kiloHearts has announced the release of Multipass, a modular multiband effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Multipass is a multiband effect plugin with many uses. At the heart of the plugin is a band splitter which splits the audio into several different frequency bands which can be processed independently. Multipass delegates the actual processing of the bands to other single-purpose effect plugins known as snapins. Snapins come in many different flavors, and implements many classic effects like distortion or chorus as well as more unusual ones like formant filtering and frequency shifting.
In addition to being loaded into Multipass, snapins can also be loaded as plugins directly in your DAW. Multipass is bundled with a few different snapins, and more can be bought from the Kilohearts website.
- 5 configurable frequency bands.
- 2 LFO modulation sources with multiple shapes.
- 2 Envelope modulation sources, working either as amplitude followers or ADSR envelopes.
- LFOs and Envelopes can be retriggered both by MIDI note or audio input.
- MIDI modulation by note, velocity, pitchwheel, modwheel, pressure and up to 3 custom controllers.
- Sidechaining (on select snapins), both against external sources and internally between bands.
Multipass (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 89 EUR (includes 5 snapins). The Producer Pack adds another 5 snapins at 149 EUR, and the full set of 17 snapins is included in the Modular Madness bundle, priced at 179 EUR until Black Friday.