Monoplugs has released version 1.2 of B-Step Sequencer, a melodic, chord based step sequencer, now also available as a standalone app for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The standalone version of B-Step you can sync via MIDI Clock to your DAW or MIDI hardware. Also you can run the sequencer as MIDI Clock master and sync your devices to B-Step.
In B-Step Sequencer 1.2 Monoplugs have improved the chord editor, added some new features to the sequencer and cleaned up a lot of things to make it much more usable than before.
Now you can import/export your projects, MIDI controller maps, chord sets and presets from/to file and share them between the standalone and VST version or with your friends.
Changes in B-Step Sequencer v1.2
- Stop playing notes if playback stops.
- Add Error messages if a MIDI port is not able to open (have a look in our forum to fix issues on Windows).
- MIDI learn map will not loaded correctly.
- MIDI Thru bug.
- Restore MIDI ports on reopen B-Step.
- Sequencer Settings:
- Add clock thru option in standalone.
- Add export/import project files.
- Add export/import chord presets.
- Add export/import MIDI maps.
- Add some project presets & chord presets.
- Sequencer Features:
- Add mute-chain | you can now play empty bars or mute a bar in the chain.
- Add master track octave offset rotaries.
- Add what’s the next bar in the chain marker.
- Add panic button.
- MIDI learn (new design):
- Add Feedback.
- Change the editor layout and MIDI learn handling.
- User Interface:
- Clean up settings editor.
- Clean up main interface.
- Add tree different colour setups.
- Remove step was enabled marker.
- Add bar copy support (hold down one bar button (source) and click a other bar button (target)).
- Change default MIDI channel to 1.
B-Step Sequencer is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: Monoplugs
audiowerkstatt has announced the release of midi-restarter, a device for controlling your MIDI-slave gear.
The midi-restarter helps you to start or stop your MIDI-slave independent of your MIDI-master, but always in perfect synchronisation.
You push the buttom and the audiowerkstatt midi-restarter sends a MIDI-start/stop-message at the beginning of the next bar to ensure that all following MIDI-devices run in the correct timing.
The midi-restarter is available for purchase for 139 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: audiowerkstatt
The Loop Loft has announced its Spring Sale, offering a 40% discount on all its packs and bundles for a limited time.
Huge Savings Start Today
Things are finally warming up and we’re celebrating with The Spring Sale. Save 40% on EVERYTHING in your cart. Just use the code below at checkout:
Discount Code: SPRING40
Want to save up to 75%? Use the discount code with any of our bundles!
The sale ends May 1st, 2014, 12:00am ET.
More information: The Loop Loft
Image-Line has announced the release of an alpha preview version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio customers you can now download the FL Studio 12 ALPHA-PREVIEW to give us feedback about the extensive workflow changes.
What’s this for?
We are looking for feedback about some of the major changes in workflow that have been made so far. Please try it out and let us know what you think of how it works. We’re not really looking for bug reports, at this time.
Changes in FL Studio 12 (alpha preview)
- Browser – The Browser has changed (now with category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click).
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu has moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper.
- Interface – Vectorial user interface. See Options > General Settings > GUI display.
- Per Channel Swing – The Channel Settings now has a ‘swing multiplier’ amount.
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now we deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Stepsequences are now interchangable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation has changed.
The alpha preview version (currently only 32-bit) is available to download to registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12 alpha preview
The Loop Loft has released Funk Drums 2, a new MIDI loops pack.
Your DAW is about to get much, much funkier. Funk Drums Vol 2 – MIDI Drum Loops gives you instant access to seven complete sessions of ultra-funky drum grooves inspired heavily by James Brown, Funkadelic, The Meters, Daft Punk & D’Angelo.
The result? Loops that feel great and incredibly “alive”, while giving you complete control over the drum sounds. Just drag, drop and dance.
The MIDI pack is available for $29 USD.
Funk Drums 2 is also included in the MIDI Drum Loop Bundle, which now includes 13 MIDI packs at a 50% discount over a purchase of individual packs.
More information: The Loop Loft / Funk Drums 2
eaReckon has announced version 1.2.0 of MIDI Polysher, a free MIDI utility plug-in for Windows and Mac.
MIDI Polysher is a free VST plugin primarly designed for eaReckon BloXpander users (but it works with other compatible VST host software). BloXpander is now provided with its own full-featured MIDI filter and therefore, BloXpander users do not really need this plug-in anymore.
Changes in MIDI Polysher v1.2.0
- Two new Key Range modes:
- The Free mode can be used to filter the keys of your choice (by selecting them on the on-screen keyboard).
- The Nearest mode lets you define a set of unwanted keys. If one of them is “pressed” (from MIDI), the nearest non-filtered note will be played.
The plug-in is available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST).
More information: eaReckon / MIDI Polysher
CoolSoft has released version 1.9.0 of VirtualMIDISynth, a software MIDI synthesizer implemented as a Windows multimedia user driver, accessible as a standard MIDI Out device.
Version 1.9.0 adds a long waited (and popular) feature: *reverb and chorus* settings.
These settings are not “live”, they must be set through *Configurator -> Options* tab, so a VirtualMIDISynt restart is needed. (I suppose this is the best implementation because (usually) these settings are sent through SYSEX messages at the beginning of a song, not during play).
Changes in VirtualMIDISynth v1.9.0
- NEW: Configurator settings for Reverb & Chorus effects level.
- NEW: Configurator setting to override Reverb & Chorus SYSEXes received from MIDI (and force our custom levels).
- NEW: Updated BASS to version 2.4.10 and BASSMIDI to 2.4.8
- NEW: Added Magyar language support (thanks to Nádasdi Zsolt)
- NEW: New setup commandline option “/skip_os_check” to let it run on misdetected systems.
VirtualMIDISynth is a free download for Windows.
More information: CoolSoft
n-Track Software has released version 3.4 of its n-Track Studio for iPhone, iPad & iPod.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
Changes in n-Track Studio v3.4
- Multitrack Piano-roll: display and edit multiple MIDI tracks at the same time.
- The MIDI keyboard now optionally doubles to show two separate keyboards that can output to separate tracks/instruments.
- The new Level Meter lets you precisely adjust and monitor the recording.
- Import multiple files from Dropbox.
- The save command can now export MIDI tracks as MIDI files.
- Fixed sometimes Audiobus channels names do not match the actual audio.
- The metronome now allows to enter fractional BPM tempos.
n-Track Studio is available from the App Store for $7.99 USD.
More information: n-Track Software / n-Track Studio