, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013
u-he has announced the release of version 1.3 of its Diva virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
u-he DIVA – Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer.
This free update expands Diva’s sonic palette with the most requested modules since Diva’s introduction two years ago:
- The Uhbie, a filter modeled after a famous analogue multimode VCF. Our take on this morphs from lowpass to highpass via your choice of notch or bandpass.
- The Digital Osc, a dual oscillator with a flexible feature set reminiscent of the synthesizer that started the hardware VA revolution in the 90ies. Not only have we covered its typical waveforms such as the original Super Saw, Feedback and TriangleMod, we even gave both oscillators the full feature set! (we also sneaked in a high quality mode with less aliasing)
- An Arpeggiator! – Not to be mistaken with the recent crop of sequencers that also arpeggiate, this one pays tribute to good old analogue style arpeggiators, including some of the lesser known modes such as the “Leap” mode found in rare monophonic synths.
Other changes in Diva v1.3
- 60 new factory presets using the new modules.
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10/11!
- Vastly accelerated GUI opening.
- Many little niggles fixed.
Diva for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $179 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Diva
Beat magazine has announced the Beat Studio Starter Kit, a collection of 40 full version software for your studio.
It was never easier and cheaper to build your own studio and to take the first step on the stairway to professional production.
With the „Beat Workzone – Studio Starter Kit“ the German Beat magazine put a complete virtual studio on a DVD.
Including sequencers for recording, cutting or podcasting, synthesizers for melodies, basslines and drums, and a lot of effect plug-ins to shape your sound.
The 40 full versions include
- FXpansion Geist Lite
- Waldorf Edition LE
- UVI Electro Suite LE
- Cableguys Curve 2 BE
- Sennheiser DrumMic’a!
- AudioRealism ADM 606
- Tone2 Warmverb
The Starter Kit is available to purchase for 9.90 EUR at the news stand or online.
More information: Beat / Beat Studio Starter Kit
Nassen Software Development has releases RnT2, an experimental plug-in host application and VST plug-in for Windows.
RnT2, the next generation of RaX’n'TraX, is based on a modular concept.
It has pattern and linear sequencers which all have their own length and tempo. Even pitch, dynamics and timing can run independently.
RnT2 for Windows (Standalone/VST) is available to purchase for 50 EUR.
NDS has also updated the Modulys experimental Midi-plugin to v1.3.
Changes in Modulys v1.3
- New drum maps.
- Optimized code + GUI resources.
- Bug fixes.
- Price dropped.
Modulys for Windows (VST) is now available to purchase for 30 EUR (40% price drop).
More information: Nassen Software Development
Steinberg has announced version 7.5 of its Cubase and Cubase Artist music production systems, a considerable update with many workflow enhancements, new instruments and new effects.
Version 7.5 incorporates important workflow enhancements, version updates to its instruments and new effects to further the impressive feature set of Cubase and increase professionals’ productivity when producing music.
“The mix of highly effective editing and workflow enhancements, new instruments and studio-grade effects makes 7.5 one of the most beneficial Cubase releases since SX 1. I’m confident that this version will boost the creative output of our users and underline its position as DAW of choice for the most renowned producers today,” comments Helge Vogt, product marketing lead at Steinberg.
Changes in Cubase 7.5
- TrackVersions: Playlists for creating, renaming and managing parallel variations of tracks.
- Track visibility: Shows only the tracks you want to see in the Project window.
- Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multi-inputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack.
- HALion Sonic SE 2: Giving you tons of fresh new sounds plus a totally new synth.
- Groove Agent SE 4: With over 120 drum kits and smart user interface for creating beats and hits in no time.
- New construction kits: Adding flavor to your productions and giving you new song ideas.
- LoopMash FX: For real-time modern-style breaks, tape-stops, stutters and more.
- REVelation: Super-smooth and silky-sounding algorithmic reverb that brings back the memories of those old fancy hardware units.
- Magneto 2: Adding warmth to your tracks.
- VST Connect SE 2 (available in Cubase 7.5 only): Unique remote recording plug-in now with MIDI data transmission.
- Transient navigation: Tab to transients on audio events in the Project window thanks to the new instant hitpoint navigation.
Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 full versions will be available from December 4, 2013, priced at MSRP 599 EUR and 299 EUR respectively. Prices including German VAT.
Customers who have activated previous Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 versions since October 15, 2013, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to version 7.5.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase
K-Devices has announced the release of EXT 2, a Max For Live audio effect designed to modulate anything you want in Ableton Live.
In the last year, EXT became a great success. Many of our customers did amazing things with it, and you are probably one of them.
We worked a lot on new devices this year, and we always thought “hey, how can we improve EXT?”.
Well, it’s done!
EXT 2 is a completely redesigned device, starting from the core! Now it is lighter and more CPU friendly, with a bunch of new features: now you can shape each step of the sequencer with a precise envelope editor, it supports different note values like dotted and triplets, it has a swing control, and time variations parameter too. This little monster can do a terrific job in your set!
EXT 2 is available as a free download today only. From November 30th, 2013 CET, it will cost 3.99 EUR.
K-Devices has also launched a Black Friday Sale, offering 40% off its products when using coupon code BlackFriday13atKD at checkout.
Add this to get the 40% of cart discount in our shop until December 1st 2013 CET. This is valid for any of our Max For Live devices we sell and for EDU courses. Minimum order is 9.99€.
More information: K-Devices
Defective Records has released version 1.5 of CycliC, a step sequencer instrument for Windows and Mac.
At a high level, Cyclic consists of a set of 32 note values (or rests). This sequence of notes is cycled through (hence the name) by up to six “subsequences.” These multiple subsequences, each with different parameters, produce very interesting overall results when summed together.
Although it is easy to understand and use, Cyclic allows for sequences with a much greater degree of variation and liveliness than traditional step sequencers, often with unexpected results, even with small changes in note values and/or subsequence parameters.
Changes in CycliC v1.5
- VST plugin instrument hosting for up to 3 plugins.
- Per step Velocity, Gate, CC1 and CC2 control.
- Override Note, Velocity and/or Gate options per track.
- Override Velocity to zero, allows for “CC-only” tracks.
- MIDI CC control of almost all parameters, including easy to use MIDI learn feature.
- Constrain random value ranges.
- Ability to constrain random parameter range.
- Added . key to toggle between Main and Setup.
- Added P key for Panic.
- Added LED for MIDI clock.
- Significantly reduced CPU use, especially on graphics-challenged systems.
- Active step now highlighted in white, easier to see.
- Updated Mutable Instruments logo.
- Added tool tip for presets to remind how to store/recall presets.
- Fixed Preferences name.
- Built with Max version 6.1.5 (2117171, 32 bit).
CycliC for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for $40 USD.
More information: Defective Records / CycliC
, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Nov 27, 2013
Image-Line has announced version 11.0.4 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
We are pleased to announce FL Studio has been updated to 11.0.4. This adds IL Remote compatibility, expanded controller support and fixes the list of issues reported since FL Studio 11.0.3.
FL Studio’s Performance Mode with the newly supported Livid BASE controller.
Changes in FL Studio 11.0.4
- IL Remote support – IL Remote (soon to be released) is an Android & iOS programmable controller App for FL Studio & Deckadance 2. Check the manual entry here while you wait.
- Added support for the following controllers – Novation Launch Control, DJ TechTools Midi Fighter 3D, Electrix Tweaker, Livid VNTRL-R & Livid BASE.
- Newtone: Updated engine (bugfixes, works more like FL Piano roll & move around with arrow keys).
- Control Surface: Fixed oversized sliders after saving and loading a preset or song.
- Edison: Fixed drag/drop to FL browser.
- Patcher: Various bugfixes.
- ReWired: Fixed bug hiding plugin editor. fix for device enumeration.
- Wrapper: Fixed keyboard input in some VST3 plugins, added context menu support for (some) VST 3.5 plugins.
FL Studio is available to purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers receive 10% discount on their first order at the Image-Line online shop.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Elektron has announced the Analog Keys, its new flagship analog synthesizer.
Fully analog signal path, digital controls, and unprecedented playability make it an instrument for the expressive musician.
The Analog Keys is a four voice polyphonic analog synthesizer, capable of generating the finest basslines, chords, leads, and sounds imaginable.
The warm and deep tone represents the pinnacle of analog synthesis and the acclaimed Elektron sequencer stands ready to arrange and warp the analog sounds in real-time.
Complete the experience by treating the four voices with incredibly well-crafted master effects. A new world of sounds awaits.
Analog Keys features
- 100% analog signal path.
- Four voices, each with 2 analog oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators, dual analog filters, and analog overdrive.
- 37 key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch.
- +Drive storage hosting up to 4096 Sounds (+Drive Sound Library).
- Elektron sequencer with CV/Gate sequencing.
- Parameter assignable joystick.
- Extensive modulation possibilities.
- Supervoid Reverb, Saturator Delay, Wideshift Chorus send FX.
- Polyphonic, multitimbral, unison modes.
- Dedicated MIDI controller mode.
- 1 × headphones output, 2 × main outputs, 4 × stereo separate track outputs.
- 2 × audio inputs.
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU with Din sync out.
- 2 × dual CV/Gate outputs.
- USB 2.0 port.
The Analog Keys will be available to purchase on December 5th, 2013, priced at $1849 USD / €1749 EUR / £1449 GBP. Shipping starts December 9th.
More information: Elektron / Analog Keys