Realsamples French Harpsichord – Edition Beurmann, harpsichord sample library
Realsamples has released French Harpsichord – Edition Beurmann, a sample library featuring a double-manual instrument by renowned French builder Nicolas Pigalle.
The instrument – built in Dijon in 1771 – features an “enchanting sound with singing clarity and a substantial bass”, as Professor Beurmann explains. These qualities – along with its huge tone which also manages to bring out its delicate, sophisticated finesse and detail – make it is an excellent representation of the French style. “It is one of only two surviving harpsichords from Dijon, a city once so rich in musical tradition, the other also being by Pigalle.”, he continues.
Based on its two manuals and different registers, the Pigalle harpsichord offers lots of unqiue sounds, sampled with 5 different register combinations, including the upper 8′, lower 8′ (principal 8′), the 4′, both 8′ as well as the “tutti” combination of both 8′ registers and the 4′ recorded together.
French Harpsichord – Edition Beurmann features
- More than 3400 single samples, recorded in 192 khz/24 bits resolution and downsampled.
- 5 different register combinations sampled: Lower 8′, Upper 8′, 4′, Tutti and 2 x 8′.
- 8 different samples of each note per register combination (4′ register: 4 different samples per note).
- 4 different release sounds of each note per register combination.
- Ready to play HAlion®/Kontakt2®/EXS24® or GigaStudio3® presets.
- Wave format (except GigaStudio® version).
- No mastering applied.
- DVD or CD set.
- License-free applicable in your music.
French Harpsichord – Edition Beurmann is available to purchase for $159.95 USD excl. VAT and postage.
More information: Realsamples