WOK has released MiniStepper, a free, easy to use MIDI step sequencer plug-in for Windows.
8 steps, each with velocity, gate length and mute.
Several play directions, start- and end-step selectable on the fly. Sequence can be transposed by incoming MIDI notes. Also plays chords !
Host sync with dotted and triplet speed selection, swing, run on key press, MIDI-channels selectable for combined use, clear layout, free !
The plug-in is available to download from WOK.
More information: WOK / MiniStepper
Saltline has released version 1.0.3 of Liść-step, a free filter effect plug-in for Windows.
We all love filters, and we all love modulating them. Lisc-step has been designed with simplicity in mind to get results fast.
Capable of adding dynamic movement to pads, beats, basslines, vocals or whatever you wish to run through it lisc-step offers great flexibilty quickly and efficiently.
Changes in Liść-step v1.0.3
- Updated GUI.
- Effect bypass added.
- Preset manager and larger preset bank.
- 2nd step sequencer added.
- Step sequencer modulation matrices.
- Single SV and dual band pass filter modes.
- Reset and randomise sequencer buttons.
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST). Donations are welcome.
More information: Saltline / Liść-step
Puremagnetik has announced the release of PitchSwitch, a new Max for Live device which allows you to repitch and reshape anything in Ableton Live.
Developed in conjunction with Max for Cats, Puremagnetik has released PitchSwitch – an inspiring device that creatively reshapes incoming audio.
Whether you are a studio-based sound designer or a touring live performer, PitchSwitch transforms your clips in unexpected, yet consistently musical ways.
- Step Sequence
- Sequence up to 8 steps of varying pitch modulations.
- Select from a variety of sequencing modes including random, forwards and backwards.
- Transient Sequence
- Use your clip transients to control the sequence steps.
- Adjust transient density, sensitivity and more.
- Push Ready
- PitchSwitch controls map instantly to Ableton Push.
- Immediate, hands-on control in the studio or on stage.
PitchSwitch is available for purchase for the introductory price of $9 USD through September 5th, 2014. Requires Ableton Live 9.1 and higher with Max for Live.
More information: Puremagnetik / PitchSwitch
Franke Music has released version 2 of its Stroke Machine drum and groove synthesizer and sequencer app for iPad.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute or solo individual instruments, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
The high-contrast user interface is perfectly suited for dim light situations on stage and assists in sound creation in the studio.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality Oscillator, Filter, Overdrive and Effect models, extremly fast Envelopes and LFO, sample-exact Pattern Sequencer and a sophisticated Sample, Sound and Pattern library.
Changes in Stroke Machine v2.0
- Maximum settings of Bar, Beat and Step highly increased (up to 16 bars with 16 beats with 16 steps in each pattern).
- AudioBus 2 support including saving and loading of the current Stroke Machine kit.
- Added Mix view with important mix parameters for the percussion and melody sounds like Mute, Solo, Volume, Pan, FX Bus and FX Send. To automate them, activate the respective Modulation Sequence.
- Added Pad view with big, velocity-sensitive pads for the 12 percussion sounds.
- Added MIDI channel selection for each melody sound and all percussion sounds to 1 to 16, Omni (all channels) and Off (no channel).
- Layer sounds by setting several parts to the same MIDI channel.
- Added Route button.
- Added Internal/External Sequencer button.or the sequencer of the host app.
- Added MIDI Learn.
- Added MIDI Program Change reception.
- Changed Master Volume to only control the volume of Stroke Machine rather than the overall iPad volume.
- Added Clear Pattern button in Kit view.
- Added LFO phase beat sync.
- Fixed crash when tapping Next or Previous Kit while in topmost library folder.
- Fixed crash with Share Kit/Sound on iOS 6.
- Fixed crash when editing notes while recording.
- Fixed freeze when an interruption occured such as an incoming Skype call.
- Fixed an issue with soloed parts when loading a kit.
- Fixed possible double playback of notes on first step when syncing to MIDI Clock.
- Fixed LFO rate exceeding valid bounds.
Stroke Machine for iPad is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Franke Music
NM Labs has released Alphabeat, a free step sequencer instrument for Mac.
Alphabeat is a 16-step sequencer with built in samples ready to use, and customizable with your own samples – WAVE/AIFF/MP3 file types.
Built-in Frequency filter, Reverb, Delay and Compressors with DSP Scripting from Software Designer and MAX/MSP contributor.
The Rewire should be OK, but there’s been an issue with several DAWs. Although the standalone mode would give you satisfaction.
Alphabeat was created for KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: NM Labs
Monocasual has released version 0.9 of its Giada Loop Machine for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Giada v0.9 includes a deep GUI redesign with full-screen support.
Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, live performers and electronic musicians. How does it work? Just pick up your channel, fill it with samples or MIDI events and start the show by using this tiny piece of software as a loop machine, drum machine, sequencer, live sampler or yet as a plugin/effect host. Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows for production use and live sets.
Changes in Giada v0.9
- New full-screen GUI.
- Multi-column support.
- Advanced logging system.
- Upgrade to RtAudio 4.1.1 and RtMidi 2.1.0.
- Removed embedded RtAudio (thanks to Arty).
- Fix wrong processing of VST MIDI events on 64 bit version.
- Fix stretched buttons when resizing sample editor window.
- ‘Clear all samples’ destroys channels (fixed).
- ‘Free channel’ messes up loop / mute buttons (fixed).
- Fix potential recordings with odd frames.
Giada is available to download at no charge (binaries and source code).
More information: Monocasual Giada
Sinevibes has announced the release of Sequential 3.0, a polyphonic multi-effect plug-in for Mac.
Sequential allows you to trigger different processing and synthesis algorithms in a rhythmical fashion. It features a total of 19 fine-tuned effects that filter, distort, reshape, stutter and even generate audio – all with flexibility to add gentle spice or dramatically transform any material. The sequencer has a vast number of timing and shaping adjustments, while the whole plugin stores 8 separate parameter snapshots that can be automated or switched in real time.
As usual with Sinevibes software, Sequential has a clean, colour-coded interface which is extremely easy to use. With lively animations and instant responsiveness, it makes up for a really organic, natural user experience. Altogether, this makes Sequential an extremely capable and inspiring tool that completely re-architects loops, creates unique breaks, fills and transitions, or turns any static, lifeless sound into a dancing masterpiece.
Sequential 3.0 features
- Nineteen dedicated effects processors: low-pass and high-pass filters, barber-pole phaser, circuit-bent filter, wave transformer, sample rate and bit depth reduction, analog drive, ring modulator, frequency shifter, sine oscillator, phase oscillator, glitch oscillator, shot noise, white noise, flanger, resonator, chorus, granulator.
- Step sequencer with up to 32 steps, variable duration, timing and swing.
- Eight full instance snapshots, multiple utility and randomisation functions.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
- Audio Unit plugin compatible with 32/64 bit Intel Macs with support for Retina screen resolution.
Sequential is available for purchase for $49 USD. The update is free for existing Sequential users.
More information: Sinevibes / Sequential