Steinberg has released HALion 4.5, the latest update to Steinberg’s acclaimed VST sampler and sound creation system, now featuring advanced multi-core support, time-stretching and pitch-shifting functionality, a sample import browser and multi-oscillators.
The fourth incarnation of HALion 4 boasts a top sampling and mixing engine together with a virtual analog synthesizer plus countless other features in 32-bit and native 64-bit versions for Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7.
“At Steinberg, we put the customer first,” said Frank Simmerlein, Steinberg’s marketing director. “Showing the loyal HALion users our appreciation is paramount in this case. We’ve therefore added the functionality requested by our users to the overwhelming feature set in HALion 4 — and this within a very short time frame.”
New in HALion v4.5
- Multi-core support for unleashing the full potential of today’s multiprocessor systems.
- Audio Warp provides cutting-edge time-stretching and pitch-shifting functionality.
- New import browser for faster and more convenient access of VST Sound and sample libraries.
- Multi-oscillators for multiplying the density and fullness of synthesizer layers.
- Multi-editing of MIDI modules for simultaneous manipulation of several MIDI modules.
- Improved sound editor usability for more convenient navigation and sound design.
HALion 4 is available to purchase for 349 EUR including VAT. The update to HALion 4.5 is available free of charge from the Steinberg website.