Related: audio interface
, Denon DJ
Posted in news
on Jan 26, 2015 - 0 comments
Denon DJ has announced the MC4000, a new Serato MIDI controller.
The all-new MC4000 is a 2-deck Serato MIDI controller for the professional DJ, wrapping in- demand audio manipulation tools in a robust steel chassis. In addition to precision touch-activated jog wheels, performers get access to dedicated hot cue and sample pads for on-the-fly creativity.
Long-throw 100mm pitch faders and an intuitive control layout deliver natural operation when balancing complex set elements. Known for their emphasis on sound quality, Denon DJ includes a premium 24-bit audio output path for noticeably clearer mixes.
Denon DJ’s highly regarded dual microphone inputs are complemented by a studio-grade echo effect, and “ducking” feature—effortlessly moving vocals to the top of the mix without riding faders. The MC4000 includes Serato DJ Intro and will be compatible with Traktor 2, and Virtual DJ 8.
- Premium 2-Deck controller for Serato.
- Includes Serato DJ Intro; user-upgradeable to Serato DJ.
- Touch-activated jog wheels for accurate scratching and track cueing.
- Dedicated hot-cue and sample trigger pads with illuminated feedback.
- Long-throw, 100mm pitch faders.
- All-new control layout for effortless, intuitive use.
- Dedicated EQ and FX controls on each channel.
- (2) balanced mic inputs with 2-band EQ, Ducking, and Echo effect.
- Compatible with Traktor 2 (via .tsi files) and Virtual DJ 8.
- RCA Aux input for external device mixing.
- Balanced Main and Booth Outputs.
- Pro-grade steel construction.
The MC4000 will be available in Q2 with an MSRP of £299.99 GBP.
Denon has also introduced the DS1, a breakthrough interface for users of Serato NoiseMap – the system used to control a Serato-based digital music library using a turntable or compact disc player.
The DS1 is plug and play with Serato DJ, extending Denon DJ’s hallmark audio quality and reliability to club DJs and turntablists who prefer the feel of vinyl, but desire the flexibility a digital music library provides.
At the core of the all-new DS1 is a bi-directional audio interface with two sets of RCA stereo inputs for turntables or professional CD players. As users manipulate the vinyl or CD NoiseMap signal, Serato DJ software mirrors the control signal—controlling digital tracks on-screen in real-time for beatmatching, cueing, scratching, and track juggling.
Playback audio is distributed by the DS1 to a mixer or loudspeaker system in studio-grade 24-bit quality via two sets of RCA stereo outputs.
- Premium Digital Vinyl System (DVS) interface for Serato DJ.
- Interfaces turntables and CD players using Serato NoiseMap with a Serato DJ-based digital music library.
- Plug and play with Serato DJ—no purchase necessary.
- (2) sets of stereo RCA inputs and outputs for left and right decks.
- Studio-grade 24-bit digital to analog conversion.
- Supports 44.1kHz, 48kHz, and 96kHz sampling rates.
- Dedicated grounding post for use with turntables.
- Single USB cable connection to a computer for power and audio.
- Includes (2) Serato NoiseMap control tone vinyl records and CDs.
- Includes USB and stereo RCA cables.
- Rugged, all-metal construction; carrying case included.
The DS1 will be available in Q2 with an MSRP of £229.99 GBP.
More information: Denon DJ
Roger Linn Design has announced the release of LinnStrument, an expressive alternative to the MIDI keyboard controller.
The promise of electronic sound generation was to produce any instrument sound you can imagine. However, if you’ve ever tried to play a convincing guitar, sax, violin, clarinet or cello solo on a MIDI keyboard, you’ve found it to sound static and lifeless because keyboards can’t do much more than turn sounds on and off at different volumes.
LinnStrument takes a new approach, capturing each finger’s subtle movements in three dimensions for simultaneous fine control of note expression, pitch and timbre. With this level of expressive control, the promise of electronic sound generation is finally a reality.
LinnStrument is available for purchase for $1,499 USD.
More information: Roger Linn Design / LinnStrument
Novation has announced the Launchpad Pro, a profession grid instrument.
Launchpad Pro is the simplest and best way to create dynamic, expressive performances in Ableton Live, or any music software.
We’ve given our iconic Launchpad a total overhaul. Enhanced with RGB LED feedback, and velocity and pressure-sensitive pads, Launchpad Pro brings limitless expression and creativity to your music.
Launchpad Pro features
- Integrate seamlessly with Ableton Live.
- Control a variety of other music software and external hardware.
- Play using RGB pads that match the color of your clips.
- Create expressive beats on drum racks spread across the whole 8 x 8 grid.
- Easily play notes, melodies and chords on an illuminated chromatic keyboard.
- Get immediate, slick access to all your mixer controls.
- Control your effects and instrument mid-performance.
- Download and control a growing library of Max for Live devices.
- Compact, lightweight, tough and bus-powered.
- Comes with everything you need to start.
Launchpad Pro will be available Spring 2015, priced at a US MAP of $299.99 USD.
More information: Novation / Launchpad Pro
SkoogMusic Ltd has launched a 2nd crowdfunding campaign to put the Skoog revolutionary musical instrument into production.
After their first campaign missed it’s target of 75K the team at Skoog are using indiegogo once again to help bring their product to market. This uniquely expressive, uber-cool cube is designed for everyone to play, but unlike a traditional instrument, you don’t need to read music or memorise your scales to give this a go. All you need is a love of music.
Their first campaign included substantial tooling outlay but having secured additional funding from shareholders to support tooling costs the company is now running a modest pre-order campaign to enable supporters to get their hands on their tactile music interface for just £125 (that is a 54% saving on estimated retail).
Patent-pending technology and a range of music-making apps & software, make it an ‘out-of-the box’ joy, allowing for a huge range of abilities, creative talents, and musical preferences. It’s also wireless, iOS compatible and highly responsive, so ideal for anyone interested in being creative with sound.
The Skoog is available for pre-order until the February 6th, 2015.
More information: SkoogMusic / Skoog at Indiegogo
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2015 - 0 comments
Arturia has launched BeatStep Pro, an all-new world-class controller and dynamic performance step sequencer, at the NAMM Show 2015, January 22-25 in Anaheim, California.
Designed for hands-on hardware sequencing, the BeatStep Pro brings two fully independent melodic sequencers and one drum sequencer.
You can from the BeatStep Pro manage a full performance, controlling software instruments, analog and digital synthesizers, drum machines and drum kits, iPad apps.
The melodic sequencers offer up to 64 steps per sequence, 16 sequences per project and 16 projects, making them the most impressive step sequencers ever made.
The additional drum sequencer allows for 16 separate tracks of sequencing. Record in real-time via the pads or use the step buttons for a classic drum machine workflow.
BeatStep Pro features
- 2 monophonic step sequencers
- Up to 64 steps per sequence.
- Note, velocity and gate time settings per step.
- Note tie.
- 16-track drum sequencer (one track per pad)
- MIDI controller mode.
- Fully customizable for knobs, step buttons and velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
- Send MIDI CC, note data, program changes.
- 16 Projects, each with 16×2 sequences, 16 drum sequences and a controller map.
- Performance controls.
- Randomizer with Amount and Probability settings.
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip.
- Independent swing amount per sequence.
- Touch sensitive knobs.
- Tap Tempo.
- CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10 volt gates).
- 8 drum gate outputs.
- Clock sync with multiple standards.
- MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors.
- USB class compliant.
- Kensington lock.
BeatStep Pro will be available for purchase in April, 2015, priced at $299 USD/249 EUR.
More information: Arturia / BeatStep Pro
More posts that match this tag
Korg has introduced a number of new products at the Winter NAMM 2015. SQ-1 step sequencer The SQ-1 is a compact step sequencer with 2 x 8 steps. It’s wealth of connection jacks allows it … read more
Outbound link: Korg
– Related: Ableton
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2015 - 0 comments
Roland has announced the MX-1 Mix Performer, a performance-optimized mixing instrument for bringing together synths, drum machines, loops, DAW tracks, AIRA gear, and more. The MX-1 can mix up to 18 audio channels from a … read more
Nektar Technology has announced it has updated its award winning Panorama Controller series announcing deep integration with Reaper, the popular DAW developed by Cockos. With Panorama, Reaper users now benefit from transparent mixer control, transport … read more
M-Audio has introduced its new Code Series keyboards, a family of three full-featured models. Available in 25-, 49-, and 61-key versions, the Code Series combines a remarkably smooth-feeling keyboard with a surprisingly complete feature set … read more
Outbound link: M-Audio
– Related: Ableton
Posted in news
on Jan 22, 2015 - 0 comments
Ploytec has announced the release of the Ploytec „πλ² Pi L Squared“ Leukos synthesizer at NAMM 2015. Dressed in white, it exclusively works with a computer or iPad® (camera connection kit required) when attached via … read more
Nektar has announced it is now shipping the Impact LX 88, the flagship product in the Impact line and the first Nektar keyboard featuring an 88 note semi-weighted keybed. Developed for keyboard and piano players … read more
Expert Sleepers has introduced FH-1, a new Eurorack module. The FH-1 ‘faderHost’ is a USB MIDI Host in an 8HP Eurorack module, allowing you to directly connect a USB MIDI controller to your modular synthesizer. … read more
Mystery Islands has released version 1.0.6 of Virus|HC librarian editor, a plug-in for Windows and Mac. Finally, the long wait for Access Virus a, rack, b, c, xl and TI users is over: Now you … read more
Patchworks has announced the release of version 1.4 of its Conductr Ableton Live controller app for iPad. After the successful release of the Claydr MIDI keyboard, Conductr launches a new update with some long awaited … read more
Image-Line has released version 2.42 of Deckadance, a DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac. Deckadance 2.42 adds Elastique v3 engine with improved transient processing, multi controller support (via scripting), native support for Behringer CMD … read more
Akai Professional has announced the introduction of its Advance Keyboard Series. Available in 25-, 49-, and 61-key sizes, the Advance 25, Advance 49, and Advance 61 provide unprecedented playability and advanced manipulation of any virtual … read more
Outbound link: Akai Pro
/ Advance Keyboard Series
– Related: Akai Professional
, Prime Loops
Posted in news
on Jan 12, 2015 - 1 comment
Kemper has announced the new Profiler Remote for the acclaimed Kemper Profiler to be available in Q1 2015. The Profiler Remote is the perfect remote foot controller for the Kemper Profiler, fully integrated with the … read more
Mystery Islands has released version 1.0.3 of its Virus|HC librarian editor plug-in for Windows and Mac. For MAC and PC users, this update has been long waited although we just launched Virus|HC plugin. There are … read more
Level 6 Productions has released a public beta of yMIDI, a full featured MIDI controller app for Windows 8. yMIDI is a MIDI control surface that enables you to control any DAW software or hardware … read more
codeKnobs has released version 2.01 of the DSI Tetra Program Editor VST, a software editor for the Tetra hardware synthesizer by Dave Smith Instruments. Changes in DSI Tetra Program Editor VST v2.01 New UI. Support … read more