MOTU has announced the MicroBook II, an updated version of the compact, studio-grade audio interface that turns a Mac or PC into a personal 4 x 6 recording studio with professional I/O and monitor mixing.
“For discriminating users who insist on the very best audio quality, MicroBook II delivers unmatched performance for compact, personal recording,” said MOTU Marketing Director Jim Cooper. “Plug in a mic, guitar, keyboard, and powered speakers, then enjoy sound quality that rivals other audio interfaces in the six to eight hundred dollar range.”
The MicroBook II comes in a compact, rugged cast metal case suitable for on-the-go recording, personal studio tracking, laptop-based DJ-ing, and many other recording and playback activities. At only 5.5 x 3.5 x 1.25 inches, the bus-powered MicroBook II has all the great features of the original model, plus hands-on volume control, USB 2.0 connectivity for low-latency performance, more simultaneous outputs (six), an XLR mic input, and support for 96 kHz recording and playback.
- 4-input, 6-output bus-powered “plug-and-play” USB 2.0 audio interface for Mac and Windows.
- 6 x 8 physical input/output channels.
- 8-bus digital mixer to route and mix live inputs with computer tracks.
- Pre-amp equipped mic input with Precision Digital Trim™ 48V phantom power, and 20 dB pad.
- Hi-Z guitar input with Precision Digital Trim.
- Stereo line level analog input (balanced TRS quarter-inch or stereo mini).
- Stereo balanced TRS quarter-inch line level main outs.
- Stereo eighth-inch “mini” line level out.
- S/PDIF digital out (duplicates main out).
- Headphones output on quarter-inch stereo jack with independent volume control.
- Digitally controlled analog trim for all analog inputs.
- Digital trim for all outputs.
- Output volume digital rotary encoder. Push to cycle among three modes: main out, phones, or both.
- Mic input digital rotary encoder for adjusting trim level, 48V and pad.
- Dedicated 3- or 4-segment LED meters for all inputs and outputs.
- CueMix™ FX no-latency mixing and monitoring with EQ and dynamics processing.
- 7-band parametric EQ and compression.
- Test tone and white/pink noise generator.
- Support for recording and playback at 2x sample rates (88.2 and 96 kHz).
- Advanced audio analysis software tools, including FFT display, spectrogram “waterfall” display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and phase torch.
- Industry standard Mac and Windows audio drivers (Core Audio, Wave, and ASIO) for across-the-board compatibility.
- Compatible with all current and recent generation Macs and PCs.
- Includes AudioDesk DAW software, USB cable, and mic cable adapter.
The MicroBook will ship in the spring of 2012. The MicroBook II will replace the original model at the same price of $269 USD.
More information: MOTU