ThaLoops has announced the release of Hip Hop Beats Vol. 1, a free collection of 11 professional beats.
With an experience of making chart-hitting beats and sounds (UK top 40/European Billboard Top 100) ThaLoops produced a catalog of free beats for all aspiring singers, rappers, dancers and other artists.
Beats are produced by sound developers whose work has been used in songs such as Rihanna’s – Fading, Black Eyed Peas – One Tribe and more.
The catalog of free beats is available at ThaLoops now.
More information: ThaLoops / Hip Hop Beats Vol. 1
iZotope has released version 1.01 of its BreakTweaker “future beat machine” for Windows and Mac.
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it’s a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody.
Give your beats an ever-evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic overtures. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today.
Changes in BreakTweaker v1.01
- Enhancement: Tab key now switches between Sequencer and Generator view.
- Enhancement: Preset Browser and Sample Browser have been increased in size for better user experience.
- Enhancement: Trackpad scrolling within the Preset Browser and Sample Browser is now faster.
- Enhancement: Modulation knob has been optimized for better CPU performance.
- Enhancement: Distortions have been optimized for better CPU performance.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with Sample & Hold mode in the LFO.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with AAX host timing.
- Fix: Addressed an issue where an LFO applied to a Wavetable or Pitch could cause a crash.
BreakTweaker is available to purchase for $249 USD.
More information: iZotope / BreakTweaker
The Drum Broker has announced a pre-order of the Kingsway Music Library Vol. 3, a collection of 15 original samples created by multi genre music producer and composer, Frank Dukes.
The Kingsway Music Library was created for the sample based producer, DJ, and beatmaker who wants original music to chop, flip, and arrange into headbanging beats without the hassle of digging through endless stacks of vinyl or worrying about sample clearance issues.
The Kingsway samples were recorded to 1 inch tape at 30 IPS, using an onslaught of rare vintage gear and instruments that the average beatmaker, producer, & DJ don’t have access to.
As a heavy collector of records and former sampling beat maker, Frank has an intimate knowledge of what makes a great sample and what makes a dope beat. These samples were created using extreme attention to detail specifically with the beatmaker and producer in mind.
The library is available to pre-order for $39.99 USD (release on March 1st, 2014). The pre-order comes with 3 additional bonus samples.
More information: Drum Broker / Kingsway Music Library Vol. 3
iZotope has introduced BreakTweaker, its new “Future Beat Machine” instrument for Windows and Mac.
Make beats you’ve never heard before. Built on a futuristic MicroEdit Engine, BreakTweaker turns everything you know about rhythm on its head.
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it’s a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody. Give your beats an ever-evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic overtures. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today. Explore a new era of rhythmic possibilities with this forward-thinking and forward-sounding instrument.
- Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market.
- Free yourself from traditional drum grids: Create complex polyrhythmic beats with unique isorhythm and playback speed settings.
- Experiment with stunning content: Explore presets, drum samples, and wavetables designed by today’s top musicians and DJs, including BT.
- Craft the perfect drum sound: Blend drum samples with robust synthesis features to generate compelling hybrid sounds.
- Take control of your beats: Easily trigger and sequence complex patterns and samples using any MIDI controller.
BreakTweaker for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD (regular $249 USD). BreakTweaker Expanded includes three diverse Expansions: Cinematic Textures, Vintage Machines, and Kicks & Snares by Beatport Sounds, and can be purchase for the intro price of $249 USD (regular $299 USD).
More information: iZotope / BreakTweaker
, instrument plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Dec 30, 2013 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced a limited time sale on Liquid Rhythm, offering a 50% discount on the beat generation software by WaveDNA for Windows and Mac.
Liquid Rhythm is an innovative beat generator that enables users to access the building blocks of ten quadrillion rhythmic patterns, import pre-existing MIDI tracks created using their DAW of choice, and mine Liquid Rhythm’s library of loops and kits to quickly create inspiring rhythm tracks.
Liquid Rhythm features
- Develop musical ideas by instantly inserting and swapping bar-long rhythm patterns.
- Create beats fast by painting groups of notes directly onto the arranger.
- Humanize the velocity and groove of multiple notes simultaneously based on their underlying color-patterns.
- Generate musically-informed rhythm patterns from a customizable palette.
- Create tom fills and multi-instrument percussion patterns.
- Integrate Liquid Rhythm into your workflow as VST, AU or RTAS plugin.
Liquid Rhythm is available to purchase from Plugin Boutique for $59.50 USD (regular $119 USD). The sale ends December 30th, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Liquid Rhythm
Loopmasters has launched SP12Hundred – Floppy Beats and Phat Samples, a Raw Cutz series bundle pack featuring vintage hip hop samples.
Rawpacks 16-18 is a cool collection of samples from SP12Hundred, an underground Hip Hop fanatic and master producer who learnt his trade in Brixton, UK after being inspired by Pete Rocks production techniques.
This pack contains his second three packs for Raw Cutz – “Astro Blakk”, “Prestige”, and “Raw Slice”.
Within this pack producers should expect to find 29 Hip Hop Breaks, 649 Inspirational Musical Samples, 78 Kick Drums, 44 Snare Drums, 32 Hi Hats, plus 30 Rex2 Samples.
Floppy Beats and Phat Samples features
- Astro Blakk is a bouncing pack of Hip Hop nonchalance, comprised of Skunk infused dubby sounds, reverse fx, dusty rhodes, heavy kicks, mystic pads, shimmering chords, blues soaked vocals, emotive hits and filtered keys. From sunrise to sunset this pack has a mood for every occassion and the sp1200 has been used and abused to create this unique collection.
- Prestige is a tight collection of pumping hip hop samples designed to create future classics and includes tough snares, slam dunked hits, brash beats, twisted fx, funky chords, rhodes notes, jazzy elements, guitar wahs, hard hitting horns, and heavy sax echoes. If you need more class for your beats, Prestige is here as your production partner.
- Raw Slice features cool jazz chords, inspired soul fx, dusty wax samples, guitar shrills, blunted beats, crisp snares, harsh chords, flutes, horns and buzzing notes. Programmed and recorded with the full sp1200 treatment, Raw Slice is a unique pack with all the right ingredients.
The sample pack costs £39.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Floppy Beats and Phat Samples
Toontrack has launched Metal Beats MIDI, a new pack featuring a collection of drum grooves and fills performed by renowned metal drummer Dirk Verbeuren of Soilwork.
After the three volumes in the Library of the Extreme series and a few thousand variations of the most outrageous metal drumming there is, Dirk winds down a tad. In this pack, he delivers a comprehensive collection of straight forward, modern metal drumming – all the way from ultra-slow doom and crushing mid tempo to galloping double-bass work. Essentially, everything you might need in between the blast beats, carpet rolls or skank beats you got from the Library of the Extreme suite.
This collection of drum beats and fills is the perfect match for any traditional or modern metal songwriter looking for world-class, sharp and inventive drumming straight from one of the world’s most well-rounded and dynamic e-drummers.
Metal Beats MIDI features
- MIDI drum beats and fills for traditional and modern metal.
- Performed by Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork).
- All material organized in straight or swing songs and broken down by leading instrument (closed hats, open hats, etc.).
- Each song has a dedicated section for fills.
- Tempos ranging from 56 BPM to 240 BPM.
The MIDI pack costs $29 USD / 25 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Metal Beats MIDI