New Sonic Arts has released version 1.2002 of its Vice loop slicer/sampler instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Inspiring and fun to use, Vices slick and intuitive user-interface belies the power under-the-hood of the ultra-efficient, state-of-the-art 32bit sampling engine. With it’s perfect combination of workflow and pristine sound-quality, Vice will quickly become your go-to tool for working with loops.
Changes in Vice v1.2002
- New UI size option in the Setup dialog, (offering 4 sizes, from Compact to Extra Large).
- Added the ability to multi-select slices for simultaneous editing with Ctrl/Cmd and Shift click.
- Added LFO Tempo-Sync “Lock” mode. When enabled, the LFO phase is synchronized to the host song position.
- Added Root-Key MIDI Learn.
- Fixed a crash bug affecting some setups.
Vice for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 79 EUR.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Vice
One Small Clue has released version 18.104.22.168 of its Poise percussion sampler instrument for Windows.
Poise features 16 drum pads, which can each use 8 samples. Sample layers have parameters for pitch, volume and balance, as well as amplitude and pitch envelopes. There are several sample switching types including random, velocity and round-robin.
Changes in Poise v22.214.171.124
- New: Poise now shows some custom dialogs inside the Poise GUI frame. Previously these dialogs were show externally in their own window.
- Bug Fix: Drum pad context menu Cut & Paste commands weren’t working. The target pad would be reset.
- Bug Fix: Modal dialogs would open behind the Poise GUI and host GUI in some circumstances. The host application would appear to hang.
Poise for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for $49 USD.
More information: One Small Clue / Poise
TubeOhm has announced the release of Super Bruno-III, a synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
Bruno III is the update of Bruno-RP, now with a sampler, a new sequencer and a new ARP. The GUI and the DSP have been completely revised. Bruno III comes with 2 sound banks (2×128 new sounds).
Super Bruno-III features
- Random functions for sound design.
- Multi mode filter.
- Comp filter, stereo delay, chorus.
- Micro tuning.
- 256 sounds.
- External MIDI out to control other Synths with the stepper/ARP.
- Easy to use interface.
The plug-in is available for Windows (VST) for 49 EUR. Owners of Bruno-RP can upgrade for 29 EUR.
More information: TubeOhm / Super Bruno-III
SKYLIFE has released version 4.8 of SampleRobot Pro, a comprehensive update for the top-of-the-line auto-sampling software for Windows and Mac.
It includes unique functions like a supersize WaveRobot sample editing window and enhanced support for up to 128 velocity layers per Project.
This version 4.8 upgrade is free of charge for all users of SampleRobot 4 Pro. Furthermore new customers will receive a free upgrade token to version 5 of SampleRobot Pro, to be released in 2015/Q01.
Changes in SampleRobot Pro v4.8
- Support for up to 128 velocity layers in a single Project.
- Enhanced velocity auto-mapping for all multi-sample export formats.
- Supersize WaveRobot window for screen resolutions up to 3200×2000 pixels.
- Advanced audio transient recognition for elimination of silence at sample start.
- Improved Mac OSX framework, compatible with OS 10.10 Yosemite.
- Optimized activation process.
- Includes 5 new skins and color schemes.
- Includes 4 additional Premium Multisample Banks in SF2 format: AMBIENTE, NEURONIC, ELEKTRON and NOIZCUTZ.
- Various optimizations in respect to graphical user interface and functionality.
- Comes with free upgrade token to version 5 of SampleRobot Pro for all new customers.
- Includes 4 cross-platform installation licenses.
SampleRobot 4 Pro is available for purchase for $349 USD/249 EUR/£219 GBP. The update is free for all users of SampleRobot 4 Pro.
SKYLIFE has also released 4 free sample packs for KORG microSAMPLER users.
The ambient loops and airy beats from the AMBIENTE sample bank fuse into inspiring mood tracks. This is an atmospheric sound construction kit of the special kind.
Sounds from the legendary Hartmann Neuron Synthesizer form the heart of the NEURONIC sample set. Rich modulated textures, extraordinary morph sounds and neuronic effects reminiscent of film scores enrich every music production.
In the ELEKTRON bank pulsating analog sounds and a sampled analog drum synthesizer let the microSAMPLER become a muscle machine for all sorts of electronic music. The single samples cut through the mix already but you can layer them synced in tempo for full impact.
For the sample bank NOIZCUTZ sounds from an old multi-band transistor radio were captured with SampleRobot. You can find all kinds of short and long wave sweeps, typical noise patterns and sound shreds from the flood of radio waves surrounding us every day.
The packs are available to download at no charge. If you don’t own the microSAMPLER, you can still extract the samples with Korg’s free editor software.
More information: SampleRobot
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.15 of Vice, a loop sampler and slicing instrument for Windows and Mac.
Quickly load loops from the integrated loop browser, slice them in an instant with the intelligent transient detection algorithm and effortlessly export your grooves to your DAW via MIDI drag and drop.
Changes in Vice v1.15
- Added Zoom to Slice feature.
- Waveform display now automatically scrolls/zooms to selected slice.
- Added Slice context menu, including Copy and Paste Slice Settings.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for select the previous / next slice (Arrow left / right, works in most hosts).
- Added keyboard shortcuts for Zoom To Slice / Zoom To Loop (Arrow up / down, works in most hosts).
- Several fixes, including two crash bugs.
Vice is available for purchase for 79 EUR. The update is free for all registered users.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Vice
More posts that match this tag
New Sonic Arts has launched a Christmas Sale, offering a discount on its Granite and Nuance plug-ins for a limited time. Granite – The Granular Texture Generator Granite’s unique sound engine melds a state-of-the-art granular … read more
Outbound link: New Sonic Arts
– Related: AU
, instrument plugins
, New Sonic Arts
Posted in news
on Dec 15, 2014 - 0 comments
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.1 of Vice, a loop sampler & slicer instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac. Inspiring and fun to use, Vices slick and intuitive user-interface belies the power under-the-hood of … read more
New Sonic Arts has released Vice, a loop sampler and slicer instrument for Windows and Mac. Quickly load loops from the integrated loop browser, slice them in an instant with the intelligent transient detection algorithm … read more
Marcel Blum has released version 42 of Soundplant, the first major update since 2010 of the popular computer keyboard sound triggering program following a yearlong beta. Soundplant turns the standard QWERTY keyboard into a playable … read more
One Small Clue has released Grace, a sampler instrument plug-in for Windows. Grace is a VST plugin sampler for musicians working with samples. It is a tool to load samples mid composition with minimal disruptions … read more
Elektron has announced that its Octatrack 8 track performance sampler instrument is back in stock. A new OS 1.25C update fixes several bugs and offers stability improvements. Swedish music machine maker Elektron has received a … read more
de la Mancha has set free loophole, a midi-triggered loop sampler, and Impakter, a vintage drum module plugin containing 320 samples of original drum sounds generated on analogue synths and drum machines. Thank you to … read more
Sound Guru has released version 0.8 beta of The Mangle, a granular sampler instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac. There’s no better way to explore granular soundscapes. Fully automatable in your DAW, multi-timbral, and simple … read more
Fingerpushers has announced the release of Sampler Anthology 909, a new sound library focusing on bringing back the sound of old hardware samplers into modern productions. In this library we have sampled a real TR909 … read more
Outbound link: Fingerpushers
/ Sampler Anthology 909
– Related: Akai
, drum machine
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 26, 2014 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has released updates for Battery, Kontakt & Kontakt Player, and Reaktor & Reaktor Player. Changes in Battery v4.1.4 Added advanced Komplete KONTROL integration. Fixed an issue with kits being replaced when loading a … read more
CWI Technology has released version 2.4.0 of TX16Wx, a software sampler workstation instrument for Windows and Mac. TX16Wx now supports EXS24 and Akai AKP program import, three-way cross modulation, user defined program icons and VST … read more
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.512 of Nuance, a creative sampler instrument plugin for Windows and Mac. Finally, a sampler designed the way you want it. Fast workflow, pristine sound quality – and no … read more
Korg has announced a number of new products for Autumn 2014. electribe Flexibly shifting in style to match the trends of today, the electribe series continues to lead the world’s dance music scene. Approximately ten … read more
Peter Dines has introduced Vectorspace, an upcoming Reaktor ensemble. Here’s a tease of something that will be out within the next couple of weeks: Vectorspace. It’s a sample transformer with gesturally controlled sample position / … read more
New Sonic Arts has updated the Nuance sampler instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.501. Finally, a sampler designed the way you want it. Fast workflow, pristine sound quality – and no bloat. … read more