Posted in news
on Dec 07, 2011
Liine has announced the release of Lemur, a multitouch MIDI/OSC controller app for iOS.
Lemur is a professional iOS controller app that doesn’t cut any corners. It lets you control anything, any way you want. Total flexibility means it can go as deep as you need it to.
Lemur can control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.
- Physics – Hated physics at school? Now you’ll love it! The behaviour of many Lemur objects can be affected by powerful and easy to use physical models which can make your controller bounce, rebound and oscillate. Make your controller come alive. What’s more, you can even control the physics parameters of one object from another. This opens up the door to a wide range of modulation options, ready to control any piece of gear.
- Editor – The Lemur is provided with Lemur Editor, a cross-platform (Mac/Win) interface builder. This software enables you to create and edit templates, as well as loading them to Lemur. The number of pages that can be included in a single project is limited only by your imagination. In addition to the editing features, the Lemur Editor also provides a comprehensive hierarchical overview of your project. It also offers a full set of options to customize each object: dimension, shape, appearance, status and behavior. This is also where you can edit physics parameters.
- Scripting – In the Lemur Editor, the multiline script panel opens up a whole new world of possibilities. You can modify the physical behaviour, appearance or size of an object in real time. Add a ball to a MultiBall object by touching a pad, zoom in on a fader for ultimate precision or modify a Text object content via MIDI or OSC. Use scripts to really tweak the response of your Lemur interface and make it feel like an extension of your body.
- Connectivity – Lemur supports OSC and MIDI protocols over Wi-Fi. Lemur also supports CoreMIDI. You can use any standard MIDI interface through the Apple Camera Connection Kit, or an iOS specific audio interface such as iConnect MIDI. Lemur supports up to 8 different and simultaneous MIDI and OSC ports targets.
Lemur for iOS is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. All owners of Lemur hardware who purchase the Lemur app on or before January 5, 2012 are eligible for a 50% rebate.
More information: Liine / Lemur
Liine has updated Kapture Pad, the controller app that lets you create, control and morph snapshots of your Ableton Live from your iPhone or iPad.
This is it the update we have been working on in the past weeks. Kapture 1.2.0 is the ultimate weapon in your musical tool belt. We revolutionized the controller market with the concept of interactive totall recall in Ableton Live using an iPhone iPad or iPod touch. Now we are proud to introduce Global Morphing synced to the beat. You can now morph between different Global Snapshots in one tap and on the beat – from an almost immediate 1/2 beat time to 64 beats of slowly evolving sound.
We have also optimized the Track Morphing process with a rewrite that enables it to be faster than previous versions. Now racks can go even deeper, with this latest release Audio Effect Racks, MIDI Effect Racks and Instrument Racks get the proper Kapture Pad treatment, nothing will escape the all seeing eye of Kapture Pad. Every parameter, even on the most complex and shady racks, will get Kaptured.
Kapture Pad for iPad & iPhone is available to purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: Liine / Kapture Pad
, Max for Live
, Richie Hawtin
Posted in news
on Mar 16, 2011
Liine has announced the release of Kapture Pad, an app for iPhone/iPad to control Ableton Live.
It is an indispensible live performance utility and a mindbending sound design tool. It builds on the success of the Kapture Max for Live patch, originally created in 2010 for Richie Hawtin’s Plastikman Live show. Kapture Pad does not require Max for Live.
Kapture Pad lets you take snapshots of your Live set and restore them at will without interrupting the audio. A Global Snapshot stores the mixer and device parameters – for all tracks and all devices (yes, even VSTs and Audio Units). Kapture Pad also introduces Track Snapshots with morphing – an incredible new way to perform electronic music with Live.
Kapture Pad is the second collaboration with Stu Fisher, creator of LiveControl. Kapture Pad extends Ableton Live, it adds new possibilities for production and performance.
Kapture Pad features
- Universal binary: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch support.
- Global Snapshots: Kapture/recall all mixer and device parameters.
- Track Snapshots: Kapture/recall all device parameters.
- Morph Pad: morph between up to four different sound configurations.
- Global filter: choose which tracks to ignore/recall.
- Track filter: choose which devices to ignore/recall.
- Unlimited Global Snapshots.
- Unlimited Banks.
Kapture Pad is available to purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: Liine / Kapture Pad
Liine has announced the Cliip module for Gridd, the only iPad controller that lets you seamlessly edit Ableton Live MIDI clips.
A world-first in controllers, Cliip allows you to create and edit MIDI clips with your fingertips using an elegant touch-enabled piano roll.
Cliip makes editing MIDI clips a truly live, musical experience. The piano roll is now an instrument too. Paint notes onto the smooth zoomable grid. Use intuitive multitouch gestures to edit note length and velocity – no need to LEARN it, just FEEL it. Snap/Fine and Percussive/Melodic modes and the powerful Duplicate function will help you unleash your creativity. Use in the studio to effortlessly create that killer hook or get personal with your audience and truly create music in front of them.
The Cliip module is initially available only when running on iPad. Cliip will run on iPhone and iPod Touch too in the next update.
- Piano roll with zoomable keyboard and timeline.
- iPercussive mode for short notes and Melodic mode with two finger note length gesture.
- Snap and fine modes. Snap note position (or note end) to the grid, or use fine mode to add some groove.
- Drag up the velocity lane and add dynamics to your music.
- Copy and paste functions allow you to copy the contents of one clip to another.
- Duplicate function allows you to duplicate and extend the current loop (e.g. to copy a loop 4 times so that you can add a variation on the 4th loop).
- Clear all.
- Remotely create new MIDI clip.
Cliip is included in Griid Pro, currently priced at $16.99 USD / 13.99 EUR until February 28, 2011 (regular $24.99 USD / 19.99 EUR). Cliip is available for Griid users as an “In App Purchase” (requires Griid v1.10).
More information: Liine / Griid
Liine has released Kapture, a free “total recall” Max for Live device developed alongside Richie Hawtin exclusively for his Plastikman Live tour.
The sounds and sonic signatures in Richie Hawtin’s Plastikman Live show are heavily reliant on complex configurations of sends, returns and feedback loops as well as combinations of instrument and effect parameters. Our challenge was to build a system to manage this huge number of parameters in a live scenario. Kapture is the solution to that challenge. Similar to a preset management system for the whole of Ableton Live, it allows you to Kapture the state of your set.
We’re now very glad to be able to release it to the public and to see how other people use it in performances and in the studio. Kapture is not a polished mainstream product but something developed for a very specific show. However, we think that it’s something that many people will find very useful if they are willing to get their hands a little dirty and tweak it to fit their setup.
We aim to continue releasing bits and pieces like this from the Liine Laboratory, more rough and ready experimental/custom devices and works in progress, alongside the polished, premium products such as Griid.
More information: Liine / Kapture