RME has introduced the Fireface 802, a new USB 2.0 and FireWire 400 audio interface at the Musikmesse 2014.
60 channels of audio, high-end microphone preamps, reference class converters, a complete effects section and operation at up to 192 kHz are the base for many more features:
Ultra-low latency operation with USB or FireWire, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance. Active jitter suppression, individually switchable reference levels for all inputs and outputs, full stand-alone functionality, RME’s unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox, and identical operation on Windows PC and Mac.
New in Fireface 802
- New look with improved usability.
- Dedicated Control Room section for the main output (e. g. studio monitors) and other monitoring outputs (e. g. phones). All existing stereo output channels can be freely assigned as source for the control room section channels.
- Four definable groups for Solo, Mute and Faders.
- Switchable Mono and Stereo channel view.
- Channel Options: Stereo Width, MS Processing, Phase L/R.
- Trim mode: Adjusts the volume for all routed signals of a channel simultaneously, equalling a hardware’s trim functionality as well as a Post-FX Send function.
- Unlimited Undo and Redo.
- FX Sends and Returns: One send bus for every input/playback channel with Reverb/Echo.
- Expandable channel view for channel settings, EQ and Dynamics.
- Slim channel mode for selected or all channels, to save space or give a meter bridge view.
- 2 Row Mode: reduces the height of the mixer to two rows for smaller displays.
- Reworked Matrix with mono/stereo mode, Undo/Redo, display of phase and mute.