Primal Audio has announced the release of PMS-20, a new Korg MS-20 filter emulation for Propellerhead Reason.
PMS-20 is an analog-modelled dual high-pass/low-pass filter. Simulating the characteristic Korg-35 filters from the iconic Korg MS-20 mono synth, PMS-20 brings the aggressive, screaming sound of the original unit to the Reason Rack.
In order to faithfully recreate the character of the real filters we use techniques comparable to those applied in industrial circuit simulators. A topology-preserving, zero-delay feedback loop combined with 4-X oversampling ensures that the sheer authenticity of the analogue sound is preserved when driving PMS-20 into saturation, as well as into self-oscillation. PMS-20 has many uses; from crunching up beats, adding some bite to samples, or giving vocals an edge to hoovering sweeps, making synth leads growl, or demolishing whole tracks.
- 6dB/oct self-oscillating high-pass filter.
- 12dB/oct self-oscillating low-pass filter.
- Topology-preserving, zero-delay feedback loop with 4-X oversampling.
- Rage switch for pushing the filter over the edge.
- CV inputs for filter cutoff modulation of both filters.
- Wet/dry knob for parallel processing.
PMS-2 for Reason is available for purchase for 19 EUR.