Rob Papen introduces Blade additive synth plugin
Rob Papen has introduced the Blade virtual synthesizer instrument at the NAMM show.
At the heart of BLADE, ready to twist and transform your musical mind, lies the Harmolator. An additive synthesis system, which rather than using the system of changing additive partials, uses global controls which capture the essence of additive synth in an intuitive way making the creation of sounds much easier than using other additive synths. The nine Harmolator controls allow you to create a vast range of sounds so you get all the amazing sounds that additive synthesis can generate with the added simplicity of traditional subtractive synthesis.
The Harmolator allows oscillator spreading, fattening the sound and also square / sine wave sub-oscillator. What´s more, the sound can be modified further by the 21 per-voice distortions types and 14 filter types.
Musicianews posted a video with Rob himself demonstrating Blade at NAMM.
- 16 voices, operating in poly, mono 1/2, legato 1/2 and arp modes.
- Harmolator Oscillator with 9 controls + sub-oscillator.
- 21 Distortion Units operating per voice.
- 14 Filter Types including 6/12/18/24 low/high pass, 12/24 band pass / notch, vocal & comb filter.
- XY Pad which can operating either directly or with recorded paths, in poly or mono modes.
- Dedicated Harmolator envelopes, LFOs, velocity controls and modulation controls.
- 2 Free Envelopes, 2 Free LFOs and 4 modulation sources. All of Blade´s controls can be used as modulation destinations, and there are a full range of modulation sources including midi controls and internal controls.
- 2 FX units with 27 effects, including distortion, reverb and tape delay plus many more.
- 16 Step Arpeggiator with each step having it´s own control which can also be used as a sequencer for modulation purposes..
- Easy Page allows control of the main parameters in a flexible and easy way.
- Manager screen allows you to easily find and organize presets and banks.
- Full midi control over all parameters.
Blade will be available for Windows and Mac (32/64 bit VST/AU, RTAS) for the introductory price of $119 USD for the first month (regular $139 USD). Release date to be announced.
More information: Rob Papen