Feelyoursound has released version 1.4.0 of its Sundog Scale Studio MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac.
Sundog is a specialized MIDI sequencer that helps to create harmonious songs faster by providing quick access to scale notes, chords, and chord progressions.
Changes in Sundog Scale Studio v1.4.0
- Work as MIDI Clock slave.
- Sequencer: Up to 24 notes up or down instead of 9.
- Octave +1, +2, -1, -2 (right click: go down).
- MIDI Panic button: Press “P”.
- Tighter MIDI clock for MIDI master mode.
- Accessibility-Fix (create file core/accessibility.txt).
- Mute instruments in instrument selector panel without changing the current instrument (click on the playback indicator dot to mute an instrument).
- Chords View: Show “chord column number” in chord progression bar.
- Chords View: Underline inversions and other chords that share exactly the same notes as the current chord.
- Copy and Paste: Input sequences, chords, chord progressions, melodic patterns.
- Edit menu with actions like “Set all patterns to triplets”.
- Clear chord in Chords View with keypress: Delete (Windows) or backspace (Mac OS X).
- Triplet support.
Sundog Scale Studio for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
zplane.development has released version 3.2.1 of PPMulator, a PPM metering effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PPMulator is a cross-platform plug-in meter for digital audio workstations which exactly mimics the look and feel of a professional broadcast Peak Programme Meter (PPM).
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
Changes in PPMulator v3.2.1
- Retina support for Standalone/OS X.
- Preference panel now shows always the last used panel tab.
- Fixed: resizing issue when switching between horizontal and vertical mode.
- Fixed: wrong font rendering on OS X 10.6.8. and Logic 9.
- Fixed: inconsistency between loudness unit on preference panel and the meter display.
- Fixed: setting colours for bar meter regions, switched units accidentally.
PPMulator is available for purchase for 79 EUR (PPMulator+) / 119 EUR (PPMulatorXL). The update is free for all existing customers.
More information: zplane / PPMulator
AudioCR has announced the release of Capture Midi, a retrospective MIDI manager for Mac OS X.
Play on midi keyboard and let Capture Midi backup and recover all your played melodies. Incredibly useful status bar tool that backups all live plays from midi keyboards. Just drag and drop your melodies back to your midi sequencer. Library Audio Browser let you playback and preview custom audio samples. A must to have companion tool for Logic Pro X, Cubase 7, Ableton Live or Garageband.
Capture Midi solves very common situations when you compose a melody to invent nice chord progression meanwhile you experimenting in your daw. Capture midi let you recover any interesting melodies while you improvise with nice virtual instruments or piano. Never blame recording button again that you just lost some interesting sequence.
Capture Midi features
- Retrospective Recording — Capture midi backups all your played melodies from midi keyboard. Every time you start playing, new melody item grid is created.
- Smart Trimming — Capture Midi records your keyboard play and creates melody items as soon as you stop playing.
- Favorite interesting melodies — Capture midi let you instantly drag and drop interesting plays or you can just favorite and return back any time later.
- Instant Metronome — Enable metronome and metronome starts playback as soon as you hit first key and stops as soon as you stop playback.
- Random Transposition — Replay your melodies with random transposition. Once reply button is activated, capture midi will reply the melody every time with different key transposition.
- Browse Samples — Browse sample libraries.
Capture Midi is available from the Mac App Store for $6.99 USD.
More information: AudioCR
HoRNet Plug-Ins has announced the release of TrackUtility, an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac designed to help you with those small tasks that each track needs.
TrackUtility is a swiss army knife for audio, it features different useful processors that you would otherwise need to find loading many plugins in a handy small GUI that you can keep on your screen together with other plugins.
When you need to change a track from stereo to mono, remove DC, pan, trim, etc. TrackUtility is there for you.
- Track muting.
- DC removal.
- Channel Selector (work on L + R or just L or R or invert L and R).
- Phase reversal (separate for L and R channels).
- Gain adjustment (from -60dB to +60dB).
- Auto Gain adjustment in Peak and RMS mode.
- Pan control.
- Stereo width control.
- Output clipper.
- Output limiter with auto release time.
- Peak output meter.
- RMS output meter.
TrackUtility for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for 9.90 EUR.
More information: HoRNet Plug-Ins / TrackUtility
3R Audio has announced VSL Performance Tools, a collection of tools for using EXS24 Vienna Symphonic Libraries in Apple’s Logic Pro X.
VSL Performance Tools for Logic Pro X – Articulation Tool.
The VSL Performance Tools let you use all your EXS24 Vienna Symphonic Libraries again directly in Logic Pro X. The bundle includes four scripter midifx plugin tools : Legato, Repetition, Articulation and Multi Instrument Tool.
VSL Performance Tools features
- Legato Tool — To use with the Perfect Legato Instruments. The script has all options of the original Legato Tool. You can switch between the different mappings of Standard, Horizon and Guitar Instruments and even have repeating notes alternation optionally.
- Repetition Tool — Use this tool with the Perfect Repetition Instruments. This new version makes repetitions easy and convenient to play as it substitutes the old pattern scheme with a clever random round robin algorithm. Additionally two cycle repetition modes are included.
- Articulation Tool — This Tool lets you switch between the different articulations of VSL all-instruments. You can switch via keyswitch, controller and programchange messages. The articulations changes can be automated.
- Multi Instrument Tool — A tool extending the possibilities of the legacy performance tool. A scripted trackstack patch makes it possible to use all kinds of different single vsl instruments in one multi-instrument and switch between them. Besides the normal keyswitch mode there is the new articulation-id mode, letting you even further program or play a different articulation for every single note.
The VSL Performance Tools are available for purchase for 29 EUR.
More information: 3R Audio / VSL Performance Tools
More posts that match this tag
Amazing Machines has launched Brute VRS, a virtual recall sheet for the Arturia MiniBrute synthesizer. BRUTE VRS allows users to digitally store patches made on the Hardware Synth. Although BRUTE VRS does not generate any … read more
Soundness has released SoundSoap 4, the latest version of its audio cleaning software for Windows and Mac. SoundSoap 4 has some amazing new features and enhancements! A new Loudness Maximizer boosts the volume of your … read more
Cableguys has just launched version 4 of its VolumeShaper effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. VolumeShaper is a plugin for shaping and automating the levels of any audio signal. From sidechain compression effects to extreme … read more
Cableguys has announced the release of VolumeShaper 4, an updated version of the effect plugin for shaping and automating the levels of any audio signal. From multiband sidechain compression effects to extreme gating, from tempo-synced … read more
Ghostwave Audio has released version 1.5 of MixRight, a track comparison utility for Native Instruments Reaktor 5. MixRight is a Native Instruments Reaktor 5 ensemble designed as the easiest way to compare your current mix … read more
Plugin Boutique has launched a group buy for Liquid Notes for Live, a songwriting assistant tool by Re-Compose for editing complex harmonic progressions. It offers a controllable range of alternatives for chords and harmonies in … read more
Youlean has released version 2.0 of Freq-Balancer, a simple tool that will help you with mastering by balancing frequency response of your songs. Freq-Balancer analyzes the frequency content of an audio signal and automatically applies … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features. Both plug-ins can now load more VST and … read more
Outbound link: Blue Cat Audio
– Related: AAX
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Soundlib has released version 2.1 of G-Player, a Gigastudio file player instrument for Windows and Mac. Forget converting and importing with random results. Save time and disk space. G-Player plays all your Gigastudio™ sound libraries … read more
Physical Music has updated the TimeFreezer plug-in for Windows and Mac. In the analyser there is now the “stabilisator”, an algorithm that recognizes more precisely stable portions of waves. There are two consequences of that: … read more
Sound Radix has announced Drum Leveler, a new beat detection-based downward and upward compressor/expander. By selectively applying gain to single drum beats, Drum Leveler easily achieves the desired target level for each beat, without affecting … read more
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of its Ableton Push Intergration Pack for u-he’s Bazille modular synthesizer plug-in. Quickly integrate Ableton’s Push and U-He’s Bazille The Push/ Bazille Integration Pack will allow you to: Find … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script, a new version of the scripting plug-in that can be programmed to build custom audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments inside most … read more
FeelYourSound has announced version 1.3.0 of Sundog Scale Studio, a MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac. Get rid of writer’s block once and for all. Experiment with new scales, harmonies, and melodies easily. Use … read more
Wire Grind has launched Doffset, a free DC offset correction effect plug-in for Windows. Audio signals often contain DC offset. DC offset is often not easy to recognize when using an audio editor. Offset correction … read more