Camel Audio has released version 2.2.12 of its Alchemy Mobile and Alchemy Mobile Pro synthesizer apps for iOS.
v2.2.12 contains a number of improvements including:
- Fixed performance issue on older devices
- Fixed email sharing issue on 64bit devices
- Various additional improvements.
Additionally, the recently released v2.2.09 update included the following improvements to design and stability:
- Easier-to-use layout for Inter-App Audio panel
- Improved Audiobus stability
- Clearer Sound Library information pages with new media player
- 2 or more new remixable demo tracks for each Sound Library.
Users can hear the new demo tracks by selecting an unpurchased library in the Libraries list. Alternatively, to obtain the new tracks for remixing, current owners of Sound Libraries can swipe left on a library in the Libraries list to delete an existing library, drag down to refresh the list, then reinstall the latest version of the library for free.
Alchemy Mobile users can download the v2.2.12 update from the App Store, free of charge.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
Positive Grid has announced the release of Final Touch – Complete Mastering System for iPad, a suite that combines nuanced techniques of mastering with Positive Grid’s expertise on mobile design.
The Final Touch app offers the highest mastering control, precision and flexibility possible on an iPad.
“Final Touch allows musicians, producers and engineers to master audio recording with the industry’s standards: maximizer, pre and post equalizer, multiband dynamics, stereo imaging, reverb and dithering controls are all just one finger tap away”, says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And now they will be able to continue their mastering sessions literally anywhere, with the same sound quality as a top notch professional mastering studio, enhancing productivity to its maximum.”
Final Touch combines seven essential mastering tools into one integrated system, the Pre and Post linear phase EQ modules consist of eight independent bands, each providing a choice of five different types of parametric filters: Hi-Pass, Low-Shelf, Peak, Hi-Shelf and Low-Pass. The Dynamics module offer highly flexible stereo/mid-side multiband compressor/limiter. The Stereo Imaging module adjusts the width of your mix, corrects L/R channel imbalances and checks mono compatibility. The Reverb module offers flattering room, hall and plate algorithms to sweeten overly dry mixes, providing continuously variable controls for independently adjusting Pre-Delay, Decay Time, Early Reflections and Room Size. The Maximizer module limits peaks and raises the average level of your mix, thereby increasing loudness. Comprehensive dither and noise-shaping options are also provided in this module.
Once your master is perfectly dialed, a couple taps are all it takes to share it via email, Dropbox, iTunes and SoundCloud.
Final Touch features
- Complete professional mastering system powered by Positive Grid’s high-end signal-processing algorithms.
- Linear Phase Pre and Post Equalizers, each offering eight bands and five filter types.
- Multiband Dynamics with four independent bands of compression/limiting.
- Stereo Imager adjusts the width and balance of your mix’s soundstage.
- Reverb provides state-of-the-art Room, Hall and Plate algorithms.
- Maximizer transparently limits peaks to make your mix louder.
- Dithering and Noise-Shaping preserves your mix’s depth and nuance.
- Stereo and mid-side processing.
- High-resolution, multi-colored metering with accurate readouts.
- Each module can be independently bypassed.
- Bypass switches for individual EQ bands.
- Left, right, mid and side channels can be independently soloed or bypassed.
- Waveform overview of your mix, with draggable playback cursor.
- 100 factory presets and unlimited user presets.
- Global and module-based presets.
- Drag and drop modules to rearrange their order in the signal path.
- Pristine, high-resolution sound (double-precision, 64-bit calculation).
- Unmatched audio-data integrity: no rounding or truncation except when calculations are performed.
- Share via Email, Dropbox, iTunes, SoundCloud and FTP.
- Streamlined project management: browse multiple projects with one simple tap.
- Workflow optimized for mobile and desktop data transfers.
- Supports Inter App Audio and Audiobus routing system (works with many other audio apps).
- Supports iPad 2, iPad mini and newer iPad devices.
- Designed for iOS 7.
Final Touch for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid / Final Touch
Native Instruments has announced new iOS compatibility for the updated TRAKTOR AUDIO 2, the world’s smallest premium DJ audio interface.
Now plug-and-play with the latest version of TRAKTOR DJ – the pro DJ app for iPad and iPhone – TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 transforms iOS devices into a mobile, crowd-worthy DJ setup. Designed for ultimate portability, TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 delivers pristine, premium 24-bit/48 kHz audio in an unsurpassed pocket-sized format.
The ultra-compact TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 now joins the growing list of iOS compatible hardware by Native Instruments. With the release of iOS version 7.1, TRAKTOR AUDIO 2, TRAKTOR KONTROL S4, S2, and Z1 now all connect seamlessly to an iPad or iPhone running the latest version of TRAKTOR DJ. With an even slimmer, streamlined profile, the updated TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 is more portable than ever. Two 1/8 inch stereo outputs allow for seamless track cueing and headphone monitoring in TRAKTOR PRO 2 or TRAKTOR DJ. The outputs of the TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 can be connected to a standard DJ mixer, allowing two TRAKTOR Decks to be mixed with familiar tactile control.
TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 connects to laptops or iOS devices using the included mini-USB or 30-pin to USB cables. Using the AUDIO 2 with iPad 4 and iPhone 5 requires a 30-pin to Lightning adapter. When using TRAKTOR DJ on an iPhone or iPad, connecting the optional power supply increases the overall output volume and keeps the connected device charged. TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 includes TRAKTOR LE 2. Two decks, three effects, and all essential mixing features provide a ready-to-use package designed for entry-level DJs.
TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 is available to purchase for $99 USD / 99 EUR / £89 GBP. A $50 USD / 50 EUR / £44 GBP e-voucher will also be sent to users upon registration of the included TRAKTOR LE software.
More information: Native Instruments / TRAKTOR AUDIO 2
Novation has released version 1.4.0 of its Launchpad App free music app for iPad, which now features Audio Import Audio Copy with supported apps.
Use Audio Copy to export performances directly from Launchpad App into any other Audio Copy supporting App, and Audio Paste to import from any other Audio Paste supporting app directly into your Launchpad App sound library and put straight onto a pad.
The Audio Import upgrade transforms Launchpad app into a powerful performance tool for users that want to play original music on their iPad, with Audio Copy and Paste support, timestretching, Launch family integration, and full Dropbox integration for import.
Import WAV/AIFF samples by BPM with Dropbox (free Dropbox account required) or Audio Paste, and assign them to any Launch pad as loops or one shots. Whether from professional sample providers or exported from your own productions, combine your samples with built in and In-App purchased Launchpacks to create a unique library to perform with.
The Launchpad App is a free download at the App Store. Audio Import is a $6.99 USD/£4.99 GBP upgrade from the Launchpad App store.
More information: Novation / Launchpad App
Liine has released version 5.0 of its Lemur controller app for iOS.
Version 5 of Liine’s Lemur app features new sequencing objects, and allows for creating custom objects with the new Canvas object.
Now easier to use than ever, more customisable and with more out-of-the-box functionality. Any software or hardware that receives MIDI or OSC can be controlled by Lemur.
Control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.
Changes in Lemur v5.0
- New Canvas object for creating custom objects
- 2D drawing, animation and mono/multi-touch support.
- Based on HTML5 Canvas specifications.
- Implemented as standard Lemur scripting.
- 50 new scripting functions.
- New sequencing objects: StepNote, StepSwitch, StepSlider
- Eight internal MIDI clocks, one for each MIDI Target.
- Clocks can run as master or sync to an external source.
- New type of script execution to trigger events based on musical subdivisions.
- New scripting functions for getting/setting clock state and bpm.
- New bundled templates.
- Numerous tweaks and improvements.
Lemur for iOS is available to purchase for $24.99 USD. The update is free for existing Lemur users.
More information: Liine / Lemur
db audioware has announced the release of Flying Haggis for iOS, the distinctive guitar amp for discerning guitarists.
Simply plug in your guitar via any iOS compatible interface (eg IK Multimedia iRig, Apogee Jam) and start playing. Or, connect via Audiobus for additional multi-fx possibilities!
Flying Haggis is an all-original amp design with great tones, a nice selection of vintage fx, and a no nonsense interface with all the pick-up-and-play appeal of real hardware. There are no complex menus or screens to navigate. There are no in-app purchases or advertising to distract you. Just start up the app, plug in your guitar, and play.
Flying Haggis for iOS is available to purchase for $6.99 USD.
More information: db audioware / Flying Haggis
apeSoft has announced the release of iVCS3, an official emulation of the EMS VCS3 modular synthesizer, now available for iPad.
VCS3 portable semi-modular analog synthesizer now available for iPad.
The VCS3 has three oscillators (in reality, the first 2 oscillators are normal oscillators and the 3rd an LFO or Low Frequency Oscillator), a noise generator, two input amplifiers, a ring modulator, a 18dB/octave (pre-1974) or 24dB/octave (after 1974) voltage controlled low pass filter (VCF), a trapezoid envelope generator, joy-stick controller, voltage controlled spring reverb unit and 2 stereo output amplifiers.
Unlike most modular synthesizer systems which use cables to link components together, the VCS3 uses a distinctive patch board matrix into which pins are inserted in order to connect its components together.
The iVCS3 is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
To celebrate the launch of iVCS3, the iDensity, iPulsaret, and Stria apps are on sale for $4.99 USD for 2 weeks.
More information: apeSoft
Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: Faber Acoustical / RoomScope