Bartosz Kowalski and Joseph Chehade have launched a Kickstarter project for umidi, the world’s first custom DJ controller.
umidi is a custom DJ controller you design. Using our design interface, you can choose up to 36 components on a 6×6 grid including knobs, faders, encoders, jog wheels, and aluminium push buttons.
You can choose the way your components are positioned, colored, and the lighting shapes around each one. To personalize your controller further, you can have a custom image laser etched onto your umidi. You are able to build a completely unique controller.
We build your design and ship it directly to you anywhere in the world. Every controller is assembled and tested in our workshop.
The project aims to raise $20,000 AUD by Saturday Jan 18, 2014. You can pre-order the umidi controller by pledging at various levels.
More information: umidi / Kickstarter
Fabrizio Poce of J74 has launched Volca Control, a collection of software editors and control surfaces for the Korg Volca series.
The J74 Volca Control package provides you with three editors and control surfaces for the Korg Volca series: the VKeys, VBass and VBeats.
These tools allow you to control, store and modulate all Volca native MIDI parameters while adding a bunch of new features for synthesis and performance, such as: filter KeyTracking (both VKeys and VBass), Chorus-like effects (VKeys), additional tempo sync LFO (VKeys), Pitch Tuning and modulation modes (VBass), 3x note Polyphony emulation on VBass, MIDI velocity emulation on VBeats, LFO auto-tuning modulation (VBass and VKeys) and Solo/Mute controls on VBeats.
All devices also offer presets storage (load, save, recall), a X/Y Panel for modulation of two parameters simultaneously and a parameter randomizer.
The J74 Volca Control package is available to purchase as standalone desktop applications for Windows and Mac and in Ableton’s Live Max for Live format, priced at $8 USD.
More information: Fabrizio Poce / J74 Volca Control
, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Nov 27, 2013
Image-Line has announced version 11.0.4 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
We are pleased to announce FL Studio has been updated to 11.0.4. This adds IL Remote compatibility, expanded controller support and fixes the list of issues reported since FL Studio 11.0.3.
FL Studio’s Performance Mode with the newly supported Livid BASE controller.
Changes in FL Studio 11.0.4
- IL Remote support – IL Remote (soon to be released) is an Android & iOS programmable controller App for FL Studio & Deckadance 2. Check the manual entry here while you wait.
- Added support for the following controllers – Novation Launch Control, DJ TechTools Midi Fighter 3D, Electrix Tweaker, Livid VNTRL-R & Livid BASE.
- Newtone: Updated engine (bugfixes, works more like FL Piano roll & move around with arrow keys).
- Control Surface: Fixed oversized sliders after saving and loading a preset or song.
- Edison: Fixed drag/drop to FL browser.
- Patcher: Various bugfixes.
- ReWired: Fixed bug hiding plugin editor. fix for device enumeration.
- Wrapper: Fixed keyboard input in some VST3 plugins, added context menu support for (some) VST 3.5 plugins.
FL Studio is available to purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers receive 10% discount on their first order at the Image-Line online shop.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Elektron has announced the Analog Keys, its new flagship analog synthesizer.
Fully analog signal path, digital controls, and unprecedented playability make it an instrument for the expressive musician.
The Analog Keys is a four voice polyphonic analog synthesizer, capable of generating the finest basslines, chords, leads, and sounds imaginable.
The warm and deep tone represents the pinnacle of analog synthesis and the acclaimed Elektron sequencer stands ready to arrange and warp the analog sounds in real-time.
Complete the experience by treating the four voices with incredibly well-crafted master effects. A new world of sounds awaits.
Analog Keys features
- 100% analog signal path.
- Four voices, each with 2 analog oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators, dual analog filters, and analog overdrive.
- 37 key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch.
- +Drive storage hosting up to 4096 Sounds (+Drive Sound Library).
- Elektron sequencer with CV/Gate sequencing.
- Parameter assignable joystick.
- Extensive modulation possibilities.
- Supervoid Reverb, Saturator Delay, Wideshift Chorus send FX.
- Polyphonic, multitimbral, unison modes.
- Dedicated MIDI controller mode.
- 1 × headphones output, 2 × main outputs, 4 × stereo separate track outputs.
- 2 × audio inputs.
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU with Din sync out.
- 2 × dual CV/Gate outputs.
- USB 2.0 port.
The Analog Keys will be available to purchase on December 5th, 2013, priced at $1849 USD / €1749 EUR / £1449 GBP. Shipping starts December 9th.
More information: Elektron / Analog Keys
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble 2, the long-awaited completely new version of its dedicated Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
touchAble 2 comes with a new Template Editor.
During the last months, the Berlin-based developers team Zerodebug have focused their efforts to create touchAble 2 the ultimate iOS control surface entirely dedicated to Ableton LIVE.
touchAble App has become increasingly popular since it has arrived on the market in september 2010, as more Live users realize the flexibility and the high level of controls and customization offered by the app; at bargain rates compared with the dedicated hardware controllers currently available. Countless artists around the globe – from bedroom producers to award winning artists – use it on stage, in their studio or while on the road.
touchAble 2 has been completely redesigned from the ground up but also compatible with all iPad generations. All the new features of version 2 are available to users running touchAble on iPad1.
Changes in touchAble 2
- MIDI Sequencer.
- Template Editor.
- Isomorphic Keyboard.
- Live 9 Features including browser access.
- Advanced Native Live Templates.
- MIDI Mapping external Controller.
- Countless of new features and improvements.
The touchAble 2 app is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: touchAble