Chris Wolfe has launched version 1.5 of Jasuto, a modular synthesizer for the iDevices.
Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device!
With the addition of a fully-featured sampler you can now record/resample/edit, and even create entirely new samples by drawing right in the app.
Changes in Jasuto v1.5
- Added Audiobus support (input, effect & output source).
- Completely compatible with iOS7.
- Updated UI graphics.
- Universal device and Retina support.
- Zillions of bugs squashed.
- A shinny new manual.
- Added background audio support.
- Low latency audio (256 samples).
- Sample sharing through SoundCloud.
- Dropbox syncing of samples/scenes.
- New ADSR2, AP, Brick, EXP, Mix, Power, ZeroX, Tanh, Gain Node Modules.
- In-App purchases
- High Fidelity (Hi-Fi) Audio.
- New Nodes: Chorus Module, Detuned Module, Dirty Module, Morph Module, Space Module.
Jasuto is available to purchase for $4.99 USD.
More information: Jasuto
Audio Damage has released Freqshift, a full-featured frequency shifter Eurorack module.
Freqshift is a digital recreation of the analog frequency shifter modules of decades long gone.
Unlike the more common pitch shifter, which raises or lower the pitch of a sound by some ratio (such as an octave or a fifth), frequency shifters add a specific frequency ( 321Hz, for example) to the signal and all of its harmonics. This alters the timbre of the sound in a manner unlike other familiar effects processors.
Freqshift replaces complex analog circuitry with calibration-free digital processing, delivering a frequency shifter in a compact, flexible, but economically priced Eurorack module.
Freqshift is available to purchase from Audio Damage’s exclusive retail partners, priced at $189 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Freqshift
littleBits and Korg have launched a pre-order for the Synth Kit, a powerful, easy to use modular analog synthesizer.
littleBits and Korg have demystified a traditional analog synthesizer, making it super easy for novices and experts alike to create music.
- connects to speakers, computers and headphones
- can be used to make your own instruments
- fits into the littleBits modular system for infinite combos of audio, visual and sensory experiences
Synth Kit features
- 12 Bits modules: 1 Power, 2 Oscillators, 1 Random, 1 Keyboard, 1 Micro Sequencer, 1 Envelope, 1 Filter, 1 Delay, 1 Mix, 1 Split, 1 Synth Speaker.
- Includes a handy 35+ page booklet, with step-by-step instructions for 10 great projects like the Keytar and Synth Spin Table.
- 9V battery and cable.
The Synth Kit is available to pre-order for $159 USD. The Kits ship December 6th, 2013. Limited quantities available.
More information: littleBits / Synth Kit
KResearch has released version 1.6 of its KR-Space modular reverb/echo based multi-FX effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
KR-Space is a modular reverb-echoes based multi-effect plug-in which can produce a multitude of different types of effects, from traditional echoes and reverbs, to very complex soundscapes, modulation and filtering effects, resonating echoes and reflections, saturation effects and other types of effects which are not available on any commercially available plug-in of this type.
Changes in KR-Space v1.6
- 64-bit VST & AU.
- ProTools AAX 32-/64-bit.
The KR-Space plug-in is available to purchase for $89 USD.
More information: KResearch / KR-Space
Korg has teamed up with littleBits to launch a Synth Kit, a collection of 12 modules for creating audio & music devices.
littleBits and Korg have taken a traditional analog synthesizer and converted into littleBits modules, making it super easy for novices and experts alike to expand creativity into the world of sound and music.
With the Synth Kit, YOU become the star of the show!
According to Synthopia, the Synth Kit should be available mid-December, 2013, with an online shop price of ¥ 16,000 (~$160 USD).
More information: littleBits (Japan)