Toontrack has announced the release of Metal Amps EZmix Pack, a new expansion library for the EZmix multi-effect mixing tool for Windows and Mac.
This collection comes with 50 guitar and bass tones based on IRs and modeling of some of the most well known high gain amps and speaker cabinets of the past decades. All presets were custom-made by renowned engineer Jocke Skog and designed to cater to a broad use spanning all the fragmented genres in classic and modern metal.
“After having spent 20 years looking for the perfect guitar tone and recorded IRs for as long as I can remember, I have a pretty good idea where to start, what to avoid and what to look for. I am confident that anyone into thrash, death, black, djent or any type of metal in between will find several tones that sound absolutely right.”
The pack focuses primarily on rhythm guitar and bass tones. Each setting comes with a set of user-adjustable parameters, allowing you to add more or less of its unique characteristics to tweak and customize the preset into your own custom sound.
The EZmix pack is available to purchase for $49 USD / 39 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Metal Amps EZmix Pack
Ignite Amps has launched NadIR, a convolver cabinet simulation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
NadIR is a zero latency, dual Impulse Response (IR) convolver, designed to be used as a cabinet simulator for guitar & bass (pre)amplifiers (VST/AU or even hardware).
It has been designed to perform pristine quality convolution in real time, while being light on the CPU and easy to use, providing advanced built-in filters and delay controls to let guitarists and bassists shape their tone with ease, without the need to be professional audio engineers.
NadIR is meant to be used as a cabinet simulator for live playing and jamming, tracking or mixing inside hosts capable of VST or AU Plug-Ins support.
- Zero Latency.
- Low CPU usage.
- Three routing modes: Mono, Dual Mono and Stereo.
- Selectable quality control for max IR length (up to 0.185 seconds).
- Automatic high-quality resampling for IRs with different sampling rates.
- High-quality analog shaped filters.
- Selectable delay for phase interactions between loaded IRs.
- Continuous morphing control between loaded IRs.
- Global input level and single IR level controls.
- Fully automatable controls.
NadIR for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Ignite Amps / NadIR
Nick Crow Lab has released version 1.3 of TubeDriver, a free amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TubeDriver is a Tube Amplifier Emulation for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST & AU). It’s free but donations are welcomed.
Changes in TubeDriver v1.3
- Overall Dry/Wet control added.
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) meter added.
The plug-in is a free download.
More information: Nick Crow Lab / TubeDriver
, effect plugins
, Studio Devil
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Nov 13, 2013
VST Buzz has launched a promotion on the Amp Modeler Pro effect plug-in by Studio Devil.
If you’re looking to record guitar, you NEED this plugin! “Basically, it’s everything you could possibly need to create a complete, professional-sounding guitar tone.” – Music Tech Magazine
Amp Modeler Pro is an incredible guitar amp modeling and audio effects plug-in by Studio Devil. It has 15 preamp models, 4 effects, impulse-based cabinet emulations, a 7-band graphic EQ, 1-band parametric EQ, compressor, gate, echo, reverb and wah-wah which covers every range of playing styles! Its exclusive modeling algorithm makes it one of the most realistic amp modelling plugins out there.
The Amp Modeler Pro plug-in is available to purchase at VST Buzz for $79 USD until November 18th, 2013 (regular $149 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Positive Grid has announced the launch of BIAS, the world’s most complete, accurate and versatile guitar amplifier modeler and designer for iPad.
Equipped with 36 stunning replications of rock ‘n’ roll history’s most sought-after vintage and modern amps, Positive Grid’s new iPad app lets musicians dive deep into the guts of their gear to tweak every possible aspect of their architecture.
“Ask any guitarist what’s most important in a guitar amp app, and you’ll get the same answer: great tone,” says BIAS Product Manager Calvin Abel. “We didn’t think we’d be pushing the boundary by merely adding more bells and whistles to an amp simulator, so we threw out convention and focused instead on how to create the most delicious tone in as many flavors as possible. The result is BIAS, which allows guitarists to change preamp tube types, edit preamp voicing, adjust bias, audition various transformer types, swap out loudspeakers and cabinets, move microphone placement and much, much more. Never before have guitarists had such a broad palette to create their own dream amps and distinctive signature sounds.”
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- Designed for iOS7.
The BIAS app is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS