Mixvibes has released version 2.0 of Cross DJ for iOS, a major new version of the DJ app for iPad and iPhone, bringing in fresh graphics, a redesigned layout and an all-new waveform view.
Real DJing on iPad: Turn your iPad into a complete DJ system! Mix your iTunes tracks in perfect sync, add effects, loops and more. Automix your songs for non-stop music. Record your set and share it on SoundCloud. Music lovers, mix at your next party and impress your friends. Pro DJs, Cross DJ uses the same engine as Pioneer’s rekordbox. It’s like having 2 CDJs in your pocket.
Changes in Cross DJ v2.0.5
- New interface
- Geometric shapes and clean textures.
- Bigger EQs, larger pads, full display of artwork on the decks.
- 2 main colors, consistent with Mixvibes graphic identity.
- Faster app runtime & 50% smaller app size.
- Hardware-inspired layout
- EQ visible all the time.
- Separate tabs: swipe to display a different tab on each deck (e.g FX + loops).
- Bigger and more accurate pitch-bend zone.
- Waveform view
- Hit the sync meter to access this new view.
- Pitch sliders for tempo control.
- Pitch-bend mode for nudging..
- Beat grid editing made simple: double or halve BPM with 1 button.
For a limited time, Cross DJ for iPad and iPhone is available at a 30% discount in a Christmas Sale. The update is free for all current users.
More information: Mixvibes
ADSR Sounds has introduced How To Mix Electronic Dance Music – A practical Guide, a video tutorial course on mixing EDM.
Got the basics of your track down but struggling to get the mix right?
Forget reading manuals and focusing solely on the theory – The best way to learn how to mix is to jump right in! In this course, complex concepts are made easy by demonstration allowing you to practice and perfect as you watch and, more importantly, do! Gain the knowledge you need to create clean songs with every sounds sitting perfectly in the mix not fighting for frequency.
This comprehensive course gives you professional, high-quality guidance right in your own home studio.
The course is available for purchase for $12.49 USD.
More information: ADSR / Mixing – A practical Guide
MOTU has announced it is now shipping Monitor 8, a monitor mixer, headphone amp, and audio interface.
Monitor 8 is a 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amplifier and USB/AVB audio interface with console-style 48-channel mixing and DSP effects. With exceptional analog audio quality based on the award-winning design of MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A AVB interfaces, Monitor 8 can serve as a primary audio interface and monitor mixer in the studio, as a complete monitoring solution for live performance, or as a dedicated monitoring component of a MOTU AVB audio network system.
“Monitor 8 is a one-stop solution for high-quality stereo monitoring through speakers, headphones, and in-ear systems,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU. “With large console-style mixing and Wi-Fi control, Monitor 8 is equally well suited for both studio operation and live performance situations.”
Monitor 8 features
- Three products in one — 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amp and USB/AVB audio interface.
- Superb audio quality — Employs the same award-winning analog design as MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
- 24 inputs and 8 stereo bus outputs — Mix 24 physical inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and 32 AVB audio network channels to eight stereo bus outputs (Main, Aux, and monitor groups A thru F). Inputs include 8 channels of balanced (TRS) analog and 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical.
- Six monitor groups with flexible outputs — Each group provides multiple mirrored outputs, including 2x 1/4-inch phones (front and rear panel), summed 1/4-inch mono out for stage monitors, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo 1/4-inch outs.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to a computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the Monitor 8 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the Monitor 8’s powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live show monitor mixing.
- AudioDesk 4.0 — Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
Monitor 8 is available for purchase for $995 USD.
More information: MOTU / Monitor 8
Serato has released version 1.7.2 of its Serato DJ professional DJ software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ delivers all the features and performance to meet the demands of DJs at the top of their game and sets the new standard for controller DJs. Our best feature set for all-in-one controllers.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.7.2
- Support for OS X Yosemite — Now with official support for OS X Yosemite.
- MIDI Output Lighting — Map various features to your secondary MIDI controller and have the LED’s illuminate in response to your actions. Create custom mappings that are highly visible in the club.
- Sticker Lock — Keep your routines tight with Sticker Lock. A new feature based on a Scratch Live feature that allows you to place a sticker on your control vinyl that will line up exactly when your track starts or cue points everytime. Combine this feature with drop to cue and instant doubles for more control without having to look at the screen.
- Instant start for motorised platters — Instant Start feature added for all controllers with motorised platters. To enable, turn your controllers start time knob to the zero position.
- Support for Remote 1.2 — Serato Remote 1.2 introduces PLAY, SYNC, QUANTIZE and CUE POINT NAME DISPLAY features to all Serato DJ users. Along with some quality and stability improvements. Play & pause tracks, activities sync and toggle quantize directly from Serato Remote without having to touch your laptop or controller. Know exactly what cue you’re triggering with Cue point names and colors inherited directly from Serato DJ.
- Various maintenance and bug fixes, details here.
Serato DJ is available for purchase for $129 USD.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ
, analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Meldaproduction has announced the release of MCompare, an A/B referencing solution for mixing and mastering.
MCompare is the ultimate reference tool for mixing and mastering allowing you to quickly compare your audio to any audio file and stages of your processing chain, and saves you from loudness deception.
MCompare is the only plugin that lets you compare your master to the chosen reference tracks, dry mix, different stages of your mastering chaing and even different versions of your mastering chain. All in a single instance, where everything is one click away. It just cannot be any easier.
- The most advanced user interface on the market – stylable, resizable, GPU accelerated.
- Unique visualisation engine with classic meters and time graphs.
- M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing….
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE/SSE2/SSE3 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange.
- Supports VST, VST3, AU and AAX interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- No dongle nor internet access is required for activation.
- Free-for-life updates.
MCompare is available for the introductory price of 29 EUR. It is free for MTotalBundle, MasteringBundle and MMixingBundle users.
Meldaproduction has also updated all its effect plug-ins and MPowerSynth to version 8.09, providing several optimizations, improvements and fixes.
Changes in version 8.09
- MCompare plugin has been released.
- Added sample-accurate event processing for both MIDI and automation.
- ADSR tremolo settings are now available even in custom shape mode.
- Added crest meter to MMultiBandLimiter, MDynamicsLimiter and MUltraMaximizer.
- Added Basic GPU acceleration mode, which provides basic acceleration even for older incompatible GPUs.
- Fix: Equalizer auto-listen feature caused the filters to stay in “listen” mode until moved again or panicked.
- Fix: AGC didn’t work accurately for plugins with latency.
- Fix: AAX versions didn’t load up correctly in existing ProTools projects for some stereo plugins and surround configurations.
- Fix: Linear-phase equalizers did delay channels 3-8 in surround mode in some hosts until the mode has been changed.
- MPowerSynth – Added sample-accurate event processing for both MIDI and automation.
- MPowerSynth – Added audition button useful to audition current sound by sending note on/offs.
- MPowerSynth – ADSR tremolo settings are now available even in custom shape mode.
- MPowerSynth – Added Basic GPU acceleration mode, which provides basic acceleration even for older incompatible GPUs.
- MPowerSynth – Fix: Equalizer auto-listen feature caused the filters to stay in “listen” mode until moved again or panicked.
More information: Meldaproduction
More posts that match this tag
Loopmasters has launched Tech House V4, a new DJ MixTools series pack featuring a fresh collection of inspiring Progressive House and Tech samples assembled into 4 full tracks ready to mix, remix and blend into … read more
Hal Leonard has announced it has published Mixing and Mastering with Pro Tools 11 and Producing Music with Pro Tools 11, two new Quick Pro Guides by certified Pro Tools trainer Greg Lorbecki and Avid … read more
pureMix has announced a Mixing Contest, offering a chance to mix Mouche by Banda Magda for a chance to win the AirEQ plug-in by Eiosis. We are delighted to launch this new Mixing Contest. The … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of the Colin Richardson EZmix Pack, the third product for the company’s annual Metal Month. This collection of mix tools for EZmix 2 was designed by Richardson himself and based … read more
Mackie has announced the availability of Master Fader v3.0, a free controller app for all Mackie DL Series mixers (DL32R, DL1608, and DL806). With massive upgrades built specifically for professional applications, Master Fader v3.0 not … read more
Toontrack has announced that the fifth edition of its annual Metal Month will be launched on October 31st. The month will include seven new metal related product releases, starting today with two new bundle titles … read more
Ghostwave Audio has released version 1.5 of MixRight, a track comparison utility for Native Instruments Reaktor 5. MixRight is a Native Instruments Reaktor 5 ensemble designed as the easiest way to compare your current mix … read more
ADSR Sounds has released the Traktor Beginner’s Guide, a video tutorial course on the Traktor DJ software by Native Instruments. Get Started with Traktor. Everything you need to start mixing today. Want to learn how … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features. Both plug-ins can now load more VST and … read more
Outbound link: Blue Cat Audio
– Related: AAX
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Mackie has introduced the DL32R, a powerful new 32-channel digital mixing system completely controlled wirelessly from Mackie’s intuitive Master Fader iPad app. The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track … read more
Avid has introduced the Pro Tools | S3 desktop control surface, a streamlined, versatile mixing solution that gives sound engineers the powerful, intelligent control they need to work more ergonomically and efficiently, create the highest-quality … read more
Avid has announced the release of Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic, two new Avid Artist Suite series audio plug-ins that help audio professionals quickly and easily create optimized audio mixes that stand out from … read more
Mackie has announced the launch of its new Mix Series of compact mixers. Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. Designed to maintain great sounding audio from any source, the new … read more
Solid State Logic has announced the XL-Desk, a modern twist on the classic analogue studio console. XL-Desk is designed for tracking or mixing engineers who require the sonic and workflow benefits of an analogue console … read more
Algoriddim has released version 2.6 of djay 2 for iOS, a DJ mixing app featuring new content, new MIDI controller support, improved Spotify integration and lots of other improvements. djay transforms your iPad into a … read more