, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features.
Both plug-ins can now load more VST and Audio Unit plug-ins (fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins manufacturers). For improved interoperability between systems, plug-ins’ state are now retained even if the plug-ins are missing, and VST plug-ins can be relocated if moved.
The new PatchWork 1.5 plug-in also supports MIDI FX Audio Units and can be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X to quickly build complex MIDI effects chains (full change list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.5 / MB-7 Mixer v2.4
- New Features for both plug-ins:
- Missing VST plug-ins can now be relocated if not found.
- The plug-in now saves missing plug-ins’ state so that they can be restored later.
- New Features for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- The Audio Unit can now be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X.
- MIDI FX Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for both plug-ins:
- Fixed issue on Mac when loading sessions created on Windows using VST plug-ins in sub-directories.
- Fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins that used to crash when unloaded (Image Line, MeldaProduction, Catanya…).
- VST Plug-in name is now displayed when loaded from a missing VST shell bundle (instead of just the name of the bundle).
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when using keyboard shortcuts in the host application to switch between plug-ins or tracks.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- (Mac) Fixed parameters not available for mapping when Audio Unit bridged with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
- (Mac) Fixed parameters mapped with wrong range for some Audio Units (u-he, AAS…).
- (Mac) Fixed parameter changes sent from host not visible in the user interface for some Audio Units (u-he…).
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.4:
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 2.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD. Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer costs 99 EUR / $129 USD. Prices excl. VAT.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
More posts that match this tag
Mackie has introduced the DL32R, a powerful new 32-channel digital mixing system completely controlled wirelessly from Mackie’s intuitive Master Fader iPad app. The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track … read more
Avid has introduced the Pro Tools | S3 desktop control surface, a streamlined, versatile mixing solution that gives sound engineers the powerful, intelligent control they need to work more ergonomically and efficiently, create the highest-quality … read more
Avid has announced the release of Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic, two new Avid Artist Suite series audio plug-ins that help audio professionals quickly and easily create optimized audio mixes that stand out from … read more
Mackie has announced the launch of its new Mix Series of compact mixers. Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. Designed to maintain great sounding audio from any source, the new … read more
Solid State Logic has announced the XL-Desk, a modern twist on the classic analogue studio console. XL-Desk is designed for tracking or mixing engineers who require the sonic and workflow benefits of an analogue console … read more
Algoriddim has released version 2.6 of djay 2 for iOS, a DJ mixing app featuring new content, new MIDI controller support, improved Spotify integration and lots of other improvements. djay transforms your iPad into a … read more
Native Instruments has announced Traktor Kontrol S8, its new flagship all-in-one DJ controller. Shot on location in Ibiza, a new video features high profile artists offering their first impressions of TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 and serves … read more
Toontrack has launched the Reggae EZmix Pack, a collection of EZmix 2 presets for reggae music production. In this EZmix pack, Toontrack teamed up with Sweden’s premier reggae studio of the past three decades, Rub-a-Dub … read more
Avid has announced the VENUE | S3L-X compact live sound system, building on the success of the Avid | S3L system to deliver on the Avid Everywhere vision. With the new system, live sound professionals … read more
Based on the StudioLive AI-series engine and controlled with battle-ready UC Surface software for Mac, Windows, and iOS, the StudioLive RM16AI and RM32AI 32x16x3 rack-mount Active Integration digital mixers are scalable, compact, and 100 percent … read more
Serato has announced the release of version 1.7 of its Serato DJ software. Serato DJ 1.7 includes Serato Flip and Serato DVS Expansion Packs, new hardware and Official Serato Accessory support, library optimization, the introduction … read more
Native Instruments has released version 1.5 of Traktor DJ, a DJ mixing app for iOS. Create mixes in seconds with TRAKTOR DJ for iOS. Touch and manipulate music as waveforms on your iOS device using … read more
Time+Space has announced the release of new EZmix 2 Complete Production Bundles. EZmix 2 provides the tools to get the perfect sound for every instrument mix situation and now with the ‘Complete Production Bundle’ users … read more
Sample Magic has announced the release of a collection of Logic racks for mixing and a new sample pack by Radio Slave. Logic Magic Racks: Mix Essentials Compiled by Logic expert and long-time SM sound … read more
Native Instruments has launched READY.SET.PRO., a limited-time offer on the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 decks and effects controller and TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 – the compact DJ mixing interface. Until August 31, 2014, a full version of … read more
Outbound link: Native Instruments
– Related: controller
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Aug 05, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a public beta of Deckadance Solo. Deckadance Solo is a single deck from Deckadance 2, in native FL Studio plugin format. This means Deckadance Solo can be controlled from the Piano roll … read more
Serato has introduced Serato Flip, a new Expansion Pack for Serato DJ that allows you to create custom edits, extend and re-imagine your music. Available this September with Serato DJ 1.7 – Flip allows you … read more
SKnote has announced Agata, a hardware micro console unit for tracking, summing, mixing and processing. Agata features 8 input channels, with link option for more units. 8 individual output channels. Stereo mix buss. British input … read more
Sample Magic has announced the release of two new sound packs. Mixing & Mastering is a new Ableton Magic Racks title, featuring 5 custom Ableton Racks for dance mixing and mastering. Five all-new Ableton racks … read more