Time+Space has announced the Creative Christmas Challenge, a music production contest with prizes from Zero-G and Stardelta.
Planning on making some music over the Christmas holidays?
Time+Space have joined forces with sample library pioneers Zero-G and audio mastering specialists Stardelta, to launch this year’s Creative Christmas Challenge, giving you the chance to win some great prizes.
Zero-G have selected ten samples from their latest collection ‘Critical Mass’. Using a minimum of two of these samples (downloadable from Soundcloud), plus your own plugins, samples, live instruments or vocals, entrants need to create a track of at least three minutes in length and upload it to the Time+Space Soundcloud Contest page by 13th January 2014.
The track can be of any genre or style and after the closing date, Time+Space will shortlist at least 5 tracks and put them forward for the public vote.
The winner will have their track professionally mastered and cut to vinyl by the generous Stardelta Audio Mastering at their state of the art, world class facility in Devon, and receive a £50 gift voucher to spend on samples, plugins or virtual instruments at Time+Space. Two runners up will each win Zero-G’s Critical Mass sample library worth £60 and a £25 T+S gift voucher.
More information: Time+Space / Creative Christmas Challenge
Loopmasters has launched Logic Mix Essential Channel Strips Vol. 2, a collection of channel strip presets for Logic Pro by world class audio engineer, remixer, and musician, Colin Cameron Allrich.
Producer/Engineer Colin C. follows up his highly acclaimed Mix Essentials for Logic Pro with a brand new set of Channel Strips for Logic 9 and X! Logic Mix Essential Channel Strips Vol.2 continues the theme of Vol.1 with 75 brand new Channel Strips of mixing power designed to elevate your Logic productions to a professional level!
Logic Mix Essentials Vol.2 has been created to compliment Vol.2 and features an incredible palette of easy to load channel strips capable of everything from Mastering to Loop Annihilation, featuring handy mix tools such as single drum processing strips, aux sends, vocal processing channels, coupled with Colin’s personal signature compression & reverb mix enhancers and brand new Aux/Side processing to add dimension and punch to your mixes. Mix Essentials 2 also includes 15 new Channel Strips designed for loop enhancing and mangling which when paired with your favorite Loopmasters libraries will add a whole new creative level to your productions.
The Logic pack is available to purchase for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Logic Mix Essential Channel Strips 2
iZotope has released version 5.05b of Ozone and Ozone Advanced, the mastering tools for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools: Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds seven additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and a comprehensive suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone v5.05b
- Fixed intermittent crash in Pro Tools 11 on Windows 64-bit systems.
- Fixed crash on Windows related to Fonts.
- Fixed unresponsive Authorization Wizard when opening Pro Tools 11 sessions that include a demo of Ozone or Insight.
- Fixed a 64 bit AAX bug where some list items wouldn’t stay selected. For example, if trying to select IRC II in the Maximizer, the selection would skip back to IRC I.
Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced are available to purchase for $249 and $999 USD respectively.
More information: iZotope / Ozone
Producertech has announced Mastering in the Box with Ableton Live, a video tutorial course from Zeitgeist Mastering.
This course achieves what no one thought was possible, including the person that made it! Producertech tutor Nick D’Ombrain, owner of Zeitgeist Mastering, has surprised himself with the outstanding results that can be achieved by mastering using only the devices that come with Ableton Live 9.
Currently residing in Berlin, Nick has worked with a huge number of impressive names from the music industry – Alex Smoke, Sascha Braemer, Orbital, D- Unity and Eric Volta to name but a few. With his vast array of predominantly high end plug-in mastering tools, limiting himself to Live 9′s devices seemed an impossible task. However, as 8 hours of quality tutorials proves, professional results are entirely possible, and this course shows you how!
Accompanying the tutorials is a Live Template Set, containing a giant Mastering Rack, constructed throughout the course, so students can open up the session and import their own tracks to get going straight away. In addition, there is a written Pro Tips Guide, a Mastering Flow Diagram and 8 Custom Mastering Weapons (Live Racks), which include an Aphex-style Exciter, a Bass Maximiser and various Stereo Enhancement Effects.
The course is now available to purchase at Music-Courses.
More information: Music-Courses / Mastering with Ableton Live
iZotope has announced a Holiday pricing on its bundles.
If you’re eager to improve your studio tools or itching to get more creative, now’s the perfect time to take advantage of iZotope’s multi-product bundles, with extra-special holiday pricing through December 31st.
- Creative Bundle $499 USD – Celebrate great savings by getting Stutter Edit, Iris+7, Trash 2 and two Trash Expansions all at once. Ideal for inspiring new directions in music and sound design (and for creative destruction of the end result), the Creative Bundle will revolutionize your sound, again and again and again.
- Mix & Master Bundle $349 USD – Polish your sound with iZotope’s Mix & Master Bundle. Includes Alloy 2 and Ozone 5.
- Studio Bundle $399 USD – Polish your sound and sweeten your vocals with the Studio Bundle. Includes Alloy 2, Ozone 5 and Nectar 2.
- Studio & Repair Bundle $549 USD – Arm your studio for success with iZotope’s Studio & Repair Bundle. Includes Alloy 2, Ozone 5, Nectar 2 and RX 3.
- Studio & Repair Bundle with RX 3 Advanced $999 USD – Get advanced repair tools with the Advanced Studio & Repair Bundle. Includes Alloy 2, Ozone 5, Nectar 2 and RX 3 Advanced.
Offers valid through December 31st, 2013.
More information: iZotope / iZotope Bundles
Sound Magic has announced Neo MasterTool, an effect plug-in for mastering.
Neo MasterTool is a multi-bands, multi process mastering system, which provides different effect processing for mastering within one plugin.
By obtaining Neo MasterTool, you can get all weapons needed for mastering in one plugin.
Neo MasterTool features
- Flexible 5 band fully parametric EQ.
- Multi-Bands Compressor/Expander.
- Bass and High Dynamic Enhancer.
- Bass and High Psychoacoustic Harmonic Enhancer.
- Custom designed quad mode, multi-band Spatial Enhancer.
- Brickwall limiter.
- Different processing mode includes Stereo Mode and M/S Mode.
- Comprehensive metering system.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for 119 EUR / $149 USD / £109 GBP.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo MasterTool
, Paul White
, Sample Magic
, Sound On Sound
, tips and tricks
Posted in news
on Nov 05, 2013 - 0 comments
Sample Magic has announced a fully interactive iPad Edition of Paul White’s Producer’s Manual, an essential recording and production resource.
First published in 2011, Sound On Sound editor-in-chief Paul White’s Producer’s Manual became an instant best-seller.
Now the team behind the book present this all-new and expanded iPad edition featuring all of the original content across 320+ immersive pages alongside over an hour’s worth of video walkthroughs direct from Paul’s studio, fully enlargeable photos, diagrams and an expansive glossary.
Every paragraph from the original book has been ported into this beautiful looking, easy to use app, a scrollable reference manual that covers all aspects of recording and production music, including:
- all you need to get great recordings, from vocals and drums to guitars and bands,
- in-depth guides to dynamics, reverb, studio acoustics, monitoring and more,
- taking your mix to the next level. Essential jargon-free theory backed by practical insights on everything from EQ through mixdown approaches to classic hardware, and
- how to master your own material when the budget doesn’t stretch to professional mastering.
The Producer’s Manual iPad Edition is available to download for £14.90 GBP from Apple Store.
More information: Sample Magic / Producer’s Manual iPad Edition