, instrument plugins
, New Sonic Arts
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 16, 2014 - 0 comments
New Sonic Arts has announced its Easter Sale, offering a bundle of Granite, Nuance, and Granite Aura at a discounted price for a limited time.
Before the end of April, pick up our entire suite of products for an unbelievable price. With more than 40% savings, now is the perfect time to discover the outstanding sound and next-generation workflow of New Sonic Arts.
Visit www.newsonicarts.com to download demos, check out audio examples and find out more.
The bundle is available for 99 EUR/$119 USD until April 30th, 2014.
More information: New Sonic Arts
Nord has announced the release of the Fairlight collection, a major addition to the Nord Sample Library.
The Fairlight was the first commercially available polyphonic sampler when launched back in 1979 and it opened up the doors of sampling to many artists and producer during the 80′s.
The sounds in this collection were all sampled from a newly overhauled Fairlight CMI System IIx, with detailed mapping to capture that characteristic Fairlight sound!
The Nord Sample Library is compatible with the Nord Wave, Nord Electro 3/4, Nord Piano 2 and Nord Stage 2.
More information: Nord / Fairlight collection
Wusik has announced the release of Wusik 4000, a virtual modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Wusik 4000 is a new cross-platform modular synth/sampler plug-in. It has a fixed path of audio, but with a modular wire system for modulations.
Wusik 4000 modules are open-source and it comes with its own SDK. Plus, Wusik 4000 Sample Player supports SFZ and WusikSND files, including advanced Round Robin and Key Switching between layers.
Wusik has also released a demonstration version with over 140 presets and no audio restrictions or time limitations (no preset saving).
The full version comes with several set of sounds from Wusik Station, but the download is optional to Wusik Station users.
Wusik 4000 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for $99.95 USD. Owners of any Wusik product (or MHC product) can get it for $79.95 USD. A new Bundle Deal including Wusik 4000 is also available.
More information: Wusik / Wusik 4000
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.2 of Nuance, a sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
Finally, a sampler designed the way you want it. Fast workflow, pristine sound quality – and no bloat.
Nuance proudly stands out against the crowd of complex and cumbersome samplers. In contrast, Nuance’s streamlined and intuitive approach will boost your productivity, while the vast modulation and FX possibilities will inspire you to create new sounds – fast.
Changes in Nuance v1.2
- FX slots can be re-ordered by drag and drop.
- Browser: Added sample audition volume, and progress indicator.
- Browser: Added shortcut button to open current folder in Preset Menu.
- Preset Menu now supports .wav and .aif for quickly stepping through samples.
- Start/End marker edits are now also applied on re-trigger.
- Various cosmetic enhancements.
- Fixed: OS X/AU: Crashes in Logic X.
- Fixed: OS X/AU: Logic X rounded plugin window corners supported.
- Fixed: Envelope settings not recalled properly on some older presets.
- Fixed: Incorrect labeling of Decay and Velocity parameters in Assignment Manager.
Nuance is available to purchase for 70 EUR. The update is free for all registered users.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Nuance
Bastl Instruments has introduced microGranny 2.0, a monophonic granular sampler.
Limited Blue Spring Edition 2014 of the microGranny 2.0 granular sampler.
It reads wav samples from microSD card and applies granular algorithms to them. You can also adjust start, end, sample rate (tuned or free run), crush and envelope (attack release).
MIDI Input allows external control of all parameters as well as transposition of the samples, or playing individual grains by different keys.
- Monophonic mono sampler.
- MicroSD card (storing + recording samples, storing presets).
- 6 sounds with full adjustments storable in a preset at once.
- 60 presets in 10 banks (6 preset per bank), stored as .txt files on microSD card.
- Wav sample playback from microSD card (mono, 22050 Hz, 8 or 16 bit, two letter file name).
- 8-bit 22050Hz wav recording via line input or onboard microphone.
- Hold button.
- Sample rate (tuned or free run).
- Start, end position with repeat, instant loop.
- Granular settings: grain size and shift speed (positive or negative).
- Amplitude envelope attack and release.
- MIDI Input – responds to note, cc and clock (synchronize loop and grains).
- MIDI side chain envelope restart.
- Copy, paste.
- Input & output volume knob.
- Power switch – plug / battery.
- Hackable – arduino based.
A limited Blue Spring Edition of microGranny 2.0 is available for pre-order, priced at 160 EUR. It will be shipped by April 14th, 2014, latest.
More information: Bastl Instruments / microGranny 2.0
Glitchmachines has released version 1.1 of Polygon, a sampler plugin designed to facilitate the creation of stunning composite sound effects.
Co-developed by Ivo Ivanov and Thomas Hennebert, Polygon was conceived from the ground up with unconventional attributes and a fast, forward-thinking workflow.
Layering samples is only the beginning. Polygon’s unique granular mode will bend your samples into fresh material while its clean and logical interface, extensive modulation options and distinctive sonic fingerprint make it an invaluable tool for creative sound design.
Changes in Polygon v1.1
- New features:
- new glide controls for each sampler as well as the sub oscillator + master glide offset.
- new solo function for each sampler and the sub oscillator.
- the effects processors can now be chained.
- tooltips showing the current values of knobs/sliders upon mouse hover.
- new waveform display with adaptive zooming to the current sample focus.
- you can now drag & drop samples from the Finder/Explorer to the sample slots.
- save a preset with copies of the samples used in a special folder for preset portability.
- new option in the menu for opening the Finder/Explorer at the presets folder location.
- UI refinements with improved contrast and new knob design.
- knobs now have a distinct indicator if their parameters are targeted by a modulator.
- new preset menu using columns for easier navigation.
- new factory presets by Subjex.
- Performance enhancements:
- numerous refinements to reduce CPU load.
- HQ mode: when de-activated can further reduce CPU load.
- fixed : some parameters would not update properly at sample rates higher than 44.1kHz.
- fixed : on preset change the sample folders paths (for file navigation using the arrows) would not update properly.
- fixed : loop mode broken if focus set to 100%.
- fixed : buttons and menus would capture the “Enter” key.
- fixed : the stutter effect could get stuck looping a short click.
- fixed : sample reverse misbehavior.
Polygon for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Glitchmachines / Polygon
discoDSP has released version R1.3 of HighLife, the performance sampler instrument for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Changes in HighLife R1.3
- New LowPass, HighPass, BandPass and BandReject Zero Delay Feedback filters.
- Edit > Wave Editor < -> cursors on wave selection borders.
- Edit > Wave Editor Mouse wheel zoom based on mouse cursor position, Shift+Mouse wheel for quick zoom.
- Edit > Wave Editor Zoom in/out based on active selection.
- Drag’n’drop support (any supported wave sample/sfz programs if empty) Shift+Drop bypass sample replacement dialog.
- Options > Global Parameter Edit (On/Off) or using Shift+Ctrl/Cmd. ADSR led will be on when enabled.
- Options > Morph Edit (On/Off).
- Edit > Properties <> File arrows browse sample folder on Edit > Sample Properties.
- Zone > Duplicate Zone, Delete All Zones functions.
HighLife is available to purchase for 49 EUR / $69 USD.
More information: discoDSP / HighLife
discoDSP has released version 1.2.3 of its HighLife sampler instrument plug-in for Windows, Mac and Linux.
HighLife is a Mac / Windows / Linux sampler with editor, five built in effects, flexible modulation, parameter morphing and highest offline resampling quality using 512 point SINC. 64-bit Audio Units and VST are supported.
Changes in HighLife v1.2.3
- Reworked wave editor view:
- Mouse wheel scroll and zoom in/out with control key+wheel.
- Zoom out limited to wave length.
- Selection active if > 2px. Full wave acts as selected when no selection is active.
- Enhanced waveform visualization at higher zoom levels.
- Import/Export Sample/Program dialog opens at active sample Zone/Program path, falling back to last location when not available (default starts at user’s Documents folder)
- Automatically enabled Edit menu items.
- Morphing opacity support to FX sends.
HighLife (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 49 EUR. All platform installers are delivered on a single download after purchase.
More information: discoDSP / HighLife