MuTools has released version 6.1 of its MuLab and MUX Modular music production software.
MuLab is a rich and rock solid sound and music production tool for Mac OSX and Windows, designed to create, record, edit and finalize Your Music!
MUX is a great sounding and super flexible modular synth and effect engine and the sonic heart of MuLab. MUX is also available as VST plugin.
The seamless integration of a modular sound engine into a great DAW is what makes MuLab unique.
Changes in MuLab / MUX Modular v6.1
- MUX Modular
- New synth module: “Multiform Oscillator”. Supports creating, importing and using wave tables in a high-quality and modular way. See this intro video.
- Improved sound quality when importing arbitrary sized waveforms.
- Waveforms: New “Clipboard -> Append” function that appends the waveform on the clipboard to the target waveform.
- All sounds using the internal oscillator might sound a little bit better by fixing a specific rounding error.
- Optimized sample memory management.
- VST plug-ins: Enhanced denormalizations guard.
- Note Modifier: Velocity parameter can be set to 12700% so to practically max out all velocities.
- Fixed a potential crash bug when trying to paste a module while no module is on the clipboard.
- Fixed a couple of issues with the Parameter Event Generator module.
- Fixed a specific problem in the VST engine which caused that the timing info given to the plugin was not ok at the end of the composition loop in case the audio engine block size was an integer multiple of the loop length.
- MUX Modular Plug-In: Improved host compatibility.
- MUX Modular Plug-In: All MUX-related benefits of MuLab 6.0.35: New MuSampla version 2, improved MuDrum, rack slots now include a process on/off switch, improved multi-sample editor, and many more improvements which all together make a big difference! Cfr the M6.0.35 change log below.
- Rename automation parts didn’t work as expected. Fixed.
- Automation parts: In some cases the play position line was not positioned right. Fixed.
- When importing MuClips, the session could contain multiple similar grids. Fixed.
- Sequence function Quantize Length will now avoid creating triggered notes.
- Fixed an issue in the composer when using overlapped parts.
- The “MIDI Output Time Compensation” setting now is a real-time editable preference: See Edit Preferences -> “MIDI Output Time Shift”.
- Audio Files and Samples: New context functions “Add Recurring Markers” and “Delete Selected Markers”.
- New preference “Middle C Index” allows you to set the middle C to C3 or C4 or C5. Default is C4.
- REX file loader: Improved protection against exceptional/wrong REX files.
- In some cases when deleting multiple objects at the same time, only some of them were effectively deleted. Fixed.
- Factory Library Folder and User Library Folder are now editable preferences. This allows for a more customizable setup.
Until December 31st, 2014, MuLab and MUX Modular are on sale for 59 EUR and 49 EUR, respectively (regular 69 EUR). A bundle of both is 89 EUR during this sale (regular 99 EUR).
More information: MuTools
Heavyocity has partnered with Icebreaker Audio to release BitRate II, a major update to the BitRate semi-modular 8-bit drum machine for Reaktor.
BitRate II uses multiple methods of retro digital synthesis and sampling to produce charismatic and nostalgic drum sounds. The included sound engines cover chipsounds, FM synthesis, lofi sampling, and glitchy circuit bending.
On top of these unique sound engines, BitRate II also offers a 5-track mixer and a master fx section that includes an analogue modelled EQ, bus compressor, and speaker simulator for added lo-fi effect.
The drums can be triggered via MIDI or from the internal sequencer. The sequencer provides two modulation sequences per drum, which can be routed to virtually any combination of sound parameters in any amount.
BitRate II also comes bundled with the MonoBoy instrument, a melodic counterpart for BitRate II. MonoBoy uses similar sound engines, but in an interface more suited to melodic playing.
The BitRate II Bundle ships with a total of 140 preset snapshots including a variety of sounds from kits and beats to synths and samples.
BitRate II features
- 5 drum slots into which you can load any one of 4 sound engines.
- 4 lo-fi digital sound engines: Chip, FM, Sampler, Glitch.
- The ability to sample from the audio input into a custom-built sample engine.
- A built-in sequencer with 2 modulation sequences per drum.
- Per-track sequence length, allowing for complex poly-rhythms.
- EQ, Compressor, and Speaker Simulator master effects.
- 3 sound generator modes, including a unique DM sampler.
- Easy-to-use arpeggiator and Voice Controls
- 2 Modulation sequences.
- A master FX section that includes the one-of-a-kind Bit Delay effect.
The BitRate II & MonoBoy bundle is available for purchase for an introductory price of $29 USD for the first two weeks (regular $49 USD). During this period, original BitRate owners can buy BitRate II for $19 USD.
More information: Heavyocity / BitRate II
Spitfire Audio has launched Additional Flutes, the last release in the British Modular Library series of orchestral sample libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Throughout 2013 Spitfire secretly went into the hall at Air Studios for the biggest round of sampling it has ever undertaken. With production complete roughly twelve months ago we announced the impossible. That we were, in just one year, going to create the first volume of a next-gen deeply sampled modular orchestral library to beat all others. The first commercial British orchestral sample library featuring the greatest players, playing the greatest instruments in the greatest space in the world. Built by composers, for composers and curated by masters in the field of sampling.
It is with the launch of this final BML module of the year, that we are fighting back the tears, wiping away the blood and dressing the wounds of 12 months hard battle. We made it, and what better way to present our freshly baked orchestral cake to you but with a ripe little cherry on top. We’re now happy to announce that you need not go anywhere else for your orchestral needs but the hall. THE BRITISH MODULAR LIBRARY VOLUME 1 IS NOW COMPLETE!
As with all BML modules Additional Flutes is a deeply sampled affair with multiple round robins, dynamic layers, vibrato control, numerous mic positions and perspectives and the eponymous Jake Jackson mixes for CPU-light ease of use.
Additional Flutes is a single volume library so unlike ‘essential articulations’ or ‘Volume 1′ modules this is a very deeply sampled multi articulation module. These will get you set with everything you’d need from these instruments with both essential and additional articulations in the one module.
The library is available for purchase for the introductory price of £169 GBP until January 2nd, 2015 (RRP £229 GBP).
More information: Spitfire Audio / BML Additional Flutes
TK Audio has released the Mono Blender, a 500 series single channel version module of its MB1 Mini-Blender introduced earlier this year.
The Mono Blender is the perfect tool for parallel processing. Insert any compressor into the front panel XLRs and blend it with any other audio signal being simultaneously fed through the unit with absolutely no degradation to either source. Imagine parallel compression using an LA2a, LA3a, 1176…or any classic or state of the art compressor!
All inputs and outputs are electronically balanced, and the rugged blend control has 21 steps for precise, easily recallable adjustments.
“When the MB1 was released, there was an immediate demand for a single channel version”, states TK Audio president Thomas Kristiansson. “We’re really pleased to have been able to bring it to market so quickly.”
Mono Blender is available for purchase for 329 EUR ex VAT/£272 GBP ex VAT/$429 USD MSRP.
More information: TK Audio / Mono Blender
Tone2 Audiosoftware has released UltraSpace, an ambience-modeling effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It is designed to simulate nearly any kind of room, echo or acoustic environment with high sound quality. UltraSpace is more than a reverb – it is a compilation of different effect units covering all important aspects of space simulation. By combining these units, completely new and unique effects can be created.
Tone2 has tried to unify the advantages of many popular hardware devices in one plugin. Because of its modular design and its flexibility, UltraSpace covers a large sonic range.
- One compact plugin as an all-in-one solution for everything related to ambient simulation.
- Replacement for a large number of very expensive hardware units.
- Modules can be combined to create new and unique effects, not possible with competing products. Make your tracks stand out in the crowd!
- Huge sonic range, and usable for a large number of applications.
- Higher sound quality than competing products. Effect algorithms designed by DSP experts with 20 years of programming experience.
- Excellent value for money.
- 150 inspiring patches created by professionals give you instant access to the right sound to quickly enhance your mixes.
- Visual real-time displays and tooltips make it very easy to use.
- Low CPU demand and multicore CPU support.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) priced at 59 EUR / $79 USD.
More information: Tone2 / UltraSpace
More posts that match this tag
Five12 has announced the release of Numerology 4, a major release of the modular step-sequencing environment for Mac OS X. In addition to numerous modernization and usability improvements, Numerology 4.0 adds several new features that … read more
iZotope has released Iris 2, a sample-based synthesizer instrument that combines the power of a sampler with the flexibility of a modular synth. New features include a robust modulation system, sample pools that can load … read more
Puremagnetik has announced the release of Analog Automata, a collection of looped bass, percussion and texture clips sourced from a wide variety of analog modules. Analog Automata includes over 350 audio loops recorded from modular … read more
Abeem Live Technologies has released version 1.1 of Rack Performer, a modular environment for live performance. This free update brings many improvements to streamline the patch creation experience, making it as quick and effortless as … read more
Arago Audio has announced the release of Arago Audio 001, a soundset featuring 50+ presets for the Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer by u-he. Making use of its modular synthesis-, analogue-, and digital FM- modelling features. … read more
ZenSound has released Electronica, a soundset by Complex for the Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument by u-he. Eleventh instalment of ZenSound soundsets, Electronica comes with really fat basses, hard punching drums, warm analogue keys and … read more
Loomer has released version 1.4.1 of Sequent, a modular multi-effects plug-in for Windows, Mac and Linux. Sequent has seven individual effect blocks: a Beat Looper; two Filters, both switchable between lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes … read more
Audio Damage has announced the release of Sequencer 1, a full-featured CV/gate sequencer for the Eurorack modular synthesis system. Our goal, when creating Sequencer 1, was to make the most sophisticated sequencer for Eurorack, and … read more
Little Endian has released version 2.9.4 of SpectrumWorx, a sound mangling plug-in for Windows and Mac. SpectrumWorx is a modular effect processor that works exclusively in the frequency domain. Two things make SpectrumWorx vastly different … read more
Audiomasher has launched Indigo Virions, a new soundset for the Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer from u-he. Indigo Virions is a custom sound bank of 102 presets designed for the u-he Bazille. It contains highly usable … read more
Plugin Boutique has launched a limited time sale on Tronsonic instrument libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt. Inspired by the sound of recordings made with old tape (from mellotrons to the radiophonic workshop), Tronsonic creates downloadable … read more
Outbound link: Plugin Boutique
– Related: discounts
, Plugin Boutique
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Oct 16, 2014 - 0 comments
Today is the last day to get 30% off u-he’s new Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. Bazille is a large modular system combining digital oscillators with analogue-style filters and modelled effects, … read more
XILS-lab has released version 2.0 of XILS 3 LE, a light edition of the analog modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. Capable of producing both a very wide range of classic analog sounds, and … read more
u-he has released version 1.0 of Bazille, a hybrid modular synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac. Bazille is a monster hybrid modular. Digital oscillators combined with analogue-style filters and realistic effects. The flexibility of patching … read more
Samplephonics has announced a Dirty Modular Giveaway, offering a chance to win Dirty Modular, a powerful hybrid modular virtual instrument powered by the Kontakt Free Player. This stunning instrument is packed full of analogue modelled … read more