Loomer updates String virtual string synthesizer to v1.3.0
Loomer has released version 1.3.0 of String, a virtual ensemble string synthesizer instrument for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux.
String’s authentic tone comes from its accurate emulation of the divide-down oscillator technology behind the lush ensemble synths of the 70s.
Changes in String v1.3.0
- Native 64-bit VST plug-in for Mac OS X (64-bit VST support requires Mac OS X 10.6 or greater; 64-bit Audio Unit requires Mac OS X 10.5 or greater; all other formats require Mac OS X 10.4 or greater.)
- Integrated undo and redo, with unlimited history size.
- Preset Browser is now maximized to fill the entire plug-in window.
- Windows RTAS plug-in is now installed to the correct location on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- MIDI Program Changes are now multi-threaded, and so will no longer potentially stall the audio synthesis.
- Fix for crash (on both Windows and Linux) that could occur when ‘space’ is pressed when confirming the overwrite preset dialog.
- VU meters now automatically reset their overload status after a few seconds.
- For Windows VST (32-bit and 64-bit), the preferences file can be placed alongside the DLL file to facilitate USB or portable installs.
- Clearer font in PDF documentation.
- Fix for rare issue that stopped presets from loading in Linux Renoise when LADSPA plug-in support is enabled.
- Factory presets now load significantly faster.
- Various host compatibility fixes.
String is available to purchase for £50 GBP excl. VAT.