Future Loops has released Total Bossa Nova, a sample pack that brings you the best of Bossa Nova music in over 2 GB of original samples.
Total Bossa Nova was entirely recorded in Brazil, featuring performances from experienced Bossa Nova musicians that live and breathe the genre. The result is a very diverse sample pack where you can find: Upright & Electric Bass, Nylon & Electric Guitars, Percussion, Pianos, Rhodes, Saxophones, Flutes, Trumpets and even Male & Female Vocals in a total of 24 different Instruments.
Featuring over 1300 Loops, Total Bossa Nova was recorded in Tempos that range from 65 Bpm to 93 Bpm and multiple keys, to bring you a wide and complete taste of the Bossa Nova Sound.
Total Bossa Nova promises to be highly useful for someone looking for authentic Brazilian sounds but also for anyone who wants to add a tropical vitamin boost to any pop, dance, electronic or upbeat tune.
Total Bossa Nova is available to purchase for 44.97 EUR.
More information: Future Loops / Total Bossa Nova
, Christian Franck
, Da Lata
, Hip hop
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 17, 2010 - 0 comments
Loopmasters has announced the release of Da Lata – Afro Brazil Parade Vol 1, a fresh and exciting collection of royalty free Brazilian and Latin American infused organic sounds from the studio of Christian Franck.
Da Lata are an act which have constantly fused many live musicians, singers, percussionists and DJs together over the years and are considered one of the leaders of the Jazz/Afro/Samba/Live Funk crossover genres who have maintained a constant presence in the Dance/Fusion crossover scene for the last decade and who are seriously respected for the quality of their productions and live performances.
For Producers looking for a royalty free collection of sounds to make Deep, Tribal, Progressive or Soulful House – or Future Funkateers creating groove infused Hip Hop, Downtempo or Future Soul and Broken Beat – this is a unique collection which you will be dipping into for years!
Da Lata – Afro Brazil Parade Vol 1 features
- 400MB of sun drenched samples (16 bit) and rich grooves between 68 – 134 Bpm.
- Over 220 live played and programmed loops, and 60 single samples.
- 17 ready to play patches for all the main soft samplers including 14 instrument patches and 3 drum kits.
- Available as a main Zip or separately in Apple Loops, Reason Refill or Ableton Live formats.
Da Lata – Afro Brazil Parade Vol 1 is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Da Lata – Afro Brazil Parade Vol 1
, field recording
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 01, 2010 - 0 comments
Microhammer has released the February 2010 Release Bundle, a collection of 10 new instruments for Kontakt.
Microhammer is launching a series of new products around 15th of every month. All monthly releases will be followed by a bundle containing all the products at a highly favorable rate, so you can get it all. The bundle is only valid until our next release, so grab it while you can. We are proud to announce our second launch bundle, which consists of all the Microhammer February titles.
February 2010 Release Bundle includes
- Berimbau, a single-string percussion instrument, a musical bow, from Brazil.
- Spirit Flute, originally an instrument played by Native Americans. It has been used in countless New Age and World Music recordings and is known for its distinctive and at times – almost haunting sound.
- Train Flute, hand-carved by skilled craftsmen who adhere to the ways of a simpler time, only the finest and richest tone-producing secret blend of woods were used in this instrument.
- Slide Flute, the classic slide-whistle or slide-flute is a common staple of comedic and children’s music. The signature rise and fall is used both musically, as well as in old-school sound design and foley to signify objects rising or falling in space.
- Kokiriko, a traditional Japanese percussion instrument. The instrument sounds like a long set of domino pieces clashing together and has a distinct clicky/clacky type of sound.
- Smiley Drum, a 10-tongue major pentatonic variant of the classic propane drum concept, with a shallower, wider pan than most.
- Clay Drum, this giant clay vase was chosen specifically for it’s unique sound and tonal resonance. Producing a wide variety of sounds, this clay drum is a both a percussive and melodic instrument.
- Sand Drum, the unique surf-like sound is produced by a medium-sized enclosed drum about 1 1/4″ thick and filled with dozens of tiny silver metal beads.
- Road Trip Vol. 1, little tidbits, oddities, improvisations and random gems found at various pit stops on a desert trip.
- Windchimes, made from a selection of different wind chimes, however sampled in detail so the user can control the amount of chimeniness and use them as percussive instruments.
- Format(s): Kontakt 3, SFZ and .wav
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 3 / 4 full retail versions required.
- Note: Free Kontakt Player will only work for 30 minutes with this product. Full version required to remove this restriction.
The February 2010 Release Bundle is available to purchase for the introductory price of $109 USD until 15 March, 2010 (regular price $172 USD). Instruments are also available to purchase separately, starting at $9 USD.
More information: Microhammer / February 2010 Release Bundle
Joe Real (José Maria Côrte-Real) has released Axé, a freeware rompler VST instrument for Windows PC.
From Brazil, a small Coconut with metal bars, like the African Kalimba that Earth Wind & Fire made popular in the ’70s and the ’80s. With this Rompler you have more possibilities, the low notes sound like melodic drums, de medium and high sounds like the Axé. It can be very usefull for african music.
Joe Real Axé is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC. You can download it here (RapidShare).
Visit Joe Real for more information.
Beta Monkey Music has released Drum Werks XIV: The Brazilian Kitchen, a sample collection featuring a wide variety of Brazilian drum styles.
Drum Werks XIV: The Brazilian Kitchen offers a wide variety of Brazilian drum styles in tempos ranging from 50-150 BPM. With nine (9) complete Groove Sets™, Drum Werks XIV will be your go-to disc for the classic Bossa and Samba grooves of Rio de Janeiro, to the fresh sounds of Xote, Baiao, Maracatu and more from the Northeast. The disc includes groove variations, fills, one shot endings and a complete multi-velocity sample kit.
Drum Werks XIV: The Brazilian Kitchen features
- Cohesive Drum Sounds: All drum loops are taken from the SAME recording session (all grooves, fills, etc., are sonically-matched). Like to change tempos or feels? You can mix any loop with anything else on the disc. The bottom line here is maximum versatility.
- Fully-Sampled Drum and Cymbal Samples: Build even more great grooves with a collection of all the drums and cymbals recorded on Drum Werks XIV.
- A Great Overview of Essential Brazilian Rhythms: You’ll have all the tools need to build your favorite Brazilian influenced songs, and Drum Werks XIV is also a great tool to inspire your writing. These grooves are a great alternative to the standard beats usually found in your favorite styles. Try the baiao/maracatu for your next rock tune! Groove Sets™ ranging from 50 BPM to 150 BPM will the deliver the feels we dare any drum machine or virtual drummer to match!
- Disc Stats: 607 (680 MB 24 bit WAV; 482 MB 16 bit WAV) original, license-free “acidized” or APPLE LOOPS/AIFF loops + 67 (35 MB) multi-velocity drum and cymbal samples.
Drum Werks XIV: The Brazilian Kitchen is available in 16 or 24-bit “acidized” WAV (16/44 or 24/44) and Apple Loops (24 Bit AIFF) formats for $39.99 USD (REX2 available soon).
Visit Beta Monkey Music for more information and some audio previews.
, Edina Tokodi
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Oct 29, 2007 - 0 comments
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on October 28th, 2007:
Moss animals by Edina Tokodi