WaveMachine Labs has released version 1.151 of its Auria recording app for iPad.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through a supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitrack recording.
Changes in Auria v1.151
- Issue with deleting automation.
- Auria muting output when using Audiobus on an Aux or Subgroup output.
- Freezing issue with mono tracks and IAA plug-ins.
- Import issue when importing audio for video.
- Tempo issue using auto-time stretching when importing certain loops.
- International characters problem with AudioCopy/Paste.
- Issue with removing an IAA plugin and the previous plug-in getting re-enabled.
- IAA issue with mono tracks when quitting the plug-in outside of Auria.
Auria is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs / Auria
IK Multimedia has released iRig MIDI 2, a portable Lighting/USB MIDI interface.
Introducing iRig MIDI 2, the first Lightning/USB compatible mobile MIDI interface that works with all generations of iOS devices as well as Mac and PC.
It features everything you loved about iRig MIDI but with even greater pocketability, connectivity and control. Simply put, it’s the perfect MIDI solution for the musician on the move.
iRig MIDI 2 features
- Universal MIDI interface for Lightning iOS devices as well as all prior generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Mac and PC.
- Ultra-portable, pocket-sized form factor that you can take with you anywhere.
- Detachable bumper-friendly cables for seamless, universal connectivity.
- Lighting connector and USB cable included, 30-pin cable available separately.
- Standard-sized MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports.
- MIDI IN/OUT LED indicators for at-a-glance monitoring of MIDI data transmission.
- Draws power from host device instead of a bulky power adaptor.
- Comes with a powerful suite of music creation apps SampleTank Free, iGrand Piano FREE and SampleTank 3 SE.
- Elegant and durable rubberized enclosure.
- Designed and made in Modena, Italy.
iRig MIDI 2 is available for purchase for 79.99 EUR / $99.99 USD (excl. taxes).
More information: IK Multimedia / iRig MIDI 2
Propellerhead Software has released Take, a free creative vocal recorder app for iOS.
Take Creative Vocal Recorder is your instantly available vocal recorder that helps you capture your lyric or song ideas before they are gone. With state-of-the-art recording and audio processing, your recordings will sound amazing too!
Take has three separate tracks for recording your own audio, so you can create overdubs or harmonies. Or even record your guitar! Take also comes with a bunch of factory made backing track Beats to help you get inspired – or simply to help you keep the tempo.
Tune your recording to perfection with mixing and effects. When you are happy with the results, share your music with your friends online!
- One-Tap Recording — With a single tap you’ll be recording, beatboxing, overdubbing and creating song ideas to share with your friends or the world.
- Loops & Rhythms — Kick-start your creativity—and stay in the groove—with built-in clicks, loops and beats.
- Three Parts Per Song — Add new parts, double them up and create harmonies. Take gives you three tracks per song to sketch out your ideas.
- Makes you sound great — Take’s processing and effects will make your iPhone’s built-in mic shine. Surprise yourself with how good you sound.
- Share with Your Friends — Instantly share your song ideas with friends via Facebook, Twitter and email.
Take for iOS is a free download from the iTunes App Store.
More information: Propellerhead / Take
Positive Grid has released version 1.5 of BIAS, a custom app modeler app for iPad.
Insane is one of the new expansion packs for Positive Grid’s BIAS app.
Positive Grid expands the popular custom amp modeler with three new dedicated expansion packs: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Guitarists and bassists will now be able to add further customization to their BIAS preamp, power amp, and cabinet modules by tone styles: from glassy clean tone, to classic british crunch, to insanely saturated distortion.
BIAS includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Now, along with the new Glassy, Crunch, and Insane packs, BIAS also includes a new easy-to-use 8-band EQ with the purchase of any pack, as well as a new BIAS store and better JamUp integration –another Positive Grid app consisting of several multi effect stompboxes-. As always, user can share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
BIAS for iPad is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The new in-app expansion packs are $9.99 USD each.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Bartlomiej Niemtur has announced EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument), a trumpet practice app for your phone.
Struck by inspiration but got nothing to play on? Ever wanted to practice fingerings, but couldn’t?
Imagine what would it be to carry an instrument with you, ready to play anytime, anywhere. A tool that is practical, comfortable and fun.
Enter EVI app, an Electronic Valve Instrument, modeled after a real-world trumpet and adapted to your phone.
- Focuses on simplicity and usability.
- Big buttons, play even without looking at the screen.
- Valves placement and behaviour just like in the real trumpet.
- Practical, play any trumpet note, anytime, anywhere.
- Modern design, friendly interface, intuitive animations.
- Uses a simple, universal synth sound..
- No blowing into the microphone; use buttons instead. Three additional buttons correspond to blowing and embouchure changes, they’re easy to reach and provide a more comfortable experience.
The EVI app is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $1.99 USD.
More information: EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument)
Steinberg has announced version 1.8.1 of Cubasis for iOS, the streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad.
The 1.8.1 update not only solves several issues but also provides some small yet nice user-requested features. A noise gate plug-in, bluetooth audio support as well as a handful of usability improvements make Cubasis even more fun to use.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.1
- New Features:
- Bluetooth, AirPlay and HDMI audio out support.
- New noise gate effect.
- Extended transport controls in the audio editor.
- Setup redesign.
- Selecting a channel in the mixer automatically scrolls its corresponding track into the visible area above the mixer.
- After splitting an event only the newer part becomes selected.
- Selecting a track is now also possible by touching its adjacent area in the arrange window.
- When recording with the on-board keyboard the corresponding MIDI track gets autoscrolled into the visible area above the keyboard.
- Double-tap resets the values of the transpose popup.
- Mixer view gets updated if a track has been selected and its corresponding channel in the mixer is invisible.
- Behaviour of MIDI and automation editor tools has been improved.
- Tempo popup button behaviour has been improved.
- Pasting MIDI events in the MIDI editor is no longer limited to one-time use.
- Volume and pan values of a frozen track that contain automation data will now be reset.
- Fixes a problem where the recording of chord pads was limited to single notes (instead of chords).
- Triggering MIDI notes in cycle mode via external keyboard no longer leads to a note off command at the end of the cycle.
- Fixes an issue where autoscroll was unnecessarily triggered if an audio event handle was moved.
- Snap and quantization grid settings are now saved with the project.
- Freezing a track during playback at high CPU load no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Setup view will now be properly closed when switching to another view.
- Audio editor playback now stops exactly at the right locator.
- Fixes a rare problem where certain MIDI files (Format 1) were imported as single tracks.
- MIDI Inputs assignment with external apps now works as expected.
- Punch in recording now works as expected.
Steinberg also released the new 1.6 version of the Cubasis Project Importer extension for Cubase.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis for iOS
Camel Audio has released version 2.3 of Alchemy Mobile, which contains some of the most significant additions to the Pro version of their free Alchemy Mobile iOS app to date.
With the Pro version you can now create your own presets using samples imported from Dropbox, iTunes, other apps or any of the samples available in Alchemy Mobile’s extensive range of sound libraries.
Creating presets is easy – simply select from a comprehensive range of templates including granular pads, stretched soundscapes, distorted arps and drum kits, then choose your samples and customize the remix pads to create your own unique Alchemy presets.
Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.3
- Tap and slide away from controls for increased accuracy.
- Double track length for longer overdubbing.
- Audiobus 2 support for even better integration with your other apps.
- Numerous other improvements and additions.
- [Pro] Import samples and create your own presets using templates (go to Sound Libraries > User).
- [Pro]Create your own remix pad variations.
- [Pro]Support for Audiobus 2 project saves.
- [Pro]Note erase mode – easily edit your recordings.
The Pro Upgrade is available at 50% off until July 7th, 2014. All Sounds Bundles are priced at 50% of the cost of purchasing the products individually.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile