audiowerkstatt has announced the release of midi-restarter, a device for controlling your MIDI-slave gear.
The midi-restarter helps you to start or stop your MIDI-slave independent of your MIDI-master, but always in perfect synchronisation.
You push the buttom and the audiowerkstatt midi-restarter sends a MIDI-start/stop-message at the beginning of the next bar to ensure that all following MIDI-devices run in the correct timing.
The midi-restarter is available for purchase for 139 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: audiowerkstatt
HyperSynth has launched XEditor, a freeware editor for advanced controlling over the Xenophone synthesizer in your DAW.
XEditor offers remote access to all synth engine parameters via MIDI messages (CC and NRPN). The GUI design is based on the hardware layout while keeping all the controls in a single-window system. Most of the knobs are equipped with helpful readout. Using this tool you can edit mod matrix and sequencer without any hassle.
- Full control of the sound engine (212 parameters).
- Support automation for all parameters.
- Rename program remotely via sysex.
- Select programs and banks remotely.
- True readout for envelope and LFO rates.
- Sync to host option for master tempo.
- 128 empty presets.
- 3 Wheels: Pitch, Mod and Aftertouch.
- Run as standalone or VST plugin.
XEditor for Windows is freeware. The Xenophone synthesizer is expected to begin shipping in May-June 2014. It can be pre-ordered now (at 11% discount).
More information: HyperSynth / XEditor
Image-Line has updated its Remote controller app to version 1.2.
IL Remote is available FREE for Android and iOS tablets or phones. It’s a user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio and Deckadance.
Just open FL Studio 11.1 or Deckadance 2.3 on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.2
- New “trackpad” pad mode – Use ILRemote as a virtual trackpad to control your computer’s mouse (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “shortcut” pad mode – Send any keyboard shortcut to FL Studio and Deckadance (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “breath” controller – Control a parameter using the device’s microphone, Edit Mode > Layout Menu > Layout Settings.
- Containers – Controls can now be dragged in and out of containers.
- Fonts – New font size setting for control labels.
- Power management – Added a battery level indicator.
- Custom scale editor – Has been moved to the layout settings, and is now usable with both the keyboard and the harmonic grid.
- MIDI – Channel selection for accelerometers.
- Mixer – Improved scrolling. Tap and drag to select the track range more precisely.
- Fixed – Returning to the home screen even if “cancel” was pressed.
- Piano – New piano roll shortcuts presets.
- Bugs n stuff – Various fixes and improvements.
The app is a free download.
More information: Image-Line / Remote
Mystery Islands has introduced Virus|HC, an editor/librarian plug-in for the Access Virus synthesizer.
We are more than excited to officially announce that our next plug-in project, Virus|HC is around the corner. This plug-in is targeted to everyone with Access Virus A, B, C or TI hardware synthesizer to unleash the power of Virus in your favorite DAW.
- Works like the actual Virus TI Control software, except it does not transmit audio signals. This is a huge advantage to all Virus TI users, who struggle with “A Sync error occurred” messages.
- Connect legacy Virus (A-B-C-range) synth with MIDI interface into your DAW.
- Connect Virus TI & TI|2-range synth with MIDI or USB into your DAW.
- Manage single presets and/or multi presets within the editor/librarian.
- Load, edit and save programs & save them to HDD in MIDI format.
- Load up-to 16 parts of legendary Virus sounds into a single plug-in.
- Manage all 16 parts individually in Multimode mixer window.
- Automate almost every parameter of the plug-in.
- Visual link between the knob movements on hardware < -> software for real-time UI updates.
- Sends used data automatically to the synth upon loading a DAW project containing the plug-in. Play directly, without any loading hassle with the hardware itself. This is purely automated.
The plug-in is available to pre-order for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 39.95 EUR (regular 49.95 EUR).
More information: Mystery Islands / Virus|HC
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Apr 02, 2014 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has launched “It’s all about the drop”, a limited-time special offer on the industry-standard Traktor Kontrol S4 and S2 all-in-one DJ controllers.
Traktor Kontrol S4 is reduced by 100 EUR/USD, the S2 is 50 EUR/USD off SRP.
The TRAKTOR KONTROL series has earned a reputation as the industry-standard TRAKTOR DJ controllers. At the forefront is TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 – the flagship 4-deck all-in-one DJ system. The S4′s premium 4-channel mixer, built-in 24 bit/96 kHz audio interface, and intuitive, hands-on controls offer DJs a seamless and comprehensive unit designed for the latest TRAKTOR software.
The “little brother”, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 delivers all key TRAKTOR PRO features with the same built-in audio interface, 2 decks, and a 2-channel mixer with multi-effect units. Its compact build makes the S2 the ideal controller for use with TRAKTOR DJ for iPad and iPhone.
With the release of iOS 7.1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 and S2 now also join the growing list of TRAKTOR hardware compatible with TRAKTOR DJ for iPad and iPhone.
Traktor Kontrol S4 is available for $699 USD / 699 EUR / £579 GBP, Traktor Kontrol S2 is $449 USD / 449 EUR / £369 GBP. This offer ends April 30th, 2014.
More information: Native Instruments / “It’s all about the drop”
Image-Line has announced version 2.3 of its Deckadance DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance 2.30 adds support for Image-Line Remote so you can now control Deckadance & FL Studio from any Android (phone or tablet) and iOS (iPod touch, iPhone or iPad) device.
You can even use any combination of up to 15 devices at once! Why not invite your friends over for a group DJ session :)
Changes in Deckadance v2.3
- Image-Line Remote Support – Controller support from up to 15 Android and iOS devices.
- New Smart Panels – EQ, Gain & Filter, Volume, Mix & Isolator, FX and Grossbeat.
- Fixes bugs – Reported from Deckadance version 2.2.
- Added MIDI script commands – PLAY_X, PHASE_SYNC_X, BEAT_ID_X, STANDALONE and TRACK_POSITION_X.
- Support for ESI soundcards.
- Fixed – Issues with soundcard samplerates >= 99.6 KHz.
- Fixed – Synchronization problem with the Leap function in Snap mode.
- Added – Automatic switching of MIDI ports between standard MIDI page and Scripts page..
Deckadance 2 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $79 USD / $149 USD (DVS support). New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on orders of $89 USD or above at the Image-Line online store.
More information: Image-Line / Deckadance
, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Mar 18, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a contest in collaboration with Novation, giving away 10 bundles of the Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition.
We’re teaming up with our friends at Novation to give away TEN bundles of a Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition (or IL VCash equivalent to be used in the Image-Line shop if you already own FL Studio). Don’t forget FL Studio also includes Lifetime Free Updates.
To enter the contest you need to name one track used in the performance above. The contest ends March 28th, 2014, at 16:00 GMT.
More information: FL Studio / Launchpad S contest
batZode has announced Blowfinger, an app that turns any iPad into a breath or wind controller.
Musicians blow across an iPhone mic – or any other mic – and the wind noise is converted into a MIDI continuous controller. The instrument can send notes from the onscreen keyboard or woodwind touch keys (which use a very simple and intuitive fingering system). Or it can just function as a MIDI breath controller.
“We designed this app to take the place of expensive, inferior hardware breath controllers,” programmer Stephan Podell says. “It’s also a fantastic auxiliary controller for playing MIDI instruments.”
- Blowfinger Keyboard mode
- Velocity-sensitive keyboard allows you to glide between notes in a way not possible on a regular keyboard, making this an excellent musical performance addition to any set-up.
- Use the eight utility pads with user text labels to send program changes or keyswitches. Or use them to play drums and percussion – they’re velocity-sensitive.
- The XY pad offers additional expressive control in both axes, and it can be set to snap back to zero, to the center, or stay where you release it. Choose which MIDI controller is sent in each direction.
- Transpose octaves up or down with one tap (either or both keyboard manuals).
- Blowfinger Wind mode
- Simplified fingerings based on recorder or Boehm system allow anyone who’s ever played a wind instrument to pick up Blowfinger right away. You switch octaves with your left thumb, so once you know one octave you know them all.
- One size fits all. The keys and the thumb pads can be resized, moved, and stretched all over the screen. Play the instrument on your lap or perhaps a desk in front of you, or move the pads to the sides and hold the iPad up to your belly.
- XY right thumb pad. This has the same features as the one in Keyboard Mode, with your choice of snap back behavior and MIDI controllers.
- General features
- Blowfinger can work as a breath controller without sending notes; in Breath-only mode, blow without fingering and it sends a MIDI controller.
- Simultaneous support for Network MIDI over Wi-Fi, hardware MIDI, and inter-application MIDI to control synths running on the same iPad. Also supports rpMIDI for wireless MIDI on Windows.
- While it feels great right away, you can personalize the breath response to suit your preference and also to adjust for noisy environments.
- Global transposition so you can play in the key of Cb without getting angry.
Blowfinger is available to purchase for $17.99 USD.
More information: batZode