Spectrasonics has revelaed the upcoming version 1.7 of Stylus RMX, the realtime groove machine for Windows and Mac.
Spectrasonics demonstrated Stylus RMX® version 1.7 featuring an innovative and completely new capability called ‘Time Designer™’ which intelligently transforms RMX audio loops into different time signatures and features the ability to “Groove Lock” the feel of any groove to another – all in real time. Time Designer also lets the user create instant pattern variations with smart algorithms based on musical rules, and to ‘simplify’ any RMX groove in a musical manner. Version 1.7 is also the first 64-bit native software release from Spectrasonics and includes useful workflow enhancements to RMX, such as Suite Editing and Host Transport Sync.
Stylus RMX v1.7 features
- TIME DESIGNER™:
- Worlds-first software to rearrange audio loops into different time signatures in real-time!
- Create instant Pattern Variations for any groove, with smart algorithms based on musical rules.
- Groove Lock™ any RMX groove to another RMX groove’s feel.
- Groove Lock™ to external MIDI files.
- ‘Simplify’ control alters the pattern complexity of any RMX loop.
- Strengthen or Loosen the feel of any groove.
- Browse core library in real-time with any time signature, feel or variation you need.
- Time Shift can rush, drag or offset the groove in milliseconds or rhythmic values.
- Grid Quantize and Swing controls.
- Factory Groove Lock templates library includes legendary Akai MPC, Latin, New Orleans feels.
- Make your own library of Groove Lock templates from any MIDI File or RMX Groove.
- Time Designer works with Third Party and User REX/RMX libraries too!
- Greatly expands any RMX user’s existing library, with unlimited useful variations.
- New Time Designer video tutorials show production techniques with the new features.
- 64-Bit native support on Windows (Mac 64-bit support to follow).
- Suite Editing for easy customization and ‘Favorites’ management.
- Sequencer Host Transport Lock: RMX follows sequencer transport controls.
- Song Position sync – RMX patterns follow song position of host.
The Stylus RMX v1.7 update will be free for all registered Stylus RMX users, available for download March 2nd, 2009.
Visit Spectrasonics for more information.