Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Peavey announces ReValver Mk III
Peavey has announced the ReValver Mk III, a revolutionary 64-bit amplifier modeling software that captures the true characteristics of vacuum tubes while allowing users unprecedented control over their tonality and gain structures.
Hartley Peavy, Founder and CEO of Peavey Electronics (which acquired Alien Connections and ReValver in 2007) said:
ReValver brings a unique approach to modeling software because it essentially lets players design their own amplifiers.
ReValver Mk III features
- 15 amp models, including Peavey 6505®, JSX®, Classic®, ValveKing® and Triple XXX®.
- Modules in amp head, preamp and power amp formats.
- Two operation modes, with 64-bit and oversampling in HQ mode for hi-fi fanatics.
- FFT based convolution reverb, including sampled spring reverb.
- More than 150 speaker samples using real-time convolution and membrane modeling.
- Algorithm improvements from Mk II to enhance realism, especially in the tube and transformer simulation.
- Standard Tuner and Simul-Tuner with six independent tuners for tuning to presets.
ReValver Mk III will be available in Q1 2008 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), with a US MSRP of $299.99 USD.
Visit Peavey for more information.