Roland announces VP-7 Vocal Processor
Roland has announced the VP-7, a vocal processor.
For keyboardists who want lush vocal backing tracks without singing into a microphone, the compact VP-7 includes four rich and expressive human voice sounds — Female Choir, Boys Choir, Gregorian Choirs and Jazz Scat — just by playing the keyboard.
Utilizing Vocal Designer technology derived from Roland’s Vocal & Ensemble keyboards, the VP-7 has three Vocal Designer algorithms that can automatically generate multi-voice backing harmonies that sing the same lyrics as a performer sings into the included DR-HS5 headset microphone. Keyboardists that sing lead vocals can blend the VP-7’s sounds with their own voice to create impressive backing. Or, when harmonizing with a lead vocalist, the VP-7’s sound can be blended with the live vocal harmony or used with 100% processing. The Vocoder button also lets you instantly switch to a vintage vocoder.
- Generate vocal harmonies instantly — no vocal skills required.
- Dedicated buttons for instant access to the preset sounds.
- Four expressive Human Voice sounds, three Vocal Designer choirs, plus vintage vocoder, echo, and reverb.
- Dedicated knobs for volume, mic level, harmony mix, and Ambience level.
- Bundled with DR-HS5 microphone (designed for Roland’s Vocal Designer products).
The VP-7 is scheduled to ship in May, 2010.