Native Instruments has announced the release of Traktor Kontrol S8, a DJ controller featuring innovative touch-sensitive controls and full-color displays, a 4-channel standalone mixer, extensive audio interface, and enhanced performance decks for advanced integration of TRAKTOR PRO 2’s Remix Decks.
Designed to maximize creative expression, TRAKTOR KONTROL S8’s deck sections and workflow simplify live editing and remixing to introduce a different paradigm in DJ performance. New performance tools such as Freeze Mode take a snapshot of a running track and enable detailed slicing for instant live improvisation and an element of spontaneity.
The dedicated Remix Deck View provides hands-on control of Remix Sets, samples, and loops while monitoring a deck in full-view on the S8’s displays.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 not only delivers dynamic new touch-and-see workflow, but adds unprecedented flexibility with both classic and modern mixing media. Digital DJs can fine-tune mixes with two wide touch strips for precise track seeking and pitch-bending directly on the unit. Standalone mixer functionality offers connectivity for up to four turntables or CDJs – perfect for analog or timecode vinyl/CD control with the included TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 software. Remix Deck functions can even be controlled with timecode media for extended hybrid analog-digital control.
Central to the TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 experience, its advancements in hardware design deliver uncompromising, professional build quality unmatched even in products exceeding its price-tier. The 4-channel standalone mixer features a detachable fader panel fitted with patented inverse carbon strip faders that exponentially reduce dust and wear.
Faders can be replaced for maintenance on the unit, prolonging the S8’s lifespan. The XLR, ¼”, and RCA signal outputs from the extensive on-board audio interface surpass that of any current TRAKTOR product, and easily rival CDJ output levels.
Traktor Kontrol S8 is now available for purchase for $1199 USD / 1199 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / Traktor Kontrol S8
Will Marshall has announced the release of the DJ Template MkII, an out-of-the-box setup for DJing and performance in Ableton Live 9 with the new APC40 MkII.
Elegant and intuitive, this template will have you ready to perform in minutes.
With awesome FX, on-the-fly looping controls, step sequencing, crystal-clear visual feedback and extensive workflow enhancements, the APC has never been more powerful. We’ve even written our own Remote Script to add features unachievable with Max4Live or MIDI mapping!
DJ Template MkII features
- Full internal mixing.
- DJ EQs.
- Four deck mixing.
- Smart faders.
- Momentary, send, inline and dummy effects.
- A visual metronome.
- Volume meters on the APC.
- A powerful drum sequencer.
- Extensive video tutorials.
- Online support.
- Free updates.
- A handy automated installer.
The template pack is available for purchase for $20 USD. A simplified free version is available to download.
More information: Will Marshall / DJ Template MkII
Liine has released version 5.2 of Lemur, a multi-touch MIDI & OSC controller app for iOS.
Lemur, the professional iOS controller app that doesn’t cut any corners, has evolved. Now easier to use than ever, more customisable and with more out-of-the-box functionality. Any software or hardware that receives MIDI or OSC can be controlled by Lemur. Control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.
Changes in Lemur v5.2
- Lemur App:
- Fixed file system access on iOS 8.
- Fixed On MIDI scripts receive messages from Parent/Project MIDI Targets.
- Fixed templates loading with mismatch between navbar and displayed page.
- Fixed CoreMIDI issue where ports were not displayed for some hardware devices (Novation X-Station and others).
- Fixed Fader.value displaying correct type.
- Fixed stretch function displaying correct types.
- Various Canvas fixes and improvements.
- Added Relative cursor mode to Fader object.
- Integer values are now parsed as such when saving / loading JZML.
- Added automatic conversion of OSC INT64 & boolean to INT32.
- MIDI Target configuration now properly saved when quitting the app and returning.
- Sequencer objects phase no longer jumps when changing ‘steps’ attribute.
- StepSwitch now sends out values when out variable goes back to null (i.e. Note Off messages correctly sent now).
- Fixed crash with canvas_restore () on Windows.
- Fixed crashes when opening menus while Canvas is drawn.
- Fixed copy/paste from Lemur to other applications.
- Fixed issues where Daemon ports would get disconnected and appear in red.
- Fixed issue with mislabelled Daemon ports.
The Lemur app is available for purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Liine / Lemur
Native Instruments has officially announced Traktor Kontrol S8, a new all-in-one DJ controller designed for state-of-the-art Traktor Pro 2 control.
Offering DJs an entirely new performance dynamic, TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 is a breakthrough innovation built on the desire to bring the sole focus of digital DJs back towards the crowd and away from the laptop – accomplishing this through new and inspiring technology.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S8’s full color displays and touch-sensitive hardware controls uniquely fuse with enhanced track decks, a 4-channel standalone mixer, and the flagship TRAKTOR software – creating a fluid, multisensory DJ experience. Available online and at retailers worldwide on October 30, 2014, the advanced DJ controller signals a milestone in Native Instruments’ vision of the future of DJing.
Traktor Kontrol S8 will be available for $1,199 USD / 1,199 EUR on October 30th, 2014. Preorder is also available.
More information: Native Instruments / Traktor Kontrol S8
Avid has introduced the Pro Tools | S3 desktop control surface, a streamlined, versatile mixing solution that gives sound engineers the powerful, intelligent control they need to work more ergonomically and efficiently, create the highest-quality mixes, and expand mixing capabilities and job opportunities.
When used together, Avid Pro Tools | S3 and Pro Tools | Software—both part of the Avid Artist Suite of creative tools powered by the Avid MediaCentral Platform—deliver the most streamlined, economical, and tightly integrated approach to mixing and recording in smaller-sized studios or mobile settings.
“In today’s competitive post and music mixing environment, shrinking budgets and tighter schedules are commonplace,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “To succeed, audio professionals need to streamline and accelerate their workflow, as well as broaden the scope and capabilities of their mixing solutions to handle the most sophisticated projects. The affordable Pro Tools | S3 delivers the power, efficiency, and versatility engineers need to deliver fast turnarounds in the most demanding environments.”
The Pro Tools | S3 control surface is designed to help sound engineers:
- Expand mixing capabilities, and take on a diverse range of projects: Based on the award-winning Pro Tools | S6 control surface, the S3 features open integration with Pro Tools | Software and other EUCON-enabled digital audio workstations like Logic Pro, Cubase, and more.
- Meet strict project deadlines: By combining traditional console layout with the proven advancements of the S6, Pro Tools | S3 delivers highly intuitive recording, editing, and mixing control—along with the power and efficiency to meet fast turnaround times.
- Mix on-the-go: The compact form factor fits into any space, making Pro Tools | S3 ideal for small project studios or on-the-go music and post mixing.
- Work the way they want: Engineers can customize the surface to their unique needs by creating custom channel layouts, all recallable at any time. Pro Tools | S3 can switch between two applications with ease, giving users the choice to work however they want, and the capability to take on the largest, most demanding mixes.
- Fit well into any studio and workflow: Pro Tools | S3 easily integrates with solutions across the Avid MediaCentral Platform, as well as a studio’s existing systems and workflows to deliver deep hardware/software integration and control at a fraction of the price of high-end consoles.
Pro Tools | S3 features
- 16 channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorized fader and 10-segment signal level meter (supports up to 6 fader banks).
- 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders for panning, gain control, plug-in parameter adjustments, and more (16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a tricolor LED function indicator.
- 32 high-resolution OLED displays for viewing track names/numbers, detailed metering data (from mono to 5.1 surround), parameter names/values, current automation mode, and more.
- Solo, mute, channel select, and record/automation-enable keys on every channel
- Touch strip provides easy access to transport controls.
- Dozens of dedicated buttons and switches for navigation, automation, control assignment, and software control.
- Built-in 4×6 AVB Core Audio interface includes 2 XLR mic/line inputs, 2 TRS line inputs, 2 XLR line outputs, 2 TRS line outputs, and a stereo headphone output.
Avid Pro Tools | S3 will be available November 2014 through Avid resellers worldwide.
More information: Avid / Pro Tools | S3
More posts that match this tag
Bitwig has announced The Producer Packs, a new collaboration between Bitwig and Arturia. The Producer Packs combine Bitwig Studio’s unprecedented workflow possibilities with Arturia’s premium hybrid keyboard conrtollers: the KeyLab 25, 49, and 61. Also … read more
M-Audio announced the availability of its newly updated Oxygen Series MIDI keyboard controller line. The Oxygen series expand on playability and include a wide array of sounds with two virtual instruments for players, songwriters, and … read more
Softube has announced the release of the Windows version of the Console 1 software for its next generation audio mixer. Finally—the Windows version of the Console 1 software is out! Furthermore, we now have automatic … read more
Nektar has released a new Panorama Reason installer delivering full Panorama compatibility with Reason 8 as well as backwards compatibility from Reason 5 and up. New features include the ability to create devices in Reason … read more
Native Instruments has announced the release of the Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards, and the latest generation of Komplete and Komplete Ultimate software bundles. The S-Series keyboards and accompanying KOMPLETE KONTROL software unite all KOMPLETE Instruments … read more
Outbound link: Native Instruments
– Related: controller
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, Native Instruments
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Oct 01, 2014 - 0 comments
XMonsta has released version 2.0 of its PULL Ableton Device Editor for iPad. PULL – is the iPad TouchScreen Device Editor for Ableton Live 9. Built in Max for Live and Lemur, it offers the … read more
IK Multimedia has announced it is now shipping iRig Pads, a MIDI groove controller for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Windows and Mac. Introducing iRig Pads, a full-featured ultra-portable 16-pad MIDI groove controller for iPhone, iPad … read more
Native Instruments has announced Traktor Kontrol S8, its new flagship all-in-one DJ controller. Shot on location in Ibiza, a new video features high profile artists offering their first impressions of TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 and serves … read more
Numark has introduced the NDX500, a USB/CD media player and software controller. Combining comprehensive standalone functionality with deep hardware and software integration, NDX500 is capable of playing and mixing music from virtually any digital audio … read more
Native Instruments has announced the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboards. The keyboards represent a hallmark in the history of Native Instruments, providing advanced innovations in hardware/software integration and uniting the KOMPLETE Instrument portfolio under one purpose-built … read more
Dynaudio Professional has released a new AIR Control application for PC, Mac and Windows-based tablets, allowing users to carry out advanced calibration and alignment of their AIR monitoring system. The software provides access to advanced … read more
Novation has announced that its Launch Control XL Ableton Live controller is now available from dealers. Launch Control XL is the ultimate mixer and device controller for Ableton Live. Immerse yourself in your music using … read more
Patchworks has released version 1.2 of the Conductr Ableton Live controller app for iPad app, featuring a new 4-dimensional XY pad. After its successful transition to a freemium model last June, Conductr takes a step … read more
Simmons has announced the release of the new Stryke6 drum controller. The new Stryke6 is the first ever iPad® controller that delivers a full drum kit playing experience without the kit. Combining Simmons’ expertise in … read more
Mystery Islands has released version 2.0.3 of the JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in, a MIDI & SysEx AU/VSTi editor-librarian plug-in for Windows and Mac. You ever wanted to control, automate & work with your Roland JP-8000 / … read more