bioLogic has released a free set of violin samples.
Recorded with a Rode NT3 small diaphragm condenser about 6″ from the strings, fed to a Really Nice Preamp and into my M-Audio 2496.
Violin Ricochet features
- 16 Samples, 6.3MB extracted.
- 32bit, 44.1KHz.
- 4 Strings: G, D, A, E stretched to fit.
- 5 Alternate Strikes: for round robin playability.
- 1 Velocity Layer: ricochet style (bow held several inches high, and dropped).
The sampleset includes HALion 3, sfz and wav and can downloaded here.
bioLogic has released a free set of Djembe samples.
I’ve been wanting to get back into sampling instruments, so I snuck my cousin’s djembe, brought it over, and cooked up this little beast in HALion format. I recorded and compiled it yesterday and today, and played it about 15 minutes once I tweaked it right. I’m loving the sound I managed to get out of it.
- 90 samples, 23.1 MB extracted.
- Three velocity layers with 5 alternate strikes per layer.
- Three articulations: bass, bass muted, slap (each with L and R samples).
- Recorded with SM57 right under the base, and a Rode NT3 about 6″ above the skin, all going through a Really Nice Preamp and into my M-Audio 2496.
You can download the Djembe samples here.