Quiet Art has launched Defaulter, a clip gain normalizer plug-in for Pro Tools.
Defaulter is a clip gain normalizer Audio Suite plugin for ProTools 10 & 11. It brings the clip gain up or down to meet user set peak levels. It also has a threshold adjustment to ignore clips below required levels.
Defaulter sends couple of key commands to the system so that you can automate its function using your favorite macro app on your computer.
Defaulter for Mac (AAX) is available for purchase for $89 USD.
More information: Quiet Art / Defaulter
Feelyoursound has announced the release of MidiMidi for Mac OS X.
The software converts the input of the successful Kickstarter project MaKey MaKey into MIDI notes, MIDI controller values, and MIDI chords. MidiMidi is available for Windows as well, the new version 1.1.0 includes additional presets and settings.
As shown in the video below, the combination of MidiMidi and MaKey MaKey makes it possible to turn any conductive material like fruits or metal into touchable areas for MIDI triggers. This way it is easy to build own MIDI controllers, MIDI drum kits, and MIDI instruments without any soldering or the need for a degree in engineering.
- The gaming centered key settings of MaKey MaKey are turned into real MIDI data.
- Support for MIDI notes, chords, and MIDI controller values.
- A special toggle mode starts and stops notes or loops with two touches.
- Many scale and chords presets are included (e.g. Major, Minor, Phrygian,…).
- Useful settings for live situations like “Always on top” mode or “Transparent window mode”.
- Ten keys can get remapped, four banks are available to organize the settings.
- It’s possible to define own keymappings to turn the computer keyboard into a MIDI controller as well.
MidiMidi is available for the introductory price of 19 EUR / $23 USD until December 18th, 2014 (regular 24 EUR / $29 USD).
More information: Feelyoursound
, analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Meldaproduction has announced the release of MCompare, an A/B referencing solution for mixing and mastering.
MCompare is the ultimate reference tool for mixing and mastering allowing you to quickly compare your audio to any audio file and stages of your processing chain, and saves you from loudness deception.
MCompare is the only plugin that lets you compare your master to the chosen reference tracks, dry mix, different stages of your mastering chaing and even different versions of your mastering chain. All in a single instance, where everything is one click away. It just cannot be any easier.
- The most advanced user interface on the market – stylable, resizable, GPU accelerated.
- Unique visualisation engine with classic meters and time graphs.
- M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing….
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE/SSE2/SSE3 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange.
- Supports VST, VST3, AU and AAX interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- No dongle nor internet access is required for activation.
- Free-for-life updates.
MCompare is available for the introductory price of 29 EUR. It is free for MTotalBundle, MasteringBundle and MMixingBundle users.
Meldaproduction has also updated all its effect plug-ins and MPowerSynth to version 8.09, providing several optimizations, improvements and fixes.
Changes in version 8.09
- MCompare plugin has been released.
- Added sample-accurate event processing for both MIDI and automation.
- ADSR tremolo settings are now available even in custom shape mode.
- Added crest meter to MMultiBandLimiter, MDynamicsLimiter and MUltraMaximizer.
- Added Basic GPU acceleration mode, which provides basic acceleration even for older incompatible GPUs.
- Fix: Equalizer auto-listen feature caused the filters to stay in “listen” mode until moved again or panicked.
- Fix: AGC didn’t work accurately for plugins with latency.
- Fix: AAX versions didn’t load up correctly in existing ProTools projects for some stereo plugins and surround configurations.
- Fix: Linear-phase equalizers did delay channels 3-8 in surround mode in some hosts until the mode has been changed.
- MPowerSynth – Added sample-accurate event processing for both MIDI and automation.
- MPowerSynth – Added audition button useful to audition current sound by sending note on/offs.
- MPowerSynth – ADSR tremolo settings are now available even in custom shape mode.
- MPowerSynth – Added Basic GPU acceleration mode, which provides basic acceleration even for older incompatible GPUs.
- MPowerSynth – Fix: Equalizer auto-listen feature caused the filters to stay in “listen” mode until moved again or panicked.
More information: Meldaproduction
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of the DCAM Synth Squad/Ableton Push Integration Pack, an instant way to use popular third party VSTs with Push in the same way as Ableton instruments.
The DCAM Synth Squad VST Plug Ins Pack will allow you to:
- Find Amber, Cypher, Strobe (and Fusion) and all their factory presets inside your Push menu
- Browse through the 2,200+ factory presets from Push’s screen in their categories
- Load up any of the presets from Push
- Control the knobs and sliders on the DCAM Synth Squad VST Plug ins using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function)
- Unlock Push’s step sequencer, in key and exotic scales functions for all the Synth Squad presets
(You must own DCAM Synth Squad and Push to use this pack. Note that for Fusion, all the top level presets can be loaded from Push. Second level presets must be changed manually as usual)
The integration pack is available for purchase for £14.99 GBP.
More information: Crafted Sound
iZotope has launched a sale on its Studio Bundle and Studio & Repair Bundle.
Now’s the perfect time to complete your studio setup—we’re offering the biggest bundle savings of the year but only through December 31!
Studio Bundle: Save $150
Polish your sound and sweeten vocals. Bring character and life to every element of your mix with Alloy 2. Elevate a good-sounding mix to a professional-sounding master with Ozone 6. And treat your voice to professional results with Nectar 2.
Studio & Repair Bundle: Save $300
Arm your studio for success. Includes everything in the Studio Bundle plus RX 4, our award-winning repair and enhancement toolkit. Fix troubled sound with unprecedented power, transforming previously unusable audio into pristine material.
The sale ends December 31st, 2014.
More information: iZotope
Audio Assault has released Multi Transient, a multi-band envelope shaper plug-in for Windows and Mac. Multi Transient is a powerful tool for tone shaping, control the amount of attack and sustain for every band, including … read more
Feelyoursound has released version 1.4.0 of its Sundog Scale Studio MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac. Sundog is a specialized MIDI sequencer that helps to create harmonious songs faster by providing quick access to … read more
zplane.development has released version 3.2.1 of PPMulator, a PPM metering effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. PPMulator is a cross-platform plug-in meter for digital audio workstations which exactly mimics the look and feel of a … read more
AudioCR has announced the release of Capture Midi, a retrospective MIDI manager for Mac OS X. Play on midi keyboard and let Capture Midi backup and recover all your played melodies. Incredibly useful status bar … read more
HoRNet Plug-Ins has announced the release of TrackUtility, an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac designed to help you with those small tasks that each track needs. TrackUtility is a swiss army knife for audio, … read more
3R Audio has announced VSL Performance Tools, a collection of tools for using EXS24 Vienna Symphonic Libraries in Apple’s Logic Pro X. VSL Performance Tools for Logic Pro X – Articulation Tool. The VSL Performance … read more
Amazing Machines has launched Brute VRS, a virtual recall sheet for the Arturia MiniBrute synthesizer. BRUTE VRS allows users to digitally store patches made on the Hardware Synth. Although BRUTE VRS does not generate any … read more
Soundness has released SoundSoap 4, the latest version of its audio cleaning software for Windows and Mac. SoundSoap 4 has some amazing new features and enhancements! A new Loudness Maximizer boosts the volume of your … read more
Cableguys has just launched version 4 of its VolumeShaper effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. VolumeShaper is a plugin for shaping and automating the levels of any audio signal. From sidechain compression effects to extreme … read more
Cableguys has announced the release of VolumeShaper 4, an updated version of the effect plugin for shaping and automating the levels of any audio signal. From multiband sidechain compression effects to extreme gating, from tempo-synced … read more
Ghostwave Audio has released version 1.5 of MixRight, a track comparison utility for Native Instruments Reaktor 5. MixRight is a Native Instruments Reaktor 5 ensemble designed as the easiest way to compare your current mix … read more
Plugin Boutique has launched a group buy for Liquid Notes for Live, a songwriting assistant tool by Re-Compose for editing complex harmonic progressions. It offers a controllable range of alternatives for chords and harmonies in … read more
Youlean has released version 2.0 of Freq-Balancer, a simple tool that will help you with mastering by balancing frequency response of your songs. Freq-Balancer analyzes the frequency content of an audio signal and automatically applies … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features. Both plug-ins can now load more VST and … read more
Outbound link: Blue Cat Audio
– Related: AAX
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Soundlib has released version 2.1 of G-Player, a Gigastudio file player instrument for Windows and Mac. Forget converting and importing with random results. Save time and disk space. G-Player plays all your Gigastudio™ sound libraries … read more