Steinberg introduces Cubasis multi-touch sequencer for iOS
Steinberg Media has announced the release of their latest iOS app, Cubasis, a multitouch sequencer streamlined for the iPad that offers discerning musicians a reliable, portable music production solution in the proven Steinberg quality.
“Cubasis for the iPad is what many of our customers have been waiting for, and all Cubase users will instantly feel at home with it,” commented Carlos Mendoza Rohde, product marketing manager at Steinberg. “And with unlimited audio and MIDI tracks, export to Cubase and lots of loops, sounds and effects, Cubasis is sure to meet the expectations put upon a sophisticated music production and recording software.”
Supporting iPad’s multitouch gestures, Cubasis opens to the familiar arrangement window with its track list and inspector known from Steinberg’s professional Cubase music production system. Cubasis offers export to Dropbox, AudioCopy and SoundCloud plus project compatibility to its desktop equivalent, Cubase, for Windows and OS X operating systems.
Cubasis features unlimited audio and MIDI tracks. Recorded tracks can be mixed with the integrated mixer, processed with more than ten audio effects the likes of compressor, equalizer and delay, and edited within the easy-to-use Sample Editor.
The included 70+ instrument sounds are based on Steinberg’s acclaimed HALion Sonic workstation, ensuring proven quality complemented by over 300 MIDI and audio loops. These can be triggered using the virtual keyboard and drum pads or by hooking up to Core MIDI compliant external keyboard. The Key Editor allows users to add and change MIDI notes efficiently.
Cubasis for iOS features
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used).
- Over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic.
- Mixer with over 10 effect processors (insert and send effects).
- Over 300 MIDI and audio loops.
- Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads.
- Sample Editor and Key Editor.
- Export to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email.
- Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported.
- Sequence other Core MIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio.
- Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis .
- Audio mixdown and MIDI export.
Cubasis is available to purchase for 44.99 EUR including German VAT.