Positive Grid has announced the release of Final Touch – Complete Mastering System for iPad, a suite that combines nuanced techniques of mastering with Positive Grid’s expertise on mobile design.
The Final Touch app offers the highest mastering control, precision and flexibility possible on an iPad.
“Final Touch allows musicians, producers and engineers to master audio recording with the industry’s standards: maximizer, pre and post equalizer, multiband dynamics, stereo imaging, reverb and dithering controls are all just one finger tap away”, says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And now they will be able to continue their mastering sessions literally anywhere, with the same sound quality as a top notch professional mastering studio, enhancing productivity to its maximum.”
Final Touch combines seven essential mastering tools into one integrated system, the Pre and Post linear phase EQ modules consist of eight independent bands, each providing a choice of five different types of parametric filters: Hi-Pass, Low-Shelf, Peak, Hi-Shelf and Low-Pass. The Dynamics module offer highly flexible stereo/mid-side multiband compressor/limiter. The Stereo Imaging module adjusts the width of your mix, corrects L/R channel imbalances and checks mono compatibility. The Reverb module offers flattering room, hall and plate algorithms to sweeten overly dry mixes, providing continuously variable controls for independently adjusting Pre-Delay, Decay Time, Early Reflections and Room Size. The Maximizer module limits peaks and raises the average level of your mix, thereby increasing loudness. Comprehensive dither and noise-shaping options are also provided in this module.
Once your master is perfectly dialed, a couple taps are all it takes to share it via email, Dropbox, iTunes and SoundCloud.
Final Touch features
- Complete professional mastering system powered by Positive Grid’s high-end signal-processing algorithms.
- Linear Phase Pre and Post Equalizers, each offering eight bands and five filter types.
- Multiband Dynamics with four independent bands of compression/limiting.
- Stereo Imager adjusts the width and balance of your mix’s soundstage.
- Reverb provides state-of-the-art Room, Hall and Plate algorithms.
- Maximizer transparently limits peaks to make your mix louder.
- Dithering and Noise-Shaping preserves your mix’s depth and nuance.
- Stereo and mid-side processing.
- High-resolution, multi-colored metering with accurate readouts.
- Each module can be independently bypassed.
- Bypass switches for individual EQ bands.
- Left, right, mid and side channels can be independently soloed or bypassed.
- Waveform overview of your mix, with draggable playback cursor.
- 100 factory presets and unlimited user presets.
- Global and module-based presets.
- Drag and drop modules to rearrange their order in the signal path.
- Pristine, high-resolution sound (double-precision, 64-bit calculation).
- Unmatched audio-data integrity: no rounding or truncation except when calculations are performed.
- Share via Email, Dropbox, iTunes, SoundCloud and FTP.
- Streamlined project management: browse multiple projects with one simple tap.
- Workflow optimized for mobile and desktop data transfers.
- Supports Inter App Audio and Audiobus routing system (works with many other audio apps).
- Supports iPad 2, iPad mini and newer iPad devices.
- Designed for iOS 7.
Final Touch for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid / Final Touch
Steinberg has announced WaveLab 8.5, a purchasable point update for the award-winning audio editing and mastering software.
Available from June, WaveLab 8.5 includes new and easy file conversion and batch processing, A/B comparison between encoding formats, AAC encoder implementation and convenient multi-format rendering.
“This update marks an important step forward for the eighth iteration of WaveLab, focusing this round on encoding and processing audio files in a most efficient way,” said Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
The new automated Watch Folder rendering feature applies processing to all audio files drag-and-dropped into designated folders. Users can now assign tasks, such as dithering, normalization, plug-in rendering and audio file format conversion, to any number of Watch Folders without having WaveLab open. Putting a big emphasis on working with codecs, WaveLab 8.5 sports the new Encoder Checker plug-in for real-time comparison of codecs and settings, with an FFT graph allowing for a precise analysis of the compressed sound quality. WaveLab now also supports encoding to the AAC file format to ensure compatibility with iTunes and related Apple hardware. Introducing new multi-format rendering capabilities facilitates exporting files to various formats simultaneously, and with much more ease than in previous versions.
The WaveLab 8.5 full retail version will be available from June 2014 as boxed version from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is 549 EUR, including German VAT.
The WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 plus further updates and upgrades will also be available from June 2014 as download through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for the WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 is 49.99 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab 8.5
Minimal System has launched MasterMix Buss Compressor, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
The MasterMix Buss Compressor is a has been a labour of love for us here at Minimal System and is designed for those producers looking to add the finishing touches to their latest masterpiece.
Modelled on legendary buss compressors from classic analogue consoles the MasterMix Buss Compressor is a mixing and mastering powerhouse.
MasterMix Buss Compressor features
- Analogue Modelled Buss Compressor.
- Designed for use on the Master Buss and also on sub-groups (Drum Groups, etc.).
- Tape simulator stage complete with tape hiss and saturation.
- Visual feedback.
- Functional and easy to use GUI Design.
- Low CPU usage.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows (VST), at the introductory price of £19.99 GBP (regular £29.99 GBP).
More information: Minimal System / MasterMix Buss Compressor
The Drum Broker has announced a new online mixing and mastering service by Manuel Roessler.
The Drum Broker has teamed up with one of our favorite and most referred Mixing & Mastering Engineers, Manuel Roessler to bring you some EXCLUSIVE Mixing and Mastering Packages.
Manuel has an excellent resume and sonically proven track record when it comes to mixing and mastering music for artists in the hip hop community (or industry). Having engineered for the likes of Reks, Slaine, Ruste Juxx, Hi-Tek, R.A. The Rugged Man, Lord Finesse, Rawkus Records, Soulspazm Records, Pete Rock, Guilty Simpson, Oh No, Scarface, Ed OG, Terminology, and MANY MORE!
The mastering service is available to purchase starting at $50 USD for the first song, with discounts offered when submitting multiple audio files in a single order. Mixing and mastering costs $150 per song.
More information: The Drum Broker / Mixing & Mastering service
Dangerous Music has announced the release of the Dangerous Compressor, a dual-mono/stereo compressor for tracking, mixing and mastering designed by legendary mastering gear guru Chris Muth.
The dangerous compressor was designed to be simple, transparent and powerful.
Built to the exacting standards of the mastering community, as with all things Dangerous, it has also proven indispensable for tracking and mixing. Tame a vocal, tighten a snare, crush a sampled loop or gently smooth a track- the compressor will rise to the occasion, providing rapid results, intuitive feedback and without coloration.
Like all Dangerous Music equipment, the compressor achieves musical, yet transparent results; in the words of producer and mixer Michael James (New Radicals, Hole, Robben Ford, L7, Edwin McCain, The Coronas) “The new Dangerous Compressor is a ‘must have’ in my world. It’s a refreshing complement to the currently fashionable boxes that indiscriminately add color to your sound-whether you want it or not.”
Dangerous Compressor features
- Hit your choice of buttons and twist the threshold for radio-ready results.
- Smart Dyn Dual Slope Detection: Automatically limits peaks while stealthily compressing the average.
- Auto Attack/Release: Replace “guess” with “yes” for rapid-fire results.
- Performs like an automated fader: No more drawing vocal rides.
- True Stereo Dual Detector: Traditional linking shares one detector, often resulting in a narrower stereo image.
- Immaculate VCA: Virtually no distortion, even with 20dB of gain reduction.
- Internal sidechain circuitry houses the audiophile soul of the compressor.
- Bass Cut: Tightens the track without sacrificing the low end.
- Sibilance Boost: Shave sibilance and shrill histrionics with zero post-compression hangover.
The new Dangerous Compressor is available through dealers worldwide for a street price of $2,799 USD.
More information: Dangerous Music / Dangerous Compressor
Voxengo has announced the release of version 4 of Elephant, a mastering limiter effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications. The most remarkable feature of this signal limiter is its sonic transparency. Elephant brings sound limiting and loudness maximization without audible “pumping” sonic artifacts.
Changes in Elephant v4.0
- Added a new “EL-4″ limiter mode, with less harmonic coloration.
- Added a new “Dynamic Release Control” limiter stage.
- Added a new “Timing” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release to Attack Ratio” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release Shape” limiter mode parameter.
- Added input level meter together with the threshold mark.
- Implemented the “Eval” limiter’s evaluation mode.
- Added the “Trans View” transient visualization.
- Made the “In Gain” and “Out Gain” knob ranges more practical.
- Magnified the “Out Gain” knob’s scale around 0 dB.
- Made changes to the “Trans Time” parameter stutter-free.
- The output statistics are now automatically reset if any parameter that influences the output statistics was changed.
- Added “EL-4″, “COMPACT” and “EXPANDED” factory limiter modes.
Elephant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99.95 USD until March 5th, 2014 (regular $119.95 USD). The upgrade from previous versions is $49.95 USD. A 180 day grace period upgrade is available free of charge.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant
IK Multimedia has launched T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5, featuring the first software version ever of Master EQ 432, the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus a new streamlined user experience process.
The Master EQ 432 is based on the Sontec 432 parametric mastering equalizer.
We are proud to announce the new T-RackS® Custom Shop update including the “holy grail” of mastering EQs, Master EQ 432. This latest update adds the first software version ever of the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus multiple enhancements of the T-RackS Custom Shop environment aimed at streamlining its usability for both previous and new users.
T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5 offers a unique mixing and mastering shell system that allows the user to have up to 26 of the world’s most sought-after outboard processors all available in one product for your DAW or desktop, both singularly or together, for the highest-end sonic experience.
The Master EQ 432 is available to purchase for 119.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / T-RackS Custom Shop