DRZHNN has released Zebra Redux, a skin pack for the Zebra synthesizer instrument from u-he.
I’ve been working on this project for about two month now, so I’m very excited to finally share it with you guys.
Zebra Redux is a skin pack for Zebra, Zebrify and ZRev made primarily with sound designer workflow in mind. Initially I built it to reflect my own needs but I’m sure some of you guys will enjoy it too. So here it is.
Zebra Redux features
- Default window size is bigger now (914×914 px).
- Removed lower pane. All its features now reappear in form of modules.
- Renamed Perform, Synthesis and Patches tabs to XY, SYNTH and LIB respectively.
- XY pads and FX Grid are now part of a central pane and accessible from both SYNTH and LIB tabs.
- Moved assignable XY controls from lower pane to XY tab. Now all XY pad related parameters are in one place.
- Added new OSCs tab with 4 full-size OSC editors in one place for fast and easy editing, copying and pasting.
- Added new MSEGs tab with 4 full-size MSEG editors in one place.
- Moved global patch settings from lower pane to generators pane for easy access.
- Changed label color of all definable controls (…) to red.
- All menus that have only two items will now iterate through those items (when clicking) without opening the popup menu. Menu is still accessible via right click.
- OSC module now has waveform editor, waveform selector, preset manager and a subpanel with key and velocity scale editors.
- Noise, XMF and Comb modules now feature local XY pads for controlling two predefined (by me) parameters.
- FMO module now has subpanel with key and velocity scale editors. FM waveform is represented by an authentic waveform icon.
- Changed some important menus and switches to graphical icons. Some of them somehow reflect the reality, others are abstract and probably will change in the future.
- Arp, ArpMod, Modulation Matrix and MSEGs are now modules in modulators pane. ArpMods and MSEGs modules are hidden if not in use.
- Added new EXTRA tab (empty for now).
- Zebrify: Envelope Follower and Pitch Detector modules are now part of modulators pane and have big sliders combined with indicators for easy tuning.
- ZRev: changed T and AP knobs to sliders.
The pack is a free download from KVR Audio and DRZHNN.
More information: DRZHNN / Zebra Redux
Spektro Audio has released version 1.2 of CV Toolkit, a standalone application that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s ES-3 module.
We’re extremely excited to announce that the 1.2 update for CV Toolkit – Standalone Version is out!
This update fixes most of the issues we had with previous versions, brings many new features and set’s the path for the future of CV Toolkit.
Changes in CV Toolkit v1.2
- New Virtual Slot System (VSS), swap modules inside the slots at any time and configure it to best suite your need.
- 4 new modules:
- CV Recorder (Slot #8) – Record the output of any other virtual module and play it back using Vari-Speed (-10x to 10x).
- Comparator (Slot #8) – Performs a bipolar 1-bit quantization to an incoming signal.
- Morphing VCO (Slot #10) – A digital oscillator that can be used as sub oscillator, a modulator for FM / ring-mod patches or as an audio-rate modulation.
- Clock Generator (Slot #11) – Generate clock signals (gate or trigger) at different rates.
- Significant CPU usage optimization.
- CV Quantizer is now more reliable and contains 13 scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Blues, Dorian, Lydian, Locrian, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Arabic and Augmented.
- MIDI Notes Out – Send the output of the CV Quantizer module as MIDI notes to the selected MIDI output port. (Useful for layering sounds using other analog synths or virtual instruments).
- Added a width control for the Step Sequencer Gate / Clock output (Available in the Options window)
- Added curve adjustment for AD1 and AD2 (Logarithmic → Linear → Exponential)
- Added Pitch Bend support (with adjustable range to up to +/- 12 semitones)
- Improved voice handling
- Improved sync for the S&H module
- The Routing Matrix guidelines now have different colors for virtual modules (green) and analog outputs (blue).
- Lemur template updated to include new virtual modules.
- Minor design changes.
CV Toolkit for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / CV Toolkit
Samplephonics has released Dirty Modular, a virtual modular instrument powered by the free Kontakt Player from Native Instruments.
Dirty Modular is a hybrid modular synth/analogue sampler with extensive routing, modulation and raw waveforms.
This stunning instrument is packed full of analogue modelled effects and powerful LFO’s, envelopes and an analogue style step sequencer. It is able to create a huge range of sounds, from filthy basses and leads to retro 80′s pop to deep melodic pads and everything in between.
We wanted to create something that put detailed raw sounds already at your fingertips, allowing deep and complex sounds to be built easily without fiddling, allowing you to concentrate on what is most important – the music!
Dirty Modular features
- 8,496 samples from a real modular synth.
- Interactive custom interface, powered by the free Kontakt Player.
- Huge amount of modulation, routing and raw waveform options for highly original and complex sounds.
Dirty Modular is now available for purchase for £119 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
Samplephonics has introduced the Dirty Modular, a powerful hybrid modular virtual instrument powered by the Kontakt Free Player.
Under the hood of this beast lies 8,496 pristine audio samples, direct from a real analogue modular synth. These form the bases of 174 multisampled oscillator settings ready to be combined, routed and processed further through an interactive 3D interface.
Dirty Modular features
- 8,496 samples from a real modular synth.
- Comes with the Kontakt Free Player (you do NOT need to own a full copy of Kontakt to own this!).
- Interactive GUI with powerful routing and modulation options.
- 2 oscillators + 174 raw sounds available per oscillator with awesome random function!
- 150+ presets plus more free presets sent to your inbox!
- 3 LFO’s (routable to filter, amp or pitch).
- 3 Envelopes (routable to filter, amp or pitch).
- 2 analogue modelled Filters with switchable states (lp, bp, hp). Can be run individually or linked.
- 2 FX modules with switchable chorus, phaser, analogue modelled saturation, screamer distortion, amp distortion, bitcrusher and flanger. Can be run individually or linked.
- Huge stereo reverb and delay units.
- Analogue style sequencer with multiple routing options.
- In-app preset loading and saving meaning you don’t have to load samples every time.
- Highly optimised DFD streaming and sample purging for super fast and smooth sample loading.
- The only plugin available of its kind!
The library is available to pre-order now for £99 GBP (RRP £119 GBP).
More information: Samplephonics
Voltage Disciple has announced the release of Voltage Maths, a collection of solid drum and percussion samples.
These sounds have been made here at Voltage Disciple using the MAKE NOISE STO Oscillator The PITTSBURGH MODULAR LOW PASS GATE and the MAKE NOISE MATHS MODULE.
Grab some earth shaking 24 bit analogue kicks and percussion hits. Simply download and unzip the VOLTAGE MATHS Zip file.
If you like our free stuff pick up one of our paid sound banks and at the moment you could win a LIVID Block Midi Controller… Enjoy
The sample pack is a free download from Voltage Disciple.
More information: Voltage Disciple / Voltage Maths
u-he has released version 0.9.3 rev2566 of the public beta of Bazille, the hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We extended the Beta-period for Bazille rev2566 until end of August 2014. This gives you an other month of free Public Beta Testing.
Here is the Public Beta registration info again:
User Name: Public Beta
We fixed loads of bugs and added many improvements to rev2566.
Please test Bazille thoroughly, focus on the stuff in the change log and dig deep into all areas. In particular: Please explore Bazille’s voice circuit and report clicks, pops, odd and weird sounds.
Changes in Bazille v0.9.3 rev2566
- Added choice of gamma adjustments to GUI editor for brightness control (right-click on GUI).
- Added UI scaling in steps of 10% (right-click on GUI).
- Mouse Wheel can be rastered (For rastered mouses to ensure integer steps) -> right-click on a knob or slider.
- Reworked GearPorn skin (kudos to Basti!) -> right-click GUI to change between Original and GearPorn skin.
- Patch cable colors are now saved with the Preset.
- Reworked Installers for OS X and WIN.
- Updated manual.
- Added many other small improvements.
- Many bugs fixed.
The new public beta is available to download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio. A license for Bazille is available for purchase at a 30% discount for a limited time.
More information: u-he / Bazille v0.9.3 rev2566
Groove3 has launched u-he Bazille Explained, a video tutorial series on the Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument by u-he.
Synth master Scottie Dugan returns, this time covering the incredible modular virtual synth Bazille, by the synth gurus at u-he!
This definitive series covers everything from beginning to end, including sound design examples that will show you how to make awesome sounds from scratch.
u-he Bazille Explained features
- 24 tutorials / 3 Hrs 34 Mins total runtime.
- For all beginner to intermediate u-he Brazille users.
- Tutorials written by synth master Scottie Dugan.
- Simple to use video control interface for Mac & PC.
- Watch Online, Download, Stream to iPad, iPhone & iPod.
The tutorial video series is currently available for download for $30 USD, or to stream with a All-Access pass ($15 USD for 30-day access).
More information: Groove3 / u-he Bazille Explained