Sonic Charge has announced that its Bitspeek real-time pitch-excited linear prediction codec effect is now available for Reason.
Rack Extensions for Reason was released today and we are proud to be able to offer Bitspeek in their store from day 1. The Rack Extension format has been in the making for a long time and has taken many sharp turns. From the very conception of Record, it has always been the intention to add plug-in support and as a consultant I’ve been involved in at least three entirely different solutions (and yes, one of them was to simply add VST and AU support). It has taken its time, but the final technology is amazingly well-designed and I have high hopes for the future of this format.
Compared to the AU/VST version, Bitspeek RE adds the following features:
- Stereo analysis and resynthesis. The stereo image (pan and width) of the incoming audio is analyzed and resynthesized.
- Improved volume tracking algorithm with much better transient response and consistency across source material and sample-rates.
- External audio input allows you to use the formant filter on any material.
- Lots of CV ins and outs for integrating into your rack and scoring high on geekness factor.
- Comes with a selection of Combinators that demonstrates the possibilities with the extra inputs and outputs.
Bitspeek RE is available to purchase from the Rack Extension store for $49 USD / 39 EUR (incl. VAT).