Nine Volt Audio releases TAIKO
Nine Volt Audio has released TAIKO, a multi-sampled library of Japanese drums capable of an extensive range of sounds and impacts.
By combining theatre recordings with deep programming, a vast selection of patches and MIDI files, TAIKO offers composers a unique and easy-to-use set of tools for creating compelling drum performances.
- Recorded in a concert hall, capturing nagado-daiko drums with natural reverb from multiple microphone perspectives including close, stage, hall, and balcony. Stage, hall and balcony positions include left and right microphone perspectives for complete stereo images.
- Recordings include left and right hand head hits, rim clicks, stick clicks, stomps, yells, shouts, growls and more.
- Consists of over 4,800 recorded hits and 2.3 GB of content in 24 bit, 44.1kHz resolution. Users have access to all raw .wav files.
- Contains nearly 250 patches with a palette of sounds ranging from minimal stick clicks to ensemble created sonic booms.
- Includes over 75 MIDI performances, many with up to 16 parts, spread across 12 themes. Four of these themes are also featured in Action Drums: Taiko Edition. A matching Kontakt multi patch is included for each theme, pre-mixed for instant out-of-the-box composing.
- In addition to having patches with dozens of velocity layers (90+ in some instances), TAIKO features advanced scripting that works behind-the-scenes to assist in the creation of realistic performances by affecting volume, tuning, randomness and ensemble tightness.
- Includes a broad range of “ensemble constructor” patches. These present the most natural form of the recorded taiko into easy to use patches. Each taiko is broken down into elements by microphone position and articulation for maximum control of the mix.
TAIKO for Kontakt (v2.2.4.001 or higher) is available now for $149.99 USD.
Visit Nine Volt Audio for more information and audio and video demos.