iZotope has announced the release of Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced.
Ozone 5 is an update to iZotope’s critically acclaimed software mastering suite. Ozone 5 Advanced is a professional mastering suite that expands Ozone’s feature set with individual component plug-ins, extended features, and the brand-new Ozone Meter Bridge.
“Whether you’re a musician, engineer, or mastering pro, Ozone 5 lets you master music and other audio simply and efficiently,” says Nick Dika, iZotope Senior Product Manager. “Ozone 5 is the biggest update we’ve ever offered, with improvements that will appeal to Ozone experts and new users alike. Ozone 5 Advanced is designed to set a new industry standard for mastering tools. Advanced includes many exclusive features, and offers mixing and mastering engineers an even higher level of flexibility, precision and control.”
New in Ozone 5
- Pristine Sound and Enhanced DSP – Each module has been updated with refined signal processing algorithms to bring you a new level of mastering quality. The most complete mastering suite available has never sounded better.
- Optimized Workflow and Updated Interface – iZotope has redesigned Ozone’s user interface to allow for finer control while placing important features right at your fingertips. New users can jump in without a steep learning curve while experienced Ozone fans will feel right at home.
- Visual Feedback – Every module features updated metering to help guide you to the perfect-sounding master.
Ozone 5 Advanced builds on iZotope’s reputation for superior sound quality and industry-standard audio mastering tools.
Each module in Ozone 5 Advanced is equipped with extended features made specifically for mixing and mastering professionals. For added flexibility, Ozone 5 Advanced allows customers to use each of the mastering modules as individual plug-ins. Combining essential visualization from Ozone’s modules with new metering tools, the all-new Meter Bridge provides a suite of audio analysis tools that help you visualize changes made during the mastering process, troubleshoot problematic mixes, and compare reference tracks.
Ozone 5 Advanced Includes:
- Extended Features – Ozone 5 Advanced provides deeper control within every module in Ozone. Advanced exclusives include a variable-phase EQ, Loudness Maximizer modes with Transient Recovery and Stereo Link controls, mono-compatible stereo synthesis features and much more.
- Meter Bridge – The powerful Meter Bridge introduces a high resolution real-time 3D spectrogram with unique mix analysis features, BS.1770-2 compatible stereo loudness metering, resizable spectrum analyzer, and a vectorscope with stereo balance and correlation meters.
- Meter Taps – For mixing and stem mastering, multiple audio streams can be superimposed on a 2D or 3D plot using Ozone 5 Advanced’s Meter Tap plug-ins. Meter Taps enable unprecedented visualization of how a mix’s elements fit together.
- Component Plug-ins – Use Ozone 5 Advanced’s mastering modules as an integrated mastering system or as individual plug-ins. Move module presets between Ozone 5 Advanced and its components freely.
Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced will be available for a suggested retail price of $249 / 195 EUR and $999 / 799 EUR respectively. Current Ozone customers may upgrade for $149 USD to Ozone 5 or $499 USD to Ozone 5 Advanced. Ozone 4 customers who purchased after October 1, 2011 will receive a free upgrade to Ozone 5 Standard upon release.
More information: iZotope