Dynaudio Professional has released a new AIR Control application for PC, Mac and Windows-based tablets, allowing users to carry out advanced calibration and alignment of their AIR monitoring system.
The software provides access to advanced tools and features inside AIR monitors and subwoofers including timing and SPL calibration and parametric EQs for each monitor. Air Control allows users to define and store custom setups and presets with selective parameter locking, and a special measurement mode provides EQ line signal out from selected monitors.
“AIR Control will be available as a free download, and we are very excited to offer our current and future AIR users the advantages of this intuitive software that easily and intuitively unlocks all the power of their AIR monitor systems.” says Fred Speckeen, Global Business Manager for Dynaudio Professional. “AIR systems are an industry standard, and have been so for over a decade. It is chosen by ear by the world-leading film, music and broadcast production studios. AIR Control is designed to meet their accelerating project and workflow demands where minutely accurate adjustments and configurations must be easily made, saved and quickly recalled.”
AIR Control replaces Dynaudio Professional’s original ‘TC PC-IP’ installer software that was developed for professional installers. The new AIR Control application design is easier to use and an even more efficient way to fine-tune a complete, digital AIR monitoring system. The new AIR Control runs on Mac, PC and Windows-based tablets.
The AIR Control software is available for download now.
More information: Dynaudio Professional / AIR Control
TB-Software has released version 1.2 of Euphonia, an optimal audio spectrum balancing plug-in for the mastering stage.
Euphonia compares the spectral fingerprint against build-in curves (Pop/Rock/Dance/Jazz/DubStep) and calculates filter settings so that the spectrum of the audio follows the selected average spectrum curves.
Euphonia is designed to be used during the music production process. Spectral adjustments are usually done right after the final mix, but before usage of any sounding equalizer, master compressors or limiters. Euphonia is also designed to be effective in restoration/remastering environments.
Changes in Euphonia v1.2 features
- RTAS support added.
- Registration Keys changed.
- Windows Installer.
Euphonia for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 79 EUR.
More information: TB-Software / Euphonia
, effect plugins
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on Aug 26, 2014 - 0 comments
Zynaptiq has announced the availability of ZAP, a bundle comprising four of its effect plug-ins.
Restore your sound’s natural frequency response with UNFILTER, remove reverb and masking effects with UNVEIL, get rid of the most objectionable types of codec/denoiser artifacts with UNCHIRP, and change the pitches inside of mixed music on the fly with PITCHMAP.
All in real-time, a lightning fast workflow, and with award-winning quality. Add the cutting edge of audio processing to your toolkit with proven solutions no one else can match.
The ZAP Bundle is available for purchase for $1099 USD / EUR 999 (incl. 19% VAT). Previous customers of UNVEIL, UNFILTER or PITCHMAP can upgrade to the ZAP Bundle by paying the difference of the list price.
More information: Zynaptiq / ZAP Bundle
Zynaptiq has announced the release of UNCHIRP, a codec artifact removal and transient retrieval effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
UNCHIRP is a plug-in for removing the most obnoxious artifacts associated with lossy audio encoding and other FFT based processes, such as spectral de-noising.
Reduce musical noise, suppress high frequency chirping (also known as underwater sound, warbling or the tweeties), fix transient smearing, and restore lost high frequencies – UNCHIRP does it all in one go.
If you need to salvage poorly encoded music, speech that has gone through a low bit rate uplink, material that has been de-noised too strongly, or footage recorded with consumer mobile devices – or if you simply want to add contour and vibrance to already great sounding recordings – UNCHIRP is your (only) friend.
- Suppression of high frequency “chirping” artifacts.
- Reduction of “musical noise” artifacts.
- Transient Synthesis to augment or replace smeared, over-limited or otherwise compromised transients.
- Psycho-Acoustically optimized Treble Boost circuit with Enhance and Excite modes.
- Break-Point Curve Editor based frequency-dependent processing.
- Side-only algorithm mode for working with joint-stereo encoded material.
- HD algorithm mode for increased quality processing with higher CPU load (off-line processing recommended).
- SYNC parameter allows processing to be synchronized to signal transients for increasing clarity.
- Output limiter for unsupervised use in batch processing applications.
- Highly time-efficient workflow and UI.
UNCHIRP for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/AudioSuite) is available for purchase for $399 USD / 369 EUR (incl. VAT in EU).
More information: Zynaptiq / UNCHIRP
Spektro Audio has released version 1.2 of CV Toolkit, a standalone application that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s ES-3 module.
We’re extremely excited to announce that the 1.2 update for CV Toolkit – Standalone Version is out!
This update fixes most of the issues we had with previous versions, brings many new features and set’s the path for the future of CV Toolkit.
Changes in CV Toolkit v1.2
- New Virtual Slot System (VSS), swap modules inside the slots at any time and configure it to best suite your need.
- 4 new modules:
- CV Recorder (Slot #8) – Record the output of any other virtual module and play it back using Vari-Speed (-10x to 10x).
- Comparator (Slot #8) – Performs a bipolar 1-bit quantization to an incoming signal.
- Morphing VCO (Slot #10) – A digital oscillator that can be used as sub oscillator, a modulator for FM / ring-mod patches or as an audio-rate modulation.
- Clock Generator (Slot #11) – Generate clock signals (gate or trigger) at different rates.
- Significant CPU usage optimization.
- CV Quantizer is now more reliable and contains 13 scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Blues, Dorian, Lydian, Locrian, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Arabic and Augmented.
- MIDI Notes Out – Send the output of the CV Quantizer module as MIDI notes to the selected MIDI output port. (Useful for layering sounds using other analog synths or virtual instruments).
- Added a width control for the Step Sequencer Gate / Clock output (Available in the Options window)
- Added curve adjustment for AD1 and AD2 (Logarithmic → Linear → Exponential)
- Added Pitch Bend support (with adjustable range to up to +/- 12 semitones)
- Improved voice handling
- Improved sync for the S&H module
- The Routing Matrix guidelines now have different colors for virtual modules (green) and analog outputs (blue).
- Lemur template updated to include new virtual modules.
- Minor design changes.
CV Toolkit for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / CV Toolkit
Feelyoursound has released version 1.2.0 of Sundog Scale Studio, which features better chord progression support for the MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac.
Get rid of writer’s block once and for all. Experiment with new scales, harmonies, and melodies easily.
Use Sundog to play around with chords and basenotes like a breeze. Go from calm, smooth, chill out styles to energetic upbeat tunes in a matter of seconds. Promised.
Changes in Sundog Scale Studio v1.2.0
- Completely new Chords View.
- Create chord progressions with triads, four note chords, and powerchords.
- Better detection of roman numerals.
- Chord progression export as MIDI file – also via drag and drop.
- Trigger triads and four note chords with a MIDI keyboard or computer keyboard.
- New shortcuts for common tasks in the “Tools” menu:
- “Follow the chords on this channel”: The current instrument will play back the new chord instantly as soon as a chord change happens.
- “Follow the chord notes on this channel”: The current instrument will follow the chord progression by applying the current step sequencer pattern to the active chord notes (this is the same as setting the mode to “Chord Notes”, setting the pattern to “Off”, and recording the base note without any additional movements for one full take).
- “Fill channel with basic sequence”: This is the same as recording the base note without any additional movements for one full take. The current mode will be used.
- New instrument mode “Full Chords+”: The same as “Full Chords”, but with an additional note one octave below the chord root note.
- Working update checker.
Sundog Scale Studio for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.5 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac.
We’ve plucked every last hair from our eyebrows and we’re happy to finally bring you complete Virtual Guitarist 2 compatibility with 32 Lives! This version also includes GUI compatibility fixes and other improvements.
The update is free to download for 32 Lives users. A new trial version is available for download as well.
Sound Radix has also announced AAX AudioSuite compatibility for Auto-Align and SurferEQ.
You’ve asked for it and we’re happy to comply – Auto-Align and SurferEQ are now AAX AudioSuite compatible. Need to print the tracks for your shamelessly un-radical mixing engineer or archive your project? No problem. Just copy+paste your setting from the real time plug-in and hit the Render button. If you haven’t done so already, please visit your user area to download the latest installers.
We currently recommend our AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools 11.x only. Please use the RTAS versions for Pro Tools 10.3.x and earlier.
Furthermore, Sound Radix is offering three 32 Lives bundle offers.
We’ve teamed up with Blue Cat Audio, LennarDigital and GSi to offer you these great value bundles. Check them out! Offer is available for bundle purchases only.
32 Lives Bundles
- Blue Cat Audio Patchwork + 32 Lives Bundle – $129 USD (reg. $178) — Create full racks of effects and instruments, mix & match 32 and 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins such as Sylenth1 and RogerLinn’s AdrenaLinn Sync in your 64-bit DAW, including Pro Tools 11!
- LennarDigital Sylenth1 + 32 Lives Bundle – 159 EUR (reg. 212 EUR) — LennarDigital Sylenth1. The synth and the legend you’ve heard on countless #1 chart-toppers. Buy it now with 32 Lives and get the 2.0 update Free of charge!
- GSi Instrument + 32 Lives Bundle $125 USD (reg. $166) — Whether it’s the ultimate Tonewheel organ emulation VB3, or down to the tine noise modeling of electro-mechanical classics such as MrRay MkII, EG70 or the funky ZD6, we’ve got you covered.
More information: Sound Radix