Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Synapse Audio releases Orion v7.5
Synapse Audio has released version 7.5 of Orion, the virtual studio software for Windows PC.
This major update introduces a new audio engine with improved stability and support for multicore processors, as well as many workflow enhancements, a new VST 2.4 implementation for optimal 3rd party plugin support and better compatibility with Windows Vista.
New in Orion v7.5
- New engine with multiprocessor support and higher performance at low latencies, at any PPQ.
- Auto-Tracking EQs to create high quality mixes more easily.
- New effect: Platinum Limiter (modelled after 1176LN).
- New arpgeggiator with additional options.
- New VU Meters with peak-hold option.
- Last session can now be automatically restored (hold SHIFT on startup to bypass).
- Container Plugins (MultiFX, BandFX) can store presets now, containing other internal effects.
- Sustenuto and Soft Pedal support.
- Full VST2.4 compatibility and major VST host upgrade.
- Stream To File supports direct streaming into MP3 and OGG.
- Ready for Windows Vista (run as administrator).
- Lots of enhancements and bug fixes.
Orion 7.5 is available for Windows PC and costs $149 USD. Orion Pro users can upgrade for $49 USD, while Orion Platinum users (5/6) pay $29 USD.