
- Randomisation profiles: presets that contain ideal settings (initial parameter values and randomisation amounts) to produce particular types of sound through randomisation, this enabling you to quickly generate a unique new bass or a dazzling special effect with just a few mouse clicks
Scanned Synth Pro for Windows is currently sold at an introductory price of 75 Euros (99 USD) until the beginning of July (after which it will cost 90 Euros). A Mac version of Scanned Synth Pro is planned.
A demo with the following limitations is available:
- The synth outputs five seconds of silence every twenty seconds
- The synth becomes silent after twenty minutes of use
- Programs cannot be saved
- Only a small selection of the preset sounds are available
Another synth featuring the same synthesis engine as the one used by Scanned Synth Pro is Scanned Synth Mini (freeware), which is due for release in July 2007. It only allows new sounds to be programmed through randomisation (no direct access to the parameters themselves).
Don’t know what pizza to order?