Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
SONiVOX MI announces Anatomy for Kontakt and Samurai Hip-Hop sample libraries
SONiVOX MI has announced Anatomy, a sample library for Kontakt featuring human body sounds, and Samurai Hip-Hop, a set of DJ and producer audio loops designed to empower users with new, thick & juicy beats, and sonic textures for their musical productions.
Anatomy is SONiVOX’s re-imagination of the human form as an infinite template of sound, offering up hundreds of unique and uniquely playable instruments that transform the human body into one expansive collection of physiological rhythm and melody. Anatomy breaks down the body for users to reassemble and re-purpose it as they wish; enabling them to build their own musical Frankenstein monster from its ample array of lips, lungs, head, hands and feet.
Making it easier for users to navigate through the mysteries of the body, all instruments included in Anatomy are separated into the following two categories.
- Man: Raw and organic samples straight from the source. Plenty of tweaked preset variations to make a good thing even better, and funkier.
- Machine: Lovingly effected and manipulated interpretations of the human condition as it might be perceived through the binary brain cells of a bloodless future race. Agitated androids. Slumbering cyborgs who dream of electric sheep. Cinemascapes of hallucinatory terror and funhouse anxiety. Transform. Transmogrify. Transmit.
Both categories feature the following instrument sub-categories:
- Beat Box Kits: The definitive collection of vocal beat box percussion. Over 50 unique kits with a massive tool box of additional kicks and snares for even more flexibility. Boston beat box guru Steve Foxx stepped up to the mic and laid down a staggering array of sound that the SONiVOX design team edited and programmed into intuitively playable patches that are sure to suit every type of music from rock and hip hop to acid jazz and electro funk. Even better, Anatomy’s kits are GM compliant making them easily droppable into existing sequences.
- Vocal Pads and Leads: Over 100 Vocal pads and leads, from the ethereal tones of Tibetan tuvan throat singing to humming, whistling and more.
- Body Percussion: Snaps, claps, foot stomps, and heartbeats. Imagine the heart as the rhythm section and ultimate timekeeper.
- Vocal FX: From the ordinary to the extraordinarily strange. Blips, burps, gurgles, growls, groans, and nostril snorts. Laughing, moaning, and simulated emotional breakdowns. Plenty to satisfy ones appetite for the bizarre and unusual.
- Choirs: A complement of male and female choirs and choral groups with a variety of articulations and programming variations. Ethereal voices and intimate utterings.
Anatomy will be shipping Q1 2008 with pricing yet to be announced.
SONiVOX also announced the latest release in its LoopLine series of products, Samurai Hip-Hop, a set of DJ and producer audio loops designed to empower users with new, thick & juicy beats, and sonic textures for their musical productions.
Offering MC-friendly beats that can be easily manipulated and mangled to break boundaries, Samurai Hip-Hop is an arsenal of ingredients from the many nuances of global hip-hop culture.
Many forces were combined to generate the material compiled for Samurai Hop-Hop, vintage analog instruments, butchered synthesis algorithms, funky noisy tools in the middle of the Swiss Alps, a 300 year old untunable piano, and smokey guitar sessions in London & Milan, all collected and compiled in the “finest underground studio of North London” by Memory9, the artist who outputs the kind of sound that you’ll hear if you know where to go for a proper after party in the English capital. Apparently!
Samurai Hip-Hop should be available early Q1 2008, with a MSRP of $69.95 USD.
Visit SONiVOX MI for more information.