Native Instruments has announced detailed information on the upcoming version 1.6 of Maschine, the groove production studio for PC and Mac.
Changes in Maschine v1.6
- Plugin hosting for VST/AU instruments and effects.
- Increased number of effect slots (3 per Sound, 4 per Group, 4 on Master).
- New “Pad Link” function with 8 pad groups and Master/Slave option.
- Individual swing setting per sound.
- Clip naming.
- Sample renaming.
- Improved scene duplication.
- External audio input/output increased to 16 stereo channels.
- Improved Drag&Drop mapping for samples.
- Improved Drag&Drop from OS for Maschine files and audio files.
- Drag&Drop rearrangement of scenes and patterns.
- Snap-to-grid when moving events via mouse.
- VST plugin operation under Mac OS X 64bit.
- Rex import under Mac OS X 64bit.
Maschine 1.6 is currently available as a public beta for registered Maschine users.