, drum machine
, instrument plugins
, patches and sound banks
, Philippe Favre
Posted in news
on Nov 30, 2012
LinPlug has updated its RMV drum synthesizer and sampler instrument plug-in to version 5.1.0.
The RMV combines analog-style percussion synthesis, a fully-featured percussion sampler, and a sophisticated Loop Editor/Player. The instrument combines all of the features found on the LinPlug RM IV with several new and innovative features that represent a substantial step forward.
Changes in RMV v5.1.0
- Mac 64-bit version of AudioUnit and VST plugin.
- Mac OS X 10.8 certified installer.
- Fixed Choke not working with certain envelope settings.
- Compatibility enhancements.
- Ended support for PowerPC processors.
- Added MIDI output (parameter feedback) for Audio Units.
LinPlug has also released a collection of 100 new sounds for CrX4 by its long term sound designer Philippe Favre.
Furthermore, all LinPlug instruments and effects (excluding Rob Papen’s Albino) are available at a 33% discount until December 31st, 2012.
More information: LinPlug
Daniel Stawczyk (Status) has introduced GORE, a soundset for the CrX4 instrument plugin by LinPlug.
Long awaited and carefully crafted GORE soundest has been designed for the soundtrack composers willing to enrich their compositions with the dark and depressing moods.
The set contains 200 presets meant for a creator of any gloomy movie or a game soundtrack. The bank is probably the scariest one for CrX4.
- 56 dark atmos.
- 23 drums from beyond.
- 27 alarming keyboards.
- 67 creepy synthesizers.
- 27 fearsome special effects.
- The set uses internal waveforms of CrX4.
- All the bank presets have Modwhele, Pitchbend and Aftertouch action applied (AT not included in drum presets).
The soundset is available to purchase for $20 USD.
More information: Daniel Stawczyk / GORE
LinPlug has announced the release of its CrX4 sample synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
CrX4 mixes up your samples in realtime like no other instrument. If you start with a kick sample you may end up with getting a fascinating pad from it, and you should not be astonished to get some punchy drums just from your vocal samples. Its CrX4, samples are only food for its versatile and unique engines, featuring 3 different specialized sample processing generators, an oscillator, a sophisticated noise generator and all the filters and modulations you expect from a fully fledged synthesizer.
LinPlug CrX4 (the lower part shows a mix of the LFO/Arpeggiator and Sample Window).
- Versatile architecture with 4 generators and 2 filters..
- Time-Sampler with independent real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting (which can be modulated).
- Wavetable Generator that offers wavetable operations on any sample (can be modulated).
- Loop Sampler Generator with loop-points and sample-start which can be modulated.
- Analogue-modeled Oscillator Generator.
- Versatile Noise Oscillator with many filter options.
- Free Filter with unique, continuously adjustable filter-type that can be modulated (LP->BP->HP->BR->LP).
- Powerful, editable arpeggiator with up to 32 steps.
- Sampler Generators support audio formats WAV and AIFF up to 24 bit/96 kHz.
- 2 analog-style multimode stereo filters.
- 7 ADSFR or AHDSR-type envelopes for various purposes.
- 4 LFOs (up to 275 Hz) with various options.
- Modulation Matrix with 10 routings.
- 23 modulation sources and 68 destinations.
- Recognizes all common MIDI Controllers.
- “MIDI Learn” function for easy controller assignment.
- 6 simultaneously available multi effect units.
- Mono/Polyphonic adjustable Portamento/Glide.
- 32-voice polyphony (CPU dependent).
CrX4 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $149 USD / 119 EUR including VAT if applicable. The upgrade from either CronoX 2 or 3 to CrX4 is $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: LinPlug / CrX4
LinPlug has announced it has reduced the prices of its soundsets.
All soundsets are now available at a reduced price, some sets only cost half of their original price. All soundsets (with exception of the Sophistry soundset) are now priced at 29 US$ (19 Euro in the EU).
Soundsets are available for Albino, Alpha, Octopus, RMV and CronoX 3.
LinPlug’s SaxLab and RMV instrument plugins have been updated.
Changes in SaxLab v2.1.3
- Version 213 fixes a potential crash and a number of smaller issues, so this is a recommended update for both users on Mac and PC.
Changes in RMV v5.0.8
- Fixed: Flanger might produce strange noise after many hours of work.
- Fixed: Sample Start/End might got lost when restoring songs.
- Fixed: MIDI browser crashed on prev/next before first file is loaded.
- Fixed: Location Dialog for missing samples had no valid Extension.
- Fixed: Slice relocation wont save new location to project/song.
- A couple of cosmetic fixes.
More information: LinPlug
LinPlug has announced new details on CrX4, a new version of the CronoX software synthesizer for Widows and Mac.
First of all, its name is CrX4. This symbolizes the major work on this new version: making CronoX more efficient. This includes many changes (in fact more than 100), many under the hood, many not obvious and a some obvious ones. The most dramatic change is certainly the new GUI including a number of editing help functions (copy, paste, init) for most modules, but also assembles all on one GUI page.
LinPlug’s CrX4 sample manipulation synthesizer instrument will be out soon.
New in CrX4
- Filter saturation can be modulated.
- Loaded loop sampler presets have samples now loaded successively (no gaps).
- Filter may be routed in serial or parallel.
- LFO’s speed can be modulated.
- Now up to 4 loop samplers.
- Master limiter.
- Envelopes switchable between ADSFR and AHDSR mode.
- Envelopes shape (lin…log) now individually adjustable for every phase.
- Switchable MIDI Program/bank change (may be disabled in setup).
- Chorus now with invert switch.
- Oscillators can be run up to +12 dB now.
- Oscillators allow +-5 octave pitch modulation now (+-3 or -2/+5 before).
- Oscillator FM and AM now with much wider range (more intensity).
- All-on-one-edit-page design.
- Larger sample display.
- Extended envelope parameter modulation (sustain, hold).
- LFO frequency range up to 275 Hz.
- New LFO waveforms (impulse, peak and random pulse).
- LFO onc-shot mode.
- Symmetry now working for LFO Noise too.
- New noise oscillator with double filter, pitching and crossmodulation.
- Reworked oscillator with variable aliasing (thus compatible with CronoX 2 and 3).
- Switchable CronoX 2 sound compatibility (automatically on loading CronoX 2 presets).
- Editing functions (typically load, save, copy, paste and init for many modules).
- All sample content comes now in WAV format (for easier processing outside CrX4).
- New preset browser with full size bank or patch view.
- MIDI-CC indicators next to preset name.
- Much reworked preset library including a whole bunch of new presets.
The price of CrX4 as well as the upgrade fee have not yet been fixed. All CronoX 3 orders from March 1st, 2012 on will get a free upgrade to CrX4.
LinPlug has also updated its SaxLab virtual saxophone instrument to version 2.1.2.
We are sorry for the delay of the 2 month ago announced version 2.1.2 of SaxLab, but its now finally available for both Mac and PC.
Changes in SaxLab v2.1.2
- 64bit version of AudioUnit and VST plugin for Mac.
- Added support for Mac OS X 10.7 invert mouse scroll
- Stability improvements (Mac version).
- Ended support for PowerPC G3 processors.
More information: LinPlug / CrX4