Sound Magic releases Neo Loudness plugin
Sound Magic has announced Neo Loudness, a comprehensive tool designed to control loudness.
Neo Loudness not only includes traditional compressors and limiters, but it also features a new type of Maximizer.
For years, producers have wanted their music to be louder and louder. So the brickwall limiter became the main weapon for getting to that maximum volume. However, there is always a price to pay when pushing to the extreme. The music would tend to lose its “breath” and sound too “tight”. Sound Magic has spent years designing a solution for this issue and has developed a new algorithm that can make the sound as loud as a brickwall limiter (even achieving within -5dB Average RMS), without destroying the original natural sounds. Neo Loudness keeps the “breath” of the original music.
The Sound Magic Neo Loudness Algorithm is based on psychological acoustics, the science that shows how human ears are less sensitive to loudness when it reaches certain ranges. Neo Loudness uses this area to compress the audio signal. When using traditional limiters – and under heavy limiting – music will sound very tight and breathless. The main instruments will sound like they are being pushed way forward. With Neo Loudness, the overall result is a more natural sound while the imaging of the instruments is hardly changed.
Neo Loudness features
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- Comprehensive Loudness/Dynamic Processer features Compressors, Limiters and 2 innovative Maximizers.
- Included 3 compressors and 2 limiters.
- Meticulous envelope controls on 4 parameters (compared with others with only 2 or 3 controls) including Attack, Hold, Release and RMS length, give users the maximum control of the final sound.
- Innovative Neo Loudness technology results in a more natural and high quality sound during loudness processing.
- Powerful Add-on system makes it easier to add new compressors/limiters (Famous Maker) sounds in the future.
- Accurate Modeling by Sound Magic Award Winning Modeling Technology.
- Meticulous Metering system gives the users “the next step” in accurate monitoring.
- Different plug-in version to fit for usage on M/S, Sidechain, Mono and Surround.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo Loudness for Windows (VST/Supreme Piano 2 add-on) is available for 69 EUR. Existing Sound Magic customers pay 50 EUR.