Psychic Modulation releases Dubtron, experimental bass synthesizer plugin
Psychic Modulation has announced the release of Dubtron, a bass synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
Dubtron is an Experimental Bass Synth designed for dubstep wobble bass, and more obscure bass sounds. Dubtron’s two oscillator sections utilize a special Unison detune feature where each voice has it’s own width control as well as drifting for a slow phasing effect. The filter’s each have a ‘Wub’ generator, which is the main feature responsible for that wobble effect. Layer in a sub oscillator and you’ve got a serious bass machine.
These features along with various randomizers and FM capabilities give an experimental edge to your basslines, allowing for Dubtron to be used not only for bass, but also for unexpected, even atmospheric sounds.
- 2 Unison Pulse Oscillators with multiple wave shapes.
- 1 Sub Oscillator with FM capabilities.
- 2 Filters with Graphical Envelopes.
- Wub section for each filter, produces the classic dubstep wobble.
- Randomizer for wub rate, filter cutoff and Sub FM.
- FX section ranging from flanger to bathtub style delay.
- Wub speed is set to key range and can be reversed.
- Wub can be retriggered by each bar to ensure beat matching.
Dubtron for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $24 USD. A demo version is available with the limitation of occasion sound dropouts.
EastWest updates PLAY software to v2.1.1, includes Symphonic Choirs “WordBuilder Inside PLAY” upgrade