ZAQ Audio has released the Zaquencer, a custom firmware for the BCR2000 total recall USB/MIDI controller by Behringer.
The Zaquencer by ZAQ Audio is a custom firmware for the Behringer BCR2000 that will turn it into a standalone MIDI step sequencer.
It is not a preset but a new operating system for your BCR2000, effectively turning it into a whole different device.
- Native, standalone analog-style step sequencer for BCR2000.
- No Computer or PC software needed for operation (except for the initial firmware upload).
- 32 steps or less, depending on loop.
- 4 tracks, switchable between (mono/polyphone) notetrack or drumtrack.
- 2 independent MIDI-Controls (ProgramChange, Aftertouch, PitchBend, CCs) per track.
- Using the flash storage to save all global params and up to 192 patterns.
- Each consisting of 4 tracks.
- Organised in 12 banks of 16 patterns each.
- Copy patterns.
- Copy single tracks between patterns.
- Pattern chain to play up to all 192 patterns in a row.
- Internal/External Clock source (can send/receive MIDI clock or both, with MIDI Through setting enabled).
The Zaquencer firmware is available for purchase for 69 EUR.
More information: ZAQ Audio
Apple has released updates for its GarageBand music software for iOS and Mac.
GarageBand is a whole music creation studio right inside your Mac — with a complete sound library that includes software instruments, presets for guitar and voice, and virtual session drummers. An intuitive interface makes it easy to learn, play, record, create, and share your hits worldwide. It’s never been easier to make music like a pro.
Changes in GarageBand Mac v10.0.3
- Adds support for OS X Yosemite.
- Access audio effect plug-ins for more detailed control over the sound of your tracks.
- Build your own bass rig with Bass Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics.
- New Voice Template for fast and easy vocal recordings.
- Share GarageBand projects with Mail Drop.
- Vertical zoom automatically adjusts the height of your tracks.
- Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility.
Changes in GarageBand iOS v2.0.4
- Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Garageband is available for purchase for $4.99 USD.
More information: Apple / GarageBand
Samba Godschynski has announced the release of VEB RUNGsn, a step sequencer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
VEB RUNGsn is a step sequencer effect where you can load 4 VST (fx) plugins and assign them to a 8×4 state matrix.
Every state represents an eight note and has a seperate fade-in and fade-out configuration.
VEB RUNGsn for Windows and Mac (VST) is available for purchase for 5 EUR.
More information: Samba Godschynski / VEB RUNGsn
Bitwig has released version 1.0.15 of Bitwig Studio, the music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas in every stage of production.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.0.15
- Improved: Show progress when auto-detecting controllers.
- Improved: Made auto-detecting of MIDI controllers faster.
- Improved: Add support for AKAI EWI controller.
- Improved: Add keyboard shortcut for zoom to fit (Cmd/Ctrl+0).
- Improved: When a disk-streaming buffer-underrun occurs (for instance when jumping to a location in a sample which could not be predicted), a fade.in is now applied when the streaming catches up to prevent clicks.
- Improved: Updated scripts from Livid Instruments.
- Fixed: Plugin’s window header is sometimes out of screen on Windows.
- Fixed: Add SysEx probe command to control surface console.
- Fixed: Parameter names not shown for UAD (and some other) plug-ins.
- Fixed: Freeze when moving MOD device within another MOD device’s FX chain.
- Fixed: EQs could blow-up when using extreme Q values with four-pole LP/HP filters.
- Fixed: UAD plug-ins all get the title “UAD powered plugin” when added to the device chain.
- Fixed: Improved Linux MIDI support – Virtual MIDI now works.
- Fixed: Crash when undoing the deletion of an automation lane for an indexed value atom.
- Fixed: Crash if using the bounce modifier and deleting the destination before the bounce completes.
- Fixed: Hybrid audio/MIDI interface M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 not recognized as MIDI device in Linux.
- Fixed: Overdubbing notes in the clip launcher does not end the undo operation when the user turns off the overdub button.
- Fixed: Crash when dragging arranger clips with automation follow in some circumstances.
- Fixed: Selecting automation points on the arranger using rectangular selection tool is extremely slow even when zoomed in on small part of the automation.
- Fixed: OSX gatekeeper trouble introduced by OSX 10.9.5 and 10.10 Preview.
- Fixed: Auditioning is too loud when changing velocity of notes.
- Fixed: NI Maschine drag and drop from plugin into the host does not work.
- Fixed: Crash on OSX when switching display profile while an audio interface is configured that is not available anymore.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for 299 EUR (full) 229 EUR (edu).
More information: Bitwig
Saltline has announced the release of Drzewo Cedr, a free step sequencer synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Cedr is a 2 oscillator subtractive synthesizer with a 16 step pitch sequencer. The sequencer can also be fed to several other of the synthesizer’s controls.
Cedr was created with chip tune in mind. This is reflected in the look and feel of the instrument and of course, most importantly the sound.
The pitch sequencer can be turned on or off for each oscillator allowing for greater flexibility in sound creation. Bit crush and delay effects also add to the degraded yesteryear quality of Cedr.
Other controls include a step sequencer ‘step envelope’ giving the user the ability to create a range of sounds from choppy arps to strange pads and textures. 5 modulation slots also allow midi control routing, such as, key follow, velocity and aftertouch.
The plug-in is available for download for Windows (VST).
More information: Saltline / Drzewo Cedr
More posts that match this tag
Propellerhead Software has announced the release of Reason 8, a major new version of the award-winning Reason music production software which introduces a completely redesigned user interface and streamlined new workflow. “Musicians and producers love … read more
Ableton has released version 9.1.5 of Live 9, its music production software for Windows and Mac. If you’ve used music software before, you’re already familiar with one half of Ableton Live. Live’s Arrangement View is … read more
Camel Audio has announced it has updated the CamelPhat and CamelSpace effect plug-ins with 64 new presets and AAX support. CamelPhat is the ultimate phattening processor! A powerful ‘colouring’ multi-effect that’s been specially engineered to … read more
Outbound link: CamelAudio
– Related: AAX
, Camel Audio
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Sep 25, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced updates to its FL Studio Mobile apps for Android and iOS. FL Studio Mobile allows you to create and save complete multi-track music projects on your Android phone or tablet device. You … read more
Samplephonics has launched FM8: Expansive Sequences, a new soundset featuring 120 FM8 sounds by preset & sound design gurus Ithaca Audio. A sound designer’s dream, this collection pushes FM8 to the limits showing off the … read more
Bitwig has released version 1.0.14 of Bitwig Studio, a music software for Windows, Mac and Linux. Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas … read more
Image-Line has released version 11.1.1 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows. We are pleased to announce the FL Studio 11.1.1 32/64 Bit update that adds native support for the Novation Launch Control … read more
GrooveCloud has launched a beta for its collaborative music sequencer for Android. GrooveCloud is a collaborative music sequencer for the Android platform that enables users to make music together. Within GrooveCloud, songs can be composed … read more
Acoustica has announced a public beta of version 7 of its Mixcraft music production software for Windows. Welcome, Mixcraft Beta Tester! Here’s a quick look at some of the new features in Mixcraft 7, including … read more
WOK has released MiniStepper, a free, easy to use MIDI step sequencer plug-in for Windows. 8 steps, each with velocity, gate length and mute. Several play directions, start- and end-step selectable on the fly. Sequence … read more
Saltline has released version 1.0.3 of Liść-step, a free filter effect plug-in for Windows. We all love filters, and we all love modulating them. Lisc-step has been designed with simplicity in mind to get results … read more
Puremagnetik has announced the release of PitchSwitch, a new Max for Live device which allows you to repitch and reshape anything in Ableton Live. Developed in conjunction with Max for Cats, Puremagnetik has released PitchSwitch … read more
Franke Music has released version 2 of its Stroke Machine drum and groove synthesizer and sequencer app for iPad. Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute … read more
NM Labs has released Alphabeat, a free step sequencer instrument for Mac. Alphabeat is a 16-step sequencer with built in samples ready to use, and customizable with your own samples – WAVE/AIFF/MP3 file types. Built-in … read more
Monocasual has released version 0.9 of its Giada Loop Machine for Windows, Mac and Linux. Giada v0.9 includes a deep GUI redesign with full-screen support. Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, … read more