Sir Elliot has released Altered Dynamics Series II, a free compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
Altered Dynamics Series II is capable of delivering a lot of artefacts that was popular with compressors decades ago. It is more suited for the creative musician however, can be used for mastering purposes as well.
Altered Dynamics Series II features
- Attack: 0.001 Milliseconds to 550 Milliseconds
- Release: 30 Milliseconds to 6 Seconds
- Ratio: 0.5:1 to 40.0:1
- Threshold: -0.01 to -64 dB
- Dual Tri-colour LED Reduction Meters
- Adjustable Wet/Dry Contour
- Input Level
- Loudness Contour
- Power Switch
- Three-Band Para graphic Equaliser offering a tuneable range from 28 – 16,000 kHz
- Enable/Bypass Switch
- Pre/Post Select
- Output stage
- Dual LED Output Meters ranging from –16 dB to Clip
- Maximum Output: –0.01 dB (Compressor Engaged)
- Maximum Output: User Defined (Compressor Disengaged)
- Power consumption
- Power consumption is based on a Pentium 4, single-core 2.8 GHZ CPU operating on a Windows XP Non-Service Pack Platform using a wav file as reference.
- 44100 kHz: 5.7 %
- 88200 kHz: 13 %
- 96000 kHz: 15 %
Altered Dynamics Series II for Windows (VST) is available as a free download.