Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Roger Nichols Digital releases Spl-izer
Roger Nichols Digital has released Spl-izer, an adjustable 3 band 24db per octave FIR (Finite Impulse Response) frequency splitter that allows the three bands to be isolated and routed to aux or instrument tracks for separate processing.
The use of FIR filters ensures that no phase shifting occurs at the frequency split points. With this tool, one can use for example ones favorite single band compressor and make it 3 band.
- Spl-izer features user adjustable frequency split point and audio levels.
- The low to mid split point can be set from 80Hz to 1475 Hz.
- The mid to high split point from 80Hz to 16kHz.
- The user can choose between using Hanning or Blackman windows.
- The various level meters feature RNDigital’s proprietary +8db input meter with peak and RMS level indicators.
- The direct output of the plug-in can be switched between Mute, Sum, Low Band, Mid Band and High Band for instant monitoring.
- The three bands created by the the splitter each have their own level meter and adjustable gain.
- The plug-in makes these signals available to your DAW as individual busses.
Spl-izer is available for Windows PC (VST/RTAS) and Mac OSX (AU/VST/RTAS) and has a MSRP of $129.00 USD.