112dB has updated its 64-bit plugins Redline Reverb, Redline Monitor, Big Blue Limiter and Big Blue Compressor to version 1.0.8, 1.0.6, 1.1.2, and 1.0.2.
Big Blue Compressor gets a new graphic user interface.
Big Blue Compressor features a brand new alternative skin designed by Scott Kane. All updates include an important bug fix for 64-bit VST users.
Changes in 112dB plugins
- 64-bit VST version sometimes caused a crash on Windows systems with more than 4 gig memory.
- Sample rate wasn’t retrieved correctly from the host (AU).
- Latency wasn’t communicated correctly to certain hosts.
- Several potential memory leaks have been resolved.
The updates are free for all registered users.
More information: 112dB
Acon Digital has announced the release of Verberate, an algorithmic reverb effect plug-in that simulates real acoustical surroundings with a new degree of realism.
Several conventional building blocks in traditional digital reverb design have been replaced by novel methods that allow Verberate to produce convincing early reflections and the dense reverberation tails that characterize impulse response measurements of real acoustical spaces. The result is a clean, unobtrusive sonic quality and a reverb that blends seamlessly into a mix.
This is the reverb for those who like clean and realistic reverbs like convolution reverbs, but are in need of more flexibility and tweaking possibilities without sacrificing realism. An additional bonus is the reduced CPU usage compared to convolution reverbs.
- Independent early reflections and reverberation tail processors.
- True stereo processing.
- Realistic early reflections that blend into the mix without unpleasant comb filter effects.
- Very dense late reverberation tails with little coloration due to proprietary methods.
- Uncluttered user interface.
- Graphical visualization of equalizer frequency response and frequency dependent reverberation times.
- Preset manager and a large number of factory presets.
- Save, load and categorize user presets.
Verberate for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99.90 USD.
More information: Acon Digital / Verberate
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013
iMusicAlbum has launched Master FX, a multipurpose effect processor for guitar, synthesizer and voice, providing a wide range of high-quality and creative effects options for audio processing.
Includes a broad selection of audio processing options, comprehensive presets system, flexible audio routing options for connecting effect modules, audio player and recorder, low latency and highest quality of audio processing.
Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks. Master FX can also be used as a sound processor within a variety of other musical applications as it supports Audiobus. This allows the app to be used as an effects processor as part of an iOS-based multitrack recording system.
Master FX features
- Built-in effects: 3-Band parametric equalizer, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch modulator, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Limiter on main output.
- Low-latency for real time playing.
- Up to 6 effects at once.
- Various options for connecting effect modules.
- Processing of the two channels separately.
- Built-in player with playlists feature.
- Convenient playback control.
- Built-in recorder with switching sources (input, processed, output).
- Individual presets for each effect module.
- Global presets for all module parameters and connections.
- Includes control options designed specifically for live performance.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
- Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
- Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
- Support “Open in” feature to move audio files from other applications.
- Option “Open file in” sends file directly to another application.
- Access to files through internal Web service in local network.
- Support for iTunes file share.
The Master FX app is available to pruchase for $11.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering Studio / Master FX
KResearch has released version 1.6 of its KR-Space modular reverb/echo based multi-FX effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
KR-Space is a modular reverb-echoes based multi-effect plug-in which can produce a multitude of different types of effects, from traditional echoes and reverbs, to very complex soundscapes, modulation and filtering effects, resonating echoes and reflections, saturation effects and other types of effects which are not available on any commercially available plug-in of this type.
Changes in KR-Space v1.6
- 64-bit VST & AU.
- ProTools AAX 32-/64-bit.
The KR-Space plug-in is available to purchase for $89 USD.
More information: KResearch / KR-Space
Molecular Bytes has updated its AtomicReverb room and reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.2.
Molecular Bytes AtomicReverb (flat skin) – Version 1.2 adds new features including performance- and quality improvements, A/B program comparison, “Easy” user-interface, skinning and more.
AtomicReverb provides configurable room- and reverb-processing for early reflections and reverberation (late-reverb) with maximum flexibility.
AtomicReverb give users all possibilities to create dense, smooth and natural reverb acoustic – from small chambers to large room-sounds throughout the entire spectrum. It provides over 170 different predefined early-reflection signatures, different tail algorithms, a 5-channel EQ, complex modulation and also gated tail length (used for percussive sounds).
AtomicReverb comes with 230 predefined factory presets which are designed to be modifiable using the new ‘easy’/'one-page’ user-interface.
Changes in AtomicReverb v1.2
- “Easy” (One-Page) interface mode to have access to all important parameters on ONE page.
- 2D-Flat skin type and skin-selection option.
- A/B Program Comparison and A to B, B to A copy function.
- Spectrum-Analyzer in EQ display.
- Improved performance for reverb-tail type ‘room’.
- Improved processing of early-reflection “spread” parameter.
AtomicReverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 69 EUR. The update is free for users of earlier versions.
More information: Molecular Bytes / AtomicReverb