Little Endian has released version 2.9.4 of SpectrumWorx, a sound mangling plug-in for Windows and Mac.
SpectrumWorx is a modular effect processor that works exclusively in the frequency domain. Two things make SpectrumWorx vastly different from other effects processors:
– Ability to manipulate the frequency domain, and
Changes in SpectrumWorx v2.9.4
- “User’s guide” button in the About page.
- New image for LFO controlled knobs when automatic knob updating is turned off.
- Undo/redo and VST program changing behaviour and performance (YMMV depending on the host).
- Minor phase vocoder phase coherence improvement in certain edge cases.
- Minor overall performance improvements.
- VST: dynamic automated parameter list functionality (YMMV depending on the host – works nicely with the latest Reaper).
- LFOs for shared module parameters not getting updated with tempo or time signature changes.
- Frequency range control:
- Control name not displayed.
- Wrong control name displayed (Start instead of Stop and vice verse).
- Rare crashes while manually operating the control.
- Crashes when parsing licences with non-ASCII or “special” characters.
- (PVD) PitchMagnet target frequency parameter unnecessarily quantized (again).
- Broken Ableton Live undo history (partially fixed – still works properly only for “configured” parameters).
- Appearance on scaled and/or “high DPI” displays.
- Automation of power-of-two parameters (e.g. DFT size and overlap factor).
- Host-initiated channel count changes.
- Validation failure in 32-bit mode under OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Random crashes.
- Mono output under Ableton Live.
- OS X 32-bit: auxiliary windows not following the main window.
SpectrumWorx is available to purchase for $119 USD for a single format, or $149 USD for the bundle of formats.
More information: Little Endian / SpectrumWorx
Audiomasher has launched Indigo Virions, a new soundset for the Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer from u-he.
Indigo Virions is a custom sound bank of 102 presets designed for the u-he Bazille.
It contains highly usable modern poly synths, bass, drums, seqs, arps, and more, which are suitable for many different musical genres.
All sounds were designed by Audiomasher to take advantage of the Bazille’s modular architecture.
Indigo Virions features
- 102 presets for u-he Bazille.
- 13 Arpeggiator (ARP).
- 14 Bass (BASS).
- 13 Lead (LEAD).
- 7 Pad (PAD).
- 11 Percussion (PERC).
- 21 Poly Synth (POLY).
- 8 Sequence (SEQ).
- 6 Sound Effects (SFX).
- 9 Stabs (STAB).
The soundset is available for purchase for $8 USD.
More information: Audiomasher
, Plugin Boutique
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Oct 16, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has launched a limited time sale on Tronsonic instrument libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Inspired by the sound of recordings made with old tape (from mellotrons to the radiophonic workshop), Tronsonic creates downloadable virtual instruments primarily for Native Instruments Kontakt, recorded using mainly 1960’s 1970’s analogue equipment.
- Kork M500 Micro Preset — A faithful replica of the classic late 70s micro preset synth, plus a few extras…
- The Solino String Proto Ensemble MK 1 — A recreation of an imaginary EMINENT SOLINA STRING ENSEMBLE ‘PROTOTYPE’ – perhaps found in the basement of the old Eminent factory in Holland.
- The System 1000M — This complex intuitive Kontakt instrument allows you to mutate sounds endlessly with every tweak!
- Tronto Trilogy — The Tronto Trilogy combines 3 of expertley crafted analogue style synths, featuring TRONTO, VCO & DCO.
The sale ends October 22nd, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Tronsonic
, instrument plugins
Posted in archive
on Oct 15, 2014 - 0 comments
Today is the last day to get 30% off u-he’s new Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Bazille is a large modular system combining digital oscillators with analogue-style filters and modelled effects, with a flexibility that only modular patching can provide.
Bazille’s special introductory price of $89 (+ VAT in the EU) has been extended until October 15. After that, the regular price is $129 (+ VAT in the EU).
More information: u-he / Bazille
XILS-lab has released version 2.0 of XILS 3 LE, a light edition of the analog modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Capable of producing both a very wide range of classic analog sounds, and sounds no other analog synth can do, The XILS 3 LE V2.0 cumulates an authentic emulation of the Synthi (VCS 3) modular synthesizer and a replica of the 256 Analog Sequencer, its natural companion.
XILS 3 LE features
- 6 oscillators grouped in 3 pairs, with waveshaping (on sine wave, saw, triangle and square).
- 1 noise oscillator (with noise color).
- 1 analog filter, non linear and zero delay behaviors, with 3 modes (12/18/24 db lowpass).
- 1 trapezoidal envelope generators, looping EG in the time of analog (switchable to ADSR).
- Polyphonic ring modulator.
- 2 independent outputs feeding the stereo bus, each with one analog lp/hp filter.
- Programmable joystick vector controller.
- Polyphonic sequencer with 3 independent lines, slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch tracker, envelope follower, transient, gate, sample & hold modules.
- Chorus, delay, spring reverb.
- 6 Play modes (including unison 2/4/6), polyphonic and mono portamento/glissando/legato, 2 different keyboard scaling, polyphonic aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Hundreds of presets made by worldwide famous sound designers.
- Preset database engine (find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags).
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections.
- Instrument or effect plug-in.
XILS 3 LE is available for a “pay-what-you-want” price (starting at 4 EUR) until November 1st, 2014 (regular 34 EUR). The update is free for XILS 3 LE owners.
More information: XILS-lab / XILS 3 LE
More posts that match this tag
u-he has released version 1.0 of Bazille, a hybrid modular synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac. Bazille is a monster hybrid modular. Digital oscillators combined with analogue-style filters and realistic effects. The flexibility of patching … read more
Samplephonics has announced a Dirty Modular Giveaway, offering a chance to win Dirty Modular, a powerful hybrid modular virtual instrument powered by the Kontakt Free Player. This stunning instrument is packed full of analogue modelled … read more
Soundsdivine has announced the release of The 2600, a new instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt featuring sounds from the ARP 2600 semi-modular analog synthesizer. The 2600 features 3 Oscillators. 28 Waveforms. 2 Filters. 6 … read more
XSRDO has released version 0.58 beta of XSRDO Patchwork Modular System, a free modular synthesizer instrument for Windows. XSRDO Patchwork Modular System is a true modular synthesizer. You can choose what modules you want, where … read more
Sample Magic has launched MIDI Elements: Analogue Drums, a collection of raw rhythms and underground grooves. A powerful drum toolkit crafted from some of the world’s finest modern analogue drum modules – including the Vermona … read more
K-Devices has announced the release of TED, a highly editable LFO “smart tools series” Max for Live device. You can morph between several waveforms, and work on resulting signal with a sample and hold circuit, … read more
DRZHNN has released Zebra Redux, a skin pack for the Zebra synthesizer instrument from u-he. I’ve been working on this project for about two month now, so I’m very excited to finally share it with … read more
Spektro Audio has released version 1.2 of CV Toolkit, a standalone application that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s ES-3 module. We’re … read more
Samplephonics has released Dirty Modular, a virtual modular instrument powered by the free Kontakt Player from Native Instruments. Dirty Modular is a hybrid modular synth/analogue sampler with extensive routing, modulation and raw waveforms. This stunning … read more
Samplephonics has introduced the Dirty Modular, a powerful hybrid modular virtual instrument powered by the Kontakt Free Player. Under the hood of this beast lies 8,496 pristine audio samples, direct from a real analogue modular … read more
Voltage Disciple has announced the release of Voltage Maths, a collection of solid drum and percussion samples. These sounds have been made here at Voltage Disciple using the MAKE NOISE STO Oscillator The PITTSBURGH MODULAR … read more
u-he has released version 0.9.3 rev2566 of the public beta of Bazille, the hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. We extended the Beta-period for Bazille rev2566 until end of August 2014. This gives … read more
Groove3 has launched u-he Bazille Explained, a video tutorial series on the Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument by u-he. Synth master Scottie Dugan returns, this time covering the incredible modular virtual synth Bazille, by the … read more
VirSyn has announced the release of Tera Synth, a modular analog synthesizer app for iPad. Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog … read more
u-he has announced that the voting stage of the 3rd Patch Competition for its Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument has started. One of the patches submitted for the “Monster from the deep” category. Please download … read more