Tin Brooke Tales (TbT) has released TLs-3127, a freeware leveling amplifier VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
- Reduction Knob, set the amount of reduction (compression) by lowering the threshold starting from 0db and working downwards.
- Gain Knob, get the amount of makeup gain to compensate the loss of volume due to compression.
- Comp/Limit Switch, allows you to choose between slower (Comp) and faster (Limit) Reaction.
- Boost Switch, will cause the reduction stage to “dig a bit deeper”.
- Noise Gate, boosts the reduction at low signal levels to prevent the noise floor from being raised together with the makeup gain.
- Stereo Link, links the output reduction envelopes to prevent the stereo field from drifting. (This is only active when running a stereo signal through the plugin).
- Reduction meter, shows the amount of gain reduction applied. The small meter around the reduction leds will show you the output level. ‘clip led’ will light up if the signal go above 0 db.
Download the TLs-3127 plug-in for Tin Brooke Tales.
Tin Brooke Tales has released v1.0 of TLs 2095, a freeware limiting amplifier VST plug-in.
- Increase gain by limiting the signal with a “pumping/saturated” character depending on pressure/release settings
- Adjustable input gain upwards
- Adjustable pressure (a mix of attack/ratio)
- Adjustable release1 , the over all release time
- Adjustable release2 , controls the “overload” portion of release1 where fast envelope moves will be suppressed
- Adjustable output , to compensate gain changes with clip indicator
- Soft/Hard mode button, ‘Soft’ mode will polish the envelope curve to minimize artifacts
- Low Punch mode button, control an allpass filter centered around 200hz
- Stereo Link mode button to preserve stereo field
- Stereo link quality button normal/HQ
- The two Stereo mode buttons will be greyed out when processing a mono signal
- Gain Reduction led indicator
- Small indicator around the Gain Reduction led indicator showing the output peak level
- Plugin Latency: 0 samples
- supported samplerates: 44.1khz – 192khz
Update 10-04-2007: v1.1 fixes a denormal issue in ‘soft’ mode and the release curve in soft mode is more stable (faster release right after limiting action).
The website of Tin Brooke Tales is under construction,
but you can log into the ftp server to download the TLs 2095 plug-in but you can still download the plug-ins from the archive.
Visit Tin Brooke Tales for details.
Tin Brooke Tales Software has released TLs Pocket Limiter version 1.2, a freeware VST effect.
- Turned off IQ mode as a default
- fixes: Knee algo could fail depending on the material where the volume would drop over a longer period of limiting time
Check Tin Brooke Tales Software for more information and a link to download TLs Pocket Limiter version 1.2