, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features.
Both plug-ins can now load more VST and Audio Unit plug-ins (fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins manufacturers). For improved interoperability between systems, plug-ins’ state are now retained even if the plug-ins are missing, and VST plug-ins can be relocated if moved.
The new PatchWork 1.5 plug-in also supports MIDI FX Audio Units and can be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X to quickly build complex MIDI effects chains (full change list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.5 / MB-7 Mixer v2.4
- New Features for both plug-ins:
- Missing VST plug-ins can now be relocated if not found.
- The plug-in now saves missing plug-ins’ state so that they can be restored later.
- New Features for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- The Audio Unit can now be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X.
- MIDI FX Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for both plug-ins:
- Fixed issue on Mac when loading sessions created on Windows using VST plug-ins in sub-directories.
- Fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins that used to crash when unloaded (Image Line, MeldaProduction, Catanya…).
- VST Plug-in name is now displayed when loaded from a missing VST shell bundle (instead of just the name of the bundle).
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when using keyboard shortcuts in the host application to switch between plug-ins or tracks.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- (Mac) Fixed parameters not available for mapping when Audio Unit bridged with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
- (Mac) Fixed parameters mapped with wrong range for some Audio Units (u-he, AAS…).
- (Mac) Fixed parameter changes sent from host not visible in the user interface for some Audio Units (u-he…).
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.4:
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 2.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD. Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer costs 99 EUR / $129 USD. Prices excl. VAT.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
Soundlib has released version 2.1 of G-Player, a Gigastudio file player instrument for Windows and Mac.
Forget converting and importing with random results. Save time and disk space. G-Player plays all your Gigastudio™ sound libraries without any conversion. G-Player was designed to play the large orchestral sound libraries and supports disk streaming, dimensions, keyswitches and layered instruments.
Changes in G-Player v2.1 features
- True stereo panning: A user can now precisely adjust the panning of the left and the right channels, or switch the left and the right side. The stereo balance has been kept for compatibility with the previous version.
- Increased the stack size from 16 to 24: a User can now stack up to 24 Giga instruments per MIDI channel.
- MIDI port mute buttons: In the standalone version a user can now mute each of the 8 MIDI ports.
- Direct sound loading: In the previous version, G-Player was loading a project asynchronously when running as a plugin. Some users reported occasional problems due to this way of loading giga files. This new version will load the Giga files immediately when opening the plug-in, which means that when a project is open, all the giga files are loaded and ready to play.
- Fixed the envelope segment modulation by a MIDI controller.
- For Mac users: This version is digitally signed, so it will install and run fine with GateKeeper. It has also been tested extensively on OS X Mavericks.
The update is free for all existing users and can be downloaded from the user area at the Soundlib web site.
More information: Soundlib / G-Player
Physical Music has updated the TimeFreezer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
In the analyser there is now the “stabilisator”, an algorithm that recognizes more precisely stable portions of waves. There are two consequences of that: first you can get better results when taking a short portion of sound. Second: if the analysed sound is stable – like a synthesizer – then the freeze is stable too and no longer sounds like a far reverberation.
The Keyboard mode is still in use, so that you can store a completely different preset on every key of your keyboard. In the Audio Unit version you now save the bank of presets in one go. In VST you still have the opportunity of choosing between fxp and fxb (one preset/whole bank).
All are now available in 64-bit for Mac OS X and Windows. The Mac version is compatible with Logic X and OS 10.9.
TimeFreezer is available for purchase for $99 USD (single platform) / $129 USD (bundle).
More information: TimeFreezer
Sound Radix has announced Drum Leveler, a new beat detection-based downward and upward compressor/expander.
By selectively applying gain to single drum beats, Drum Leveler easily achieves the desired target level for each beat, without affecting bleed noise or beats that are out of the user-defined processing range.
Unlike traditional envelope-followers that detect incoming levels and utilize VCA to apply gain changes, Drum Leveler runs an advanced new algorithm that takes full advantage of the digital domain – allowing unparalleled control over your drums’ dynamics.
Drum Leveler is powerful yet easy to use. It will help you achieve solid driving grooves, improve clarity and add punch to any percussive performance.
Drum Leveler features
- Transparent, beat detection-based simultaneous upward & downward compressor/expander.
- Applies gain to each beat individually to achieve set target level.
- Gain change is applied right at the start of the beat, to avoid compressor artifacts within the beat.
- Set a gain processing range to affect only specific beats within a track.
- Easy to use and Intuitive user interface.
Drum Leveler is currently in beta and will be available in November 2014.
More information: Sound Radix
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of its Ableton Push Intergration Pack for u-he’s Bazille modular synthesizer plug-in.
Quickly integrate Ableton’s Push and U-He’s Bazille
The Push/ Bazille Integration Pack will allow you to:
- Find Bazille and all its factory presets inside your Push menu
- Browse through the 1,800+ factory presets from Push’s screen in their categories
- Load up any of the presets from Push
- Control the knobs and sliders on Bazille using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function)
- Unlock Push’s step sequencer, in key and exotic scales functions for all the Bazille presets
(You must own Bazille and Push to use this pack)
This new Bazille pack joins our existing packs for Push and popular VSTs including Arturia V Collection, Sylenth, DIVA, Synthmaster, and more.
The integration pack is available for purchase from Craftedsound for £10.99 GBP.
More information: Crafted Sound
More posts that match this tag
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script, a new version of the scripting plug-in that can be programmed to build custom audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments inside most … read more
FeelYourSound has announced version 1.3.0 of Sundog Scale Studio, a MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac. Get rid of writer’s block once and for all. Experiment with new scales, harmonies, and melodies easily. Use … read more
Wire Grind has launched Doffset, a free DC offset correction effect plug-in for Windows. Audio signals often contain DC offset. DC offset is often not easy to recognize when using an audio editor. Offset correction … read more
At the 137th AES Convention, NUGEN Audio is celebrating 10 years of service to the music and audio post-production communities by introducing MasterCheck, the first modern loudness tool for the music industry, as well as … read more
MorphTune is a pitch manipulation software for Windows. MorphTune is not just a pitch correction tool. Besides pitch correction, it lets you creatively experiment and transform your tunes the way you want them. MorphTune features … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script, a new scripting plug-in that can be programmed to quickly build custom audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments, without quitting your favorite Digital Audio Workstation … read more
Audiofile Engineering has announced Loop Editor 2, an update to the simple loop editing tool for Mac OS X. Loop Editor is the perfect replacement for Apple Loops Utility. It supports all audio file formats … read more
Parallax Audio has released version 2.0 of VirtualSoundStage, an instrument-placement plug-in for Windows and Mac. VirtualSoundStage (VSS) is a unique audio plug-in, which gives you the ability to position your instruments on a virtual stage … read more
iZotope has announced the release of RX 4, the next generation of its industry-standard audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac. iZotope’s award-winning software transforms flawed audio into pristine, usable material by removing noises, distortions, … read more
Outbound link: iZotope
/ RX 4
– Related: AAX
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 12, 2014 - 0 comments
Roland has announced the SBX-1 Sync Box, a universal synchronization hub for electronic musical instruments and computers. Equipped with USB-MIDI, standard MIDI, and DIN sync ports, the compact SBX‑1 provides a convenient way for music … read more
Acon Digital has released version 1.5 of the Restoration Suite, a plug-in bundle designed for audio restoration tasks. The Restoration Suite includes DeNoise (picture above), DeHum, DeClip & DeClick. The visual appearance has received a … read more
Dynaudio Professional has released a new AIR Control application for PC, Mac and Windows-based tablets, allowing users to carry out advanced calibration and alignment of their AIR monitoring system. The software provides access to advanced … read more
TB-Software has released version 1.2 of Euphonia, an optimal audio spectrum balancing plug-in for the mastering stage. Euphonia compares the spectral fingerprint against build-in curves (Pop/Rock/Dance/Jazz/DubStep) and calculates filter settings so that the spectrum of … read more
Zynaptiq has announced the availability of ZAP, a bundle comprising four of its effect plug-ins. Restore your sound’s natural frequency response with UNFILTER, remove reverb and masking effects with UNVEIL, get rid of the most … read more
Outbound link: Zynaptiq
/ ZAP Bundle
– Related: AAX
, effect plugins
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on Aug 26, 2014 - 0 comments
Zynaptiq has announced the release of UNCHIRP, a codec artifact removal and transient retrieval effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. UNCHIRP is a plug-in for removing the most obnoxious artifacts associated with lossy audio encoding … read more