, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features.
Both plug-ins can now load more VST and Audio Unit plug-ins (fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins manufacturers). For improved interoperability between systems, plug-ins’ state are now retained even if the plug-ins are missing, and VST plug-ins can be relocated if moved.
The new PatchWork 1.5 plug-in also supports MIDI FX Audio Units and can be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X to quickly build complex MIDI effects chains (full change list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.5 / MB-7 Mixer v2.4
- New Features for both plug-ins:
- Missing VST plug-ins can now be relocated if not found.
- The plug-in now saves missing plug-ins’ state so that they can be restored later.
- New Features for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- The Audio Unit can now be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X.
- MIDI FX Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for both plug-ins:
- Fixed issue on Mac when loading sessions created on Windows using VST plug-ins in sub-directories.
- Fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins that used to crash when unloaded (Image Line, MeldaProduction, Catanya…).
- VST Plug-in name is now displayed when loaded from a missing VST shell bundle (instead of just the name of the bundle).
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when using keyboard shortcuts in the host application to switch between plug-ins or tracks.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- (Mac) Fixed parameters not available for mapping when Audio Unit bridged with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
- (Mac) Fixed parameters mapped with wrong range for some Audio Units (u-he, AAS…).
- (Mac) Fixed parameter changes sent from host not visible in the user interface for some Audio Units (u-he…).
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.4:
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 2.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD. Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer costs 99 EUR / $129 USD. Prices excl. VAT.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
Mackie has introduced the DL32R, a powerful new 32-channel digital mixing system completely controlled wirelessly from Mackie’s intuitive Master Fader iPad app.
The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track recording/playback.
“Early on, Mackie believed that we can bring the user incredible benefits if we just let go of old conventions,” commented Ben Olswang, Mackie Senior Product Manager. “By ensuring that each and every feature can be controlled wirelessly without compromise, we are delivering benefits to users that were simply not possible before now.”
The Mackie DL32R features a mix of flexible, professional I/O in an ultra-compact 3U rackmount design. Each of the 32 inputs (24 XLR, 8 XLR/TRS combo) feature Mackie’s all-new Onyx+™ recallable mic preamps, with remote control over preamp gain and phantom power. The new Onyx+ preamps outperform the industry-proven Onyx design, which has garnered rave reviews for its boutique-quality sound and performance.
The DL32R 32-channel wireless digital mixer with iPad control will be available worldwide in Q4, 2014, priced at a MSRP of $2499.99 USD.
More information: Mackie / DL32R
Avid has introduced the Pro Tools | S3 desktop control surface, a streamlined, versatile mixing solution that gives sound engineers the powerful, intelligent control they need to work more ergonomically and efficiently, create the highest-quality mixes, and expand mixing capabilities and job opportunities.
When used together, Avid Pro Tools | S3 and Pro Tools | Software—both part of the Avid Artist Suite of creative tools powered by the Avid MediaCentral Platform—deliver the most streamlined, economical, and tightly integrated approach to mixing and recording in smaller-sized studios or mobile settings.
“In today’s competitive post and music mixing environment, shrinking budgets and tighter schedules are commonplace,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “To succeed, audio professionals need to streamline and accelerate their workflow, as well as broaden the scope and capabilities of their mixing solutions to handle the most sophisticated projects. The affordable Pro Tools | S3 delivers the power, efficiency, and versatility engineers need to deliver fast turnarounds in the most demanding environments.”
The Pro Tools | S3 control surface is designed to help sound engineers:
- Expand mixing capabilities, and take on a diverse range of projects: Based on the award-winning Pro Tools | S6 control surface, the S3 features open integration with Pro Tools | Software and other EUCON-enabled digital audio workstations like Logic Pro, Cubase, and more.
- Meet strict project deadlines: By combining traditional console layout with the proven advancements of the S6, Pro Tools | S3 delivers highly intuitive recording, editing, and mixing control—along with the power and efficiency to meet fast turnaround times.
- Mix on-the-go: The compact form factor fits into any space, making Pro Tools | S3 ideal for small project studios or on-the-go music and post mixing.
- Work the way they want: Engineers can customize the surface to their unique needs by creating custom channel layouts, all recallable at any time. Pro Tools | S3 can switch between two applications with ease, giving users the choice to work however they want, and the capability to take on the largest, most demanding mixes.
- Fit well into any studio and workflow: Pro Tools | S3 easily integrates with solutions across the Avid MediaCentral Platform, as well as a studio’s existing systems and workflows to deliver deep hardware/software integration and control at a fraction of the price of high-end consoles.
Pro Tools | S3 features
- 16 channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorized fader and 10-segment signal level meter (supports up to 6 fader banks).
- 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders for panning, gain control, plug-in parameter adjustments, and more (16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a tricolor LED function indicator.
- 32 high-resolution OLED displays for viewing track names/numbers, detailed metering data (from mono to 5.1 surround), parameter names/values, current automation mode, and more.
- Solo, mute, channel select, and record/automation-enable keys on every channel
- Touch strip provides easy access to transport controls.
- Dozens of dedicated buttons and switches for navigation, automation, control assignment, and software control.
- Built-in 4×6 AVB Core Audio interface includes 2 XLR mic/line inputs, 2 TRS line inputs, 2 XLR line outputs, 2 TRS line outputs, and a stereo headphone output.
Avid Pro Tools | S3 will be available November 2014 through Avid resellers worldwide.
More information: Avid / Pro Tools | S3
Avid has announced the release of Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic, two new Avid Artist Suite series audio plug-ins that help audio professionals quickly and easily create optimized audio mixes that stand out from the crowd.
The new Avid Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic audio plug-ins, part of the newly expanded Pro Series, deliver on Avid Everywhere™ by giving customers the efficient, flexible, and high-quality tools they need to quickly and easily create optimized audio mixes that stand out from the crowd.
Avid Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic are designed for professionals who demand the highest-quality tools for audio post and music production. These new plug-ins build on the openness and flexibility that are key tenets of Avid Everywhere, featuring compatibility with AAX Native 64, AAX DSP 64, and AudioSuite 64 formats for Pro Tools® | HDX, Pro Tools | Native, and other systems running Pro Tools 11 and higher.
These new plug-ins join the existing Pro Compressor, Pro Expander, and Pro Limiter options to form a complete suite of audio processing tools that offer professionals a powerful, easy way to handle complex audio post sessions and low-latency monitoring during multi-track recording sessions. Additionally, Avid Pro Series plug-ins are capable of working with 7.1 surround sound formats, enabling users to efficiently create the high-quality, complex mixes that clients today demand.
“The world’s leading audio professionals use Pro Series plug-ins to create high-quality mixes in the most demanding music and audio post-production environments,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “The new Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic plug-ins help customers take on the most demanding projects with even greater power and flexibility, and deliver high-quality mixes faster and easier than ever.”
The plug-ins are available for purchase for MSRP $299 USD, 239 EUR excluding VAT. Rental pricing: 31-day rental $49 USD, 7-day rental $19 USD.
More information: Avid
Mackie has announced the launch of its new Mix Series of compact mixers.
Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. Designed to maintain great sounding audio from any source, the new line of compact mixers offer a feature set perfect for smaller applications. Building on Mackie’s impressive 25-year history of designing reliably rugged mixers, the new Mix Series delivers proven sound quality and straightforward features that don’t compromise in performance.
“Not every application is complex. Sometimes you just need to get the audio from point A to point B, but that doesn’t mean you should have to sacrifice on quality,” commented Matt Redmon, Mackie Sr. Product Manager. “That’s why we’ve given users a new choice – an affordable mixer series with the Mackie stamp of approval, so users on a budget never have to compromise.”
The Mix5, Mix8 and Mix12FX compact mixers feature the right mix of I/O, EQ and routing for applications that don’t require a lot of inputs or multiple racks of output. Ideal for singer/songwriters, small band rehearsals or instrumentalists on the go, Mix Series mixers deliver high-quality Mackie preamps and electronics in proven high headroom, low-noise designs. Additionally, Mix12FX offers a selection of 12 integrated effects including reverbs, choruses and delays to easily create mixes that sound great. Each model features an all-metal chassis, high-quality components and a sleek rugged design that’s built to last.
“And if your application requires a little more, you can simply step up to our bestselling ProFX, our flagship VLZ4 or Onyx lines,” Redmon concluded. “Either way, wouldn’t you rather mix on a Mackie?”
The Mackie Mix Series compact mixers will be available beginning October 2014, priced at MSRP $69.99 USD for the Mix5, $109.99 USD for Mix8, and $159.99 USD for Mix12FX.
More information: Mackie / Mix Series
More posts that match this tag
Solid State Logic has announced the XL-Desk, a modern twist on the classic analogue studio console. XL-Desk is designed for tracking or mixing engineers who require the sonic and workflow benefits of an analogue console … read more
Algoriddim has released version 2.6 of djay 2 for iOS, a DJ mixing app featuring new content, new MIDI controller support, improved Spotify integration and lots of other improvements. djay transforms your iPad into a … read more
Native Instruments has announced Traktor Kontrol S8, its new flagship all-in-one DJ controller. Shot on location in Ibiza, a new video features high profile artists offering their first impressions of TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 and serves … read more
Toontrack has launched the Reggae EZmix Pack, a collection of EZmix 2 presets for reggae music production. In this EZmix pack, Toontrack teamed up with Sweden’s premier reggae studio of the past three decades, Rub-a-Dub … read more
Avid has announced the VENUE | S3L-X compact live sound system, building on the success of the Avid | S3L system to deliver on the Avid Everywhere vision. With the new system, live sound professionals … read more
Based on the StudioLive AI-series engine and controlled with battle-ready UC Surface software for Mac, Windows, and iOS, the StudioLive RM16AI and RM32AI 32x16x3 rack-mount Active Integration digital mixers are scalable, compact, and 100 percent … read more
Serato has announced the release of version 1.7 of its Serato DJ software. Serato DJ 1.7 includes Serato Flip and Serato DVS Expansion Packs, new hardware and Official Serato Accessory support, library optimization, the introduction … read more
Native Instruments has released version 1.5 of Traktor DJ, a DJ mixing app for iOS. Create mixes in seconds with TRAKTOR DJ for iOS. Touch and manipulate music as waveforms on your iOS device using … read more
Time+Space has announced the release of new EZmix 2 Complete Production Bundles. EZmix 2 provides the tools to get the perfect sound for every instrument mix situation and now with the ‘Complete Production Bundle’ users … read more
Sample Magic has announced the release of a collection of Logic racks for mixing and a new sample pack by Radio Slave. Logic Magic Racks: Mix Essentials Compiled by Logic expert and long-time SM sound … read more
Native Instruments has launched READY.SET.PRO., a limited-time offer on the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 decks and effects controller and TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 – the compact DJ mixing interface. Until August 31, 2014, a full version of … read more
Outbound link: Native Instruments
– Related: controller
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Aug 05, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a public beta of Deckadance Solo. Deckadance Solo is a single deck from Deckadance 2, in native FL Studio plugin format. This means Deckadance Solo can be controlled from the Piano roll … read more
Serato has introduced Serato Flip, a new Expansion Pack for Serato DJ that allows you to create custom edits, extend and re-imagine your music. Available this September with Serato DJ 1.7 – Flip allows you … read more
SKnote has announced Agata, a hardware micro console unit for tracking, summing, mixing and processing. Agata features 8 input channels, with link option for more units. 8 individual output channels. Stereo mix buss. British input … read more
Sample Magic has announced the release of two new sound packs. Mixing & Mastering is a new Ableton Magic Racks title, featuring 5 custom Ableton Racks for dance mixing and mastering. Five all-new Ableton racks … read more