Voxengo has announced the release of version 4 of Elephant, a mastering limiter effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications. The most remarkable feature of this signal limiter is its sonic transparency. Elephant brings sound limiting and loudness maximization without audible “pumping” sonic artifacts.
Changes in Elephant v4.0
- Added a new “EL-4″ limiter mode, with less harmonic coloration.
- Added a new “Dynamic Release Control” limiter stage.
- Added a new “Timing” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release to Attack Ratio” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release Shape” limiter mode parameter.
- Added input level meter together with the threshold mark.
- Implemented the “Eval” limiter’s evaluation mode.
- Added the “Trans View” transient visualization.
- Made the “In Gain” and “Out Gain” knob ranges more practical.
- Magnified the “Out Gain” knob’s scale around 0 dB.
- Made changes to the “Trans Time” parameter stutter-free.
- The output statistics are now automatically reset if any parameter that influences the output statistics was changed.
- Added “EL-4″, “COMPACT” and “EXPANDED” factory limiter modes.
Elephant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99.95 USD until March 5th, 2014 (regular $119.95 USD). The upgrade from previous versions is $49.95 USD. A 180 day grace period upgrade is available free of charge.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant
IK Multimedia has launched T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5, featuring the first software version ever of Master EQ 432, the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus a new streamlined user experience process.
The Master EQ 432 is based on the Sontec 432 parametric mastering equalizer.
We are proud to announce the new T-RackS® Custom Shop update including the “holy grail” of mastering EQs, Master EQ 432. This latest update adds the first software version ever of the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus multiple enhancements of the T-RackS Custom Shop environment aimed at streamlining its usability for both previous and new users.
T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5 offers a unique mixing and mastering shell system that allows the user to have up to 26 of the world’s most sought-after outboard processors all available in one product for your DAW or desktop, both singularly or together, for the highest-end sonic experience.
The Master EQ 432 is available to purchase for 119.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / T-RackS Custom Shop
Loopbased has announced that its Online Mastering service is available again.
Back by popular demand, with the Loopbased Online Mastering service we are catering to music producers and labels looking for that professional treatment and the clean, full and warm sound.
Music mastering is the final step in the music making process that will bring your song up to the highest quality level possible. Our mastering engineer will apply several processes to your song which effect the entire song as a whole (sum mastering).
The online mastering service is available to purchase at 20 EUR per track.
More information: Loopbased / Online Mastering
Voxengo has released version 3.11 of Elephant, a mastering limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation and K-system metering.
Elephant’s built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization.
Changes in Elephant v3.11
- Added “dBFS.30″ and “dBFS.15″ metering options.
- The “Bypass” switch now bypasses all processing stages completely, including the dithering stage.
- Fixed minor spectral error when switching oversampling from 8X to 4X or from 4X to 2X.
- Added VST3 support.
The Elephant plug-in (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $119.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant
iMusicAlbum has launched version 2.0 of the Audio Mastering application for Apple’s iPad.
The first fully functional professional quality audio mastering application for iPad. For everyone who wants to take their final mixes to the next level.
Based on high-quality sound processing algorithms, this application turns your iPad into a real mastering studio.
Audio Mastering 2.0 comes with some new color schemes, including this light one.
Changes in Audio Mastering v2.0
- Fully updated 32-bit audio processing algorithms.
- Standard and Advanced processing control modes.
- Parametric equalizer in addition to graphic.
- Spectrum analyzer with switching connection points.
- Switchable crossover frequency for Stereo Imaging.
- Additional controls for Maximizer.
- Separate adjustment of input level reduction.
- Improved controls for presets.
- Compare mode for presets in each track.
- Inter-App Audio supported.
- New color schemes of visual interface.
- Built-in description updated.
The app is available to purchase for $12.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering
Minimal System has announced a limited time sale on its Mastering Limiter effect plug-in for Windows.
The Mastering Limiter from Minimal System is a high end audio processing advanced peak limiter designed to maximize both the level of the digital signal and the resolution of your final rendered file.
The Mastering Limiter’s lookahead peak limiter algorithm provides the mixing and mastering engineer with the capability to increase resolution and production master levels with precise control. Specifically designed for mastering, digital editing, multimedia, and any application that requires limiting of the digital signal with highest quality; the Mastering Limiter is perfect addition to your mixing and mastering tool set.
In order to ensure the maximum possible resolution of a processed signal, it is very highly recommended that the Mastering Limiter be used last in the processing chain.
The plug-in (Windows VST) is available to purchase for £7.50 GBP for 24 hours only (regular £14.99 GBP).
More information: Minimal System / Mastering Limiter
Positive Grid has created a new Mastering App and now open to collect feedback from mastering engineers, production gurus and iOS music enthusiasts.
The Mastering App consists of a mobile-first mastering suite from the ground up that combines nuanced techniques of mastering with Positive Grid’s expertise on mobile design.
Positive Grid is looking for experienced and talented individuals who want to join to shape this project and be a part of the beta testing program.
In exchange, beta testers will:
- Have exclusive access to early development of a groundbreaking app from one of the fastest growing music technology companies.
- Participate actively with Positive Grid’s engineering and product team, provide input and be in the front row of a Mastering App development process.
- Be featured in the final Mastering App credits.
- Receive a Mastering App promo code when released.
The beta program is available to those who have an iPad or iPad mini with iOS 7. Only 50 slots will be available.
More information: Positive Grid / Mastering App
Minimal System has launched Analogue Collection, a effect plugins bundle capturing the legendary sound of classic hardware.
Introducing the Analogue Mixing and Mastering Collection.
Comprising of a comprehensive analogue modelled channel strip and breakout 8 band EQ this collection contains two powerful tools that can be used on your channel and master busses for great sounding mixing and mastering.
Analogue Collection features
- Two plugins included – Analogue Channel Strip and Analogue EQ.
- Channel Strip comprises of an 8 band customisable EQ, Buss Compressor, Limiter, and Master section.
- Analogue EQ is an 8 band customisable EQ with Master section.
- EQ frequency range – 20hz to 20,000hz on each band.
- Each EQ band has +/-40dB of gain.
- Buss Compressor designed to ‘Glue’ track groups together. Can also be used effectively to ‘Glue’ the final mixdown.
- Signal flow of the Analogue Channel is as follows: EQ > Compressor > Limiter.
- Monitoring meters on both plugins showing input, output, and compression gain reduction.
- Analogue channel is perfect for buss channels or the master channel and can be used effectively for both mixing and mastering.
- Modelled on classic analogue hardware.
- Low CPU usage.
The Analogue Collection for Windows (VST) costs £29.99 GBP. It is available to purchase for at 50% off for the first 24 hours.
More information: Minimal System / Analogue Collection