SKnote has released Grasso, a complete saturation and dynamics unit for Windows and Mac.
It is NOT a compressor, no thresholds. It is NOT an envelope shaper, no triggering.
It includes some special features like level-independent dynamics, tube-saturation stage, dynamic and level-independent pre-drive filtering, spank control and a modeled power-supply.
It is very useful to add color and dynamic control to mixes and single tracks, from subtle to extreme.
- Level-independent dynamics.
- Level-independent dynamic filtering (on attack and decay).
- Detailed control on tube circuits with several options.
- “Spank” feature (post-drive dynamic response).
- Modeled “weak” power supply (more harmonics or “sagging”).
- Special post drive expander for great dynamics.
Grasso for Windows and Mac VST/AU, RTAS/AAX coming) is available to purchase for $29.99 USD.