Sony Creative Software has released a free 2.5 update to Sound Forge Pro Mac, and a Version 3 upgrade to SpectraLayers Pro.
Sound Forge Pro: Advanced Audio Waveform Editor is the application of choice for a generation of audio editors. The free 2.5 update for OS X features disc-at-once CD burning, the classic Wave Hammer compressor/limiter plug-in, and other improvements.
The award-winning SpectraLayers Pro: Advanced Audio Spectrum Editor stands at the forefront of the audio spectrum editing movement. Parallel developments in program design and core engine performance combine to deliver the most highly-evolved and surgically precise spectral editing platform available.
While Sound Forge and SpectraLayers Pro are standalone applications, both are configured to work seamlessly with each other, providing a comprehensive editing environment that combines deep waveform and spectrum editing capabilities.
“We’re pleased to announce significant upgrades and updates to our audio software product line,” said John Freeborg, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. “Sound Forge Pro Mac users are invited to install the free 2.5 update. Now with CD burning capability, the stand-alone Convrt Batch Processing Automation Tool, and our classic Wave Hammer compressor on board, Sound Forge for OS X has hit a highly anticipated benchmark. On the spectral editing side, our SpectraLayers 3.0 upgrade is extensive, reflecting a deep rethinking and reworking of the spectral editing paradigm. The list of new features is impressive, and they’re backed by core performance enhancements that contribute to a remarkably enhanced feel.”
Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.5 is available for purchase for $299.95 USD; SpectraLayers Pro 3 for Windows and Mac is $399.95 USD. Upgraded cross-platform Audio Master Suite bundles are now also available.
More information: Sony Creative Software
Auganizer has announced the imminent arrival of Auganizer 2, the next major version of the Audio Unit management app for Mac OS X.
Since the day Apple moved to the Audio Unit format users have been forced to view an illogical list of manufacturers and developers names when trying to access their plugins.
Not anymore. Now you can organise and view your Audio Units the way you desire in Logic, Garageband, Main Stage with limited support also for Ableton Live, Maschine and other AU hosts.
Auganizer 2 features
- Duplicate and rename plugins multiple times to allow “native AU” of Reaktor ensembles, Kontakt instruments, VMR, Nebula, Patchbays or any other reason you can think to run multiple separate Audio Units of the same host. The limit is your imagination and desire.
- Full integration with Logic X 10.1’s new plugin menu. Migrate your already created settings over from Auganizer 1 into this new menu to save time. Manage as many sub-folders as you want in the easy to use familiar OS X like work flow. Much easier to manage multiple folders.
- Plugin notes, including pre-populated information about your plugin library, what it does, what it emulates and anything you wish you add or change. Combined with our plugin GUI it helps to categorise plugins without having to leave the app or check what it is what. Essential for large libraries.
- Full compatibility with multiple DAWs, Logic 7, 8, 9 and X and OS X 10.6-10.10.
- Easier editing of multiple plugins.
- Updated UI with Yosemite features.
- Full management of Logic 7, 8 and 9 user presets.
- Plus much much more.
Auganizer 2 will be a free upgrade for all current users of Auganizer. A beta will be made available for current users shortly and the full release will be in the Spring.
More information: Auganizer
TC Electronic has announced LCn Loudness Correct, a new loudness normalization plug-in with stand-alone capability.
Audio professionals everywhere can now benefit from the addition of LCn Loudness Correct to TC Electronic’s arsenal of pristine loudness tools – either as a Pro Tools plug-in or as a complementary stand-alone version with watch folder capability for automatic batch-normalization of multiple audio files. LCn is available for stereo or 5.1 surround – LC2n and LC6n respectively.
These days, hitting the right loudness target is essential whether the delivery platform is HDTV, Mobile TV, podcast, radio, iTunes, Spotify, etc. and LCn makes this as easy as clicking a button or dragging a file to a folder. The plug-in version allows Pro Tools users to apply faster-than-real-time, two-pass, off-line processing from within their host, while the stand-alone version runs on PC and Mac.
LCn Loudness Correct features
- Precise loudness normalization for Pro Tools – Integrate consistent loudness in your workflow.
- Stand-alone app w/ watch folder capability – Automatically batch-normalize multiple audio files.
- Mastering-grade true peak limiter – Integrated legendary brickwall 2 true-peak limiter.
LCn will be available January 2015 through TC Electronic’s dealers and distributors as well as in the TC Electronic online store.
More information: TC Electronic / LCn Loudness Correct
Plugin Alliance has announced it is offering a discount on drumatom, a microphone leakage suppression tool for multichannel drum recordings.
drumatom V1.5 is the world’s first microphone leakage suppression tool for multichannel drum recordings! Based on the patent pending Advanced Audio Analysis A3 technology by Greece’s accusonus, this application is nothing short of MAGIC!
drumatom reduces cross-microphone bleed on recorded drum tracks without altering the drum tones you worked so hard to capture. Using advanced signal analysis and processing, drumatom is so advanced it can determine the difference between a snare hit and a hi-hat hit, allowing you to reduce the level of the hi-hat from the snare track while preserving the snare sound, even if both snare and hi-hat were struck at the same time!
Drumatom is available from Plugin Alliance for $149 USD until January 31st, 2015 (regular $399 USD). Use coupon code potm2015-01 at checkout on the promotions page.
More information: Plugin Alliance / drumatom
Mystery Islands has released version 1.0.6 of Virus|HC librarian editor, a plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Finally, the long wait for Access Virus a, rack, b, c, xl and TI users is over: Now you can plug your classic and / or new Virus synth into your DAW and make some music just like you had a Virus TI!
Changes in Virus|HC librarian editor v1.0.6
- [Fixed] When user clicked to store all patches from librarian to hardware, patch data was not sent to right locations in hardware.
- [Fixed] When data was requested from TI to the librarian, it was not received by the plugin.
- [New] Added pop-up message window to remind selecting MIDI Devices before making any editing & stuff (only pops up if device is not selected & user clicks on main tab or multi settings button) ;-) FL Studio crashes if you don’t select your devices first – Not possible to make work-around for it!
- [New] Incoming MIDI Program Change changes patch in hardware and the patch is automatically fetched to the active plugin part.
- [New] Incoming MIDI Program Change sends patch from librarians selected list to hardware if “control library from midi / hw” is enabled.
- [New] Incoming patch change from Virus (sysex) automatically fetches current preset from the hardware to the plugin part.
- [New] Incoming patch change from Virus (sysex) sends patch from librarians selected list to hardware if “control library from midi / hw” is enabled.
The Virus|HC plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 49.95 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / Virus|HC librarian editor plug-in
More posts that match this tag
Time+Space has announced that the RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced audio repair suites from iZotope are available at up to 35% off for a limited time. This January, RX 4, RX 4 Advanced and … read more
Outbound link: Time+Space
/ iZotope RX 4
– Related: AAX
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 15, 2015 - 0 comments
HoRNet Plug-Ins has released BSharry Key Detector, a software application that will detect the song key for every mp3 in your library. Key detector is a software designed to help DJs to do harmonic mixing, … read more
VB-Audio has launched Voicemeeter, a virtual audio mixer software for Windows. Voicemeeter is the first Application working as a virtual Mixer, able to manage every audio sources and audio points By Including various DSP algorithms … read more
Mystery Islands has released version 1.0.3 of its Virus|HC librarian editor plug-in for Windows and Mac. For MAC and PC users, this update has been long waited although we just launched Virus|HC plugin. There are … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.62 of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, adding a new UI theme and several features to its “universal plug-ins patch bay” plug-in and standalone application. Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.62 now includes … read more
Outbound link: Blue Cat Audio
– Related: AAX
, Blue Cat
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2015 - 0 comments
Sound Magic has announced Serenade Headquarter, a multi effects unit for the Serenade Pro audio interface. Based on the hardware, it combines Virtual Preamp, Headphone Mix and other technology to enhance the audio interface, turn … read more
WaveDNA has announced version 1.4.2 of Liquid Rhythm, introducing a number of improvements and fixes to the beat creation software for Windows and Mac. Most notably, Liquid Rhythm is now fully supported on OS X … read more
Outbound link: WaveDNA
– Related: Ableton
, instrument plugins
, Max for Live
Posted in news
on Jan 07, 2015 - 0 comments
Level 6 Productions has released a public beta of yMIDI, a full featured MIDI controller app for Windows 8. yMIDI is a MIDI control surface that enables you to control any DAW software or hardware … read more
CodeFN42 has released NoteMapper, a free plug-in that allows you to map MIDI notes to other notes. Each incoming note can be mapped to up to three notes, even on different MIDI channels. This allows … read more
Feelyoursound has released version 1.5.0 of its Sundog Scale Studio MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac. Sundog is a specialized software that helps electronic songwriters to develop new chord progressions, melodies, and even whole … read more
SKYLIFE has released version 4.8 of SampleRobot Pro, a comprehensive update for the top-of-the-line auto-sampling software for Windows and Mac. It includes unique functions like a supersize WaveRobot sample editing window and enhanced support for … read more
Sound Radix has announced a limited time sale on the Sylenth1 + 32 Lives Bundle. Starting December 22nd and running until the 26th, the bundle will be priced at 129 euro that’s nearly 40% discount … read more
Mystery Islands Music has released version 1.0.1 of the Access Virus|HC Librarian Editor, a VST plug-in to control and manage the Access Virus-series hardware synthesizers. The plug-in offers extensive librarian handling and more features will … read more
Plugin Boutique has launched a 24-hour sale on Liquid Notes, offering a 50% discount on the intelligent songwriting assistant software by ReCompose. Have a piece analyzed harmonically, at any stage of the composition process. And … read more
Outbound link: Plugin Boutique
/ Liquid Notes
– Related: composing
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 22, 2014 - 0 comments
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of an integration pack for Ableton Push and Arturia V Collection 4.0. The pack includes 12,530 fully configured racks which allow you to browse, load and control the synths … read more